F--K DALLAS

Matteau#32

1981, my family moves from Brooklyn to Staten Island... the first week we are there my mother kicks me out of the house to play with the kids down the block... they're playing football.... I basically get bullied into playing and the first thing they all say... we're all cowboy fans... you better be too... well my family is sports-retarded so I kinda go with it... and well if I'm gonna say it.. might as well watch them too right?? I grew a fascination at 8-some years old for this quarterback who was ALSO the punter... and I'm like hey.. he can fake a punt ANY time ... that's cool.... and lo and behold it STUCK... and being a loyal lil Italian boy like I am I stayed with it, and 27 years later ... here I am... and now for the good loyal giants fan who goes there each and every week and sits through it... thick and thin, through the Kent Graham's and the other bums... good for you...it's a nice run.. enjoy it.. they are a rare thing... but for the board trolls or the people that didn't even cut the tags off their Eli and Plaxico jerseys and still think Phil Simms is on the team... I can not and WILL NOT take and accept sh!t for them

and believe me there was PLENTY more of the price tag on jersey people then the other kinda yesterday!

and it's amazing... sad even, that it's more about being Dallas, then BEING TWO WINS FROM THE SUPER BOWL :blink:... that's sad

and yes I said the same thing when people called the playoffs a success cause the Devils swept the Rangers... it's NICE but all it mean was 3 more rounds to win

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1981, my family moves from Brooklyn to Staten Island... the first week we are there my mother kicks me out of the house to play with the kids down the block... they're playing football.... I basically get bullied into playing and the first thing they all say... we're all cowboy fans... you better be too.
Edited by Jerrydevil

Tri, I take it you missed my point when I said making it to the Conference Finals REGARDLESS of opponent should be the main cause of being happy... who ya beat to get there HELPS... but still when you get an underdog run like this (kinda like 1988 Devils).... it's as much about the RUN as the OPPONENT

so don't be oh pleasing me :P

Edited by CRASHER

I dunno what's so sad about it... i got to see 3 Super Bowls in 4 years, the greatest running back of our time in Emmitt, I'd never had started going out to the bars on football Sundays which I love, not to mention the friends I've made BEHIND the bar because of the mutual Cowboys love

all sh!t happens for a reason, and as much as the adversity sucks now... when/if they turn the corner it makes winning it all that MUCH SWEETER... I make no bones and fewer apologies for who I am and why I root for who I do (if I did I'd have snapped in Brooklyn in 1994)

Just like 1994, made the 1995 Devils all the better a win... the same here!!!

Was Klecko even in the NFL in 1981 !?!?!?

Then again... blame my parents for being sports retards... hell kick my father in the shins on principle for me too while you're at it :P

but beating dallas, in dallas, with jerry jones' stupefied mug on national television for everyone to see - that's a successful season when you consider the expectations (and how not great the giants played all year). everything else is gravy.

The sad thing about this whole thread is the fact that the Cowboys and Giants will be in the exact same boat at the end of next weekend. Dallas is out...it sucks...they've played better games. Our sloppiness was our undoing and Eli played a good game when he really needed to...but if you hardcore awesomely great Giants fans really think your team will make it past the Packers then you are sadly mistaken and if by some chance the hand of some omnipotent being reaches down and makes it so then have fun, all you will be able to brag about is the fact that you got beat in the Super Bowl...goody you have the last pick of the draft...

For the record, there are more things on this Cowboys team that need to be fixed than I can possibly put in one post..fact of the matter is they played a sloppy December when it counted the most and it brought them what they deserved...Although depressed I won't be bitter..to the real Giant fans on this board...good luck, you beat us you deserve to be there...so good luck...you're going to need it...

I even love that the Cowboys were sent home crying (literally and figuratively), and I could care less about the Giants or Dallas most of the time although I generally don't root for the Giants cause of the people I work with.

Just too many frigging egos with Dallas, both on the team and with the fanbase :P From that punk receiver Crayton talking smack (and then having a Jerramy Stevens-like suckfest and not backing it up) to Jerry Jones and his snafu of not only putting championship tickets in players' lockers but letting it leak so the Giants knew about it to TO to the attention hog celebrity couple to all the Dallas fans that can't take a little face wash after every darn week around here was Cowboy central.

And here's my little dig...all you Cowboy fans that were ragging on Bill all year, Bill would NEVER have given his team five days off and let them get as rusty as Phillips did at the end of the season.

Parents weren't really into football. Neither were my older brothers. It came down to me turning on the TV one weekend and really liking it. Of course the Colts were playing and even though they lost, I ended up liking and following them despite only getting to see them on TV once in a blue moon.

No Sunday Ticket or even a remote to the TV back then. Turn the channel by hand while you sat in front of the TV. :lol:

That's the difference between the two teams though, We Dallas fans aren't pissed/depressed/saddened because we lost to the Giants...it's because we lost. Period. Even through the, now 12 year, playoff win drought we root for this team to make it to the Super Bowl every year and win it...every year, there is no gravy, no icing on the cake..no bright side of things...to hell with who we lost to or to who we beat on the way there...as it is with Devils fans, there is no "at least we did this"...it's win it all...

That is the one thing you said I am apalled at. Don't come close to calling someone you probably haven't even heard of a "punk", because he happens to be one of the nicest men in the NFL. See, I try to go to 3 or 4 Cowboys home games a year, which is tough because I live in Jersey, but I still do. When we were there my first time this year, their opener against the Giants, we went out to try to get my 11 year old some autographs. Well, we're waiting and sprinting to different players at the hotel lined up against the fence, and most of them are nice guys, and sign about 10-15 autographs. Well, Mr. Crayton comes out, and when he sees the dogpile for him, he says "Hey fella's, calm down, I will sign each and every autograph needed". The man stood out there for an hour and a half, all on his own free time. Well, about a half hour in, my better half tells me dinner time. I obey. Call my 11 year old son, who is still waiting for an autograph. Well, turns out a large autograph session is starting (50 bucks a head to see 2 players... my ass ;)) So a big group of people are now calling "Hey Pat, i really need to go, can you sign me real quick", etc. etc. Better luck next time, I'm thinking. My kid goes "Please Mr Crayton?" He stops, and says "Who said please? *Signs my kids ball, and looks at other kids* "Manners count, fellas".

Now, the monday after the game, we are in the Pro Shop, which is a ghost town (best time to go if you ever go to a Dallas sports event). Holy Hell, in comes Patrick Crayton, says to the sales rep "The regular, Maddie. Thanks doll". My kids and I are thinking "oh probably a new hat or something superstitious like that". She comes out with, no joke, 35 of those really nice quality Dallas Cowboys footballs (kid was begging me fore one, but they are damn 40 bucks). He looks over and says to my son "You want one?" Made my kid flip out haha. "Sure, thanks!" he says, and the clerk goes and gets him one and rings it up for Mr. Crayton. While the Clerk is out fetching one from the back, he signs all of our jerseys and talks with us. He told us that the 35 footballs get auctioned off at a local charity for Cancer, every week on their website, and he personalizes and signs them for whoever gives them the money. He raises a good 15 grand a week for this organization.

Sorry for that novel, but when someone called Patrick Crayton a punk, my stomache turned.

blah blah blah, you're america's team

and there is plenty of 'at least we did this' with devils fans, or have you forgotten when they curbstomped the rangers in 2006

hasan, i didn't even know about most of that stuff - that makes it even better. the sheer arrogance. that jerry jones would come down on to the sideline expecting a win, and got something else entirely.

dallas' reputation is seriously overblown and it's possible that they get through this current crop of excellent players without a super bowl win, which would be a crime.

Edited by Hasan4978