GDT 1/20/11 Devils vs. Penguins

ZeroGravityFat

"Don't blame us is we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you, Devils you are the only, only, oh-only"

I know ripping a Red Sox song should be considered blasphemy around here but I can't help but love that song and wish that the Dropkick Murphy's were Devils fans.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

Gee a nice night for once at the Rock, got to see a win AND some postgame fireworks as 208 basically turned into a civil war with Devil fans fighting Devil fans (over some of the anti-Jet chants) :lol:

Lmao, that's great. I saw a couple people with Steeler gear on. I wanted to high five all of them lol.

Lmao, that's great. I saw a couple people with Steeler gear on. I wanted to high five all of them lol.

I mean I don't care for the anti-Jet stuff myself obviously (examples being...Rangers suck, Sanchez swallows to go along with the J-E-T-S suck one) but I don't pay it much mind when people like to be doofuses.

Really though you're asking for trouble if you're coming to a Devil game and bashing another team you know a lot of your fellow fans root for. I mean I can understand the Steeler jerseys cause we were playing a Pittsburgh team after all...but geez nobody eats their own like Devils fans, as we've seen here lately :lol:

Things basically came to a head after the game when the sth who sits behind me went storming to the back of 208 after Goomba and his buddy - the originators of most of the chanting - and Goomba's buddy was egging him on up the stairs. I'm surprised there wasn't an outright brawl (the sth who sits on the end of my row probably prevented it by holding the guy back who was pissed), guess cooler heads prevailed but these are all sth's you're talking about, they have to 'live' together so to speak.

If the Jets ever did make the Super Bowl the two home games the first week of February are gonna be very interesting, to put it mildly (not to mention Sunday, depending on who shows up)...

Edited by NJDevs4978

well this is kinda unfair given that 2/5th of their cap is tied up in those two players.

and they're awesome players. :lol: having money doesn't mean it will be spent well. see: NJ Devils. and without those two guys, it's not like Pittsburgh would be a desirable hockey location. although Hamilton might have been.

it was a window back to the days of Rico Fata tonight. at least they had upgraded on Dick Tarnstorm. they should have moved Letang up to forward. it was sad.

-------- (I guess I should have multied this)

Goomba's an ass who is going to lose his voice permanently if he keeps going with the "pro wrestler voice".

Edited by maxpower

well this is kinda unfair given that 2/5th of their cap is tied up in those two players.

Not to mention we've been missing our best player for like months now :lol:

The Penguins aren't quite an expansion team without the Big Two since they have actual good NHL defensemen but they are about as bad as the Devils 2010 first half offensively.

Good solid all around win for the Devils tonight over the Penguins. I think the Devils would have still won this game if Crosby and Malkin played. The Devils were that good tonight defensively and Brodeur was vintage Brodeur tonight. Congratulations to Brodeur on shutout #114 and win #609 tonight. Devils now 4-0-1 in their last 5-games and still have no losses in regulation the start of the second half of this season. Maybe we will see a completely different half of a season here. This is the time the Devils make a run and they have the confidence now to go into Philadelphia and get the win on Saturday afternoon.

I mean I don't care for the anti-Jet stuff myself obviously (examples being...Rangers suck, Sanchez swallows to go along with the J-E-T-S suck one) but I don't pay it much mind when people like to be doofuses.

Really though you're asking for trouble if you're coming to a Devil game and bashing another team you know a lot of your fellow fans root for. I mean I can understand the Steeler jerseys cause we were playing a Pittsburgh team after all...but geez nobody eats their own like Devils fans, as we've seen here lately :lol:

Things basically came to a head after the game when the sth who sits behind me went storming to the back of 208 after Goomba and his buddy - the originators of most of the chanting - and Goomba's buddy was egging him on up the stairs. I'm surprised there wasn't an outright brawl (the sth who sits on the end of my row probably prevented it by holding the guy back who was pissed), guess cooler heads prevailed but these are all sth's you're talking about, they have to 'live' together so to speak.

If the Jets ever did make the Super Bowl the two home games the first week of February are gonna be very interesting, to put it mildly (not to mention Sunday, depending on who shows up)...

Wow, didn't realize it got that out of hand. I was in 12 tonight, so I was far away from the action. But being a Dolphins fan, it did piss me off seeing so many people in fvcking Jet gear. Fine if you're a true Jet fan, but most of these people were wearing Giant sh!t 3 years ago. I guarantee you that. I hate the Steelers too, but I will root for them like I have money on them this week. :P Also, I wonder if the Devils are going to invite fans to watch the game in the lounges like they did with the Giants a few years ago. And if they do, I wonder how many non-Jet fans will stay just to stir up sh!t.

Edited by MadDog2020

Went to bed after period 1, but guess I saw it all. Teddy's line was just great, they did some nice magic in the offense zone. Harmless Pens, only 23 shots on goal? Geez..

Finally we went from "how many goals against us tonight?" to "well, we can maybe win this game...". Great news. Now let's get the Phlyers on saturday...

Marty now has put up a .938 save% in his last six. Guess that means everyone who wanted to bury this guy can put the shovels away for a little while.

I don't have any delusions about this season being salvagable, but at least they're playing competitive hockey, and look like they belong on the ice against NHL competition. Considering where this team was a month ago, I can't ask for more than that.

I feel for John MacLean. He remains my favorite Devil of all time, a guy who fought and scrapped for everything he got as a player. Though what happened under his tenure wasn't 100% his fault, it's becoming more obvious that he simply wasn't ready to be an NHL head coach, and his failure was so spectacular that he'll probably never get another chance. Makes me sad for him.

I don't have any delusions about this season being salvagable, but at least they're playing competitive hockey, and look like they belong on the ice against NHL competition. Considering where this team was a month ago, I can't ask for more than that.

I feel for John MacLean. He remains my favorite Devil of all time, a guy who fought and scrapped for everything he got as a player. Though what happened under his tenure wasn't 100% his fault, it's becoming more obvious that he simply wasn't ready to be an NHL head coach, and his failure was so spectacular that he'll probably never get another chance. Makes me sad for him.

There are two good things about an improved second half.....

1. the improvement is coming by letting some of the younger guys get out there and be useful (Tedenby, Palmeri, Zharkov), even Kovalchuk (who's not a new guy but he's here for a decade at least....) is becoming better and being more as advertised....

2. having a competitive second half and showing this team has a future next year and beyond is gonna be VERY important in getting Parise to STAY in NJ

Now how's this for an awkward thought.... the other guy who wore #15 is gone..... how about you go from firing the guy as coach.... and then hanging his number in the rafters in the same season??? awwkkkkkwwwwwwwwwaaaarrrrrrrddddddddd!