Janssen on waivers

SterioDesign

Still an upgrade over Janssen.

Boychuk is still young and a former 1st round pick

Lou LOVES ex 1st round fallen out of favor elsewhere reclamation projects

Holik, Rupp, Turner Stevenson, Tverdovsky, Zyuzin, Grant Marshall etc.

Not all work out, but he will always be looking to give guys with potential fresh starts in NJ

steve bernier...

Not saying I don't agree with the move, but are you guys ready to crown Barch King of Goons after one good shift? His fight didn't really open my eyes, he got into a bad position then the refs just let it go on a century too long.

He actually has hockey sense. He made many nice passes back to the defense instead of turning the puck over in the neutral zone. He was cycling, backing up defensemen, screening the goalie, and just looked good out there. Janssen doesnt do anything.

Now hopefully this means Darche is signing or there's a trade on the way since Matteau made the team (which I'm shocked about, quite frankly). I never want to see Cam Janssen play another game for the franchise. I love the guy, but he can't play. Enough is enough.

Now hopefully this means Darche is signing or there's a trade on the way since Matteau made the team (which I'm shocked about, quite frankly). I never want to see Cam Janssen play another game for the franchise. I love the guy, but he can't play. Enough is enough.

BTW, Matteau didn't make the team. He just didn't not make the team.... yet.

Boychuk is intriguing, but I don't think NJ will claim him. I don't care about cap space - everyone has that - I care about what his role would be. Right now NJ hasn't shown a willingness to break up the Carter-Gionta-Bernier unit (except late in games). Unless they'd stick him immediately with Zajac and Kovalchuk, I don't see the spot for him. The Devils already have a similar player in Bobby Butler.

But Butler didn't make the team. I assume there was some reason, since there was certainly a spot for him. Boychuk will be cheap, we clearly need at least 1 more forward, so why not?