Fantasy Baseball Season Thread

NJDevs4978

I know trading Jeter will haunt me, but i had to do the 2 for 1 and fill that hole at RP!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You did get fair value for him, considering I almost had a similar deal with someone else that was turned down a few weeks ago.

I've really focused on the offense since week one, I had too many inconsistent slap hitters after my big four (Manny, Texiera, Huff and Anderson). Drafting Lane and Inge in the last two rounds looks like it's turning out great for me, as did picking up Biggio and Sweeney as FA's. Jeter to me was like the last piece of the offensive puzzle and another player I could plug in without worrying about. As much as I kicked myself for letting Barmes go really I don't know if I would have had the stones to play him every day anyways.

I was reluctant to trade two pitchers (though when I do trade I usually do wind up doing two-for-ones or three-for-twos), but I felt I could do it cause I still had three big starters now that Mulder seems to be back in form and still have two closers with Foulke and Lyon, who might be in the midst of a breakout year. I'd rather shuttle a couple pitchers in and out than platoon hitters anyway. Plus I did get Westbrook back for Lugo, who I had no use for after getting Jeter, but he should be useful to RD at second base.

Edited by Hasan4978

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HELP!!!

NY Mets fans pls help me, am i to understand that V. Diaz is being benched until the mets can trade cameron???

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he's in the lineup today against the braves. not sure what they'll do once cameron returns.

I lost Benitez to the DL as well. And whoever has Schilling, he's also out a couple of weeks. That same ankle is bothering him.

Red, the Mets have an interesting situation. Cameron has to play so he'll have more trade value. Maybe the Mets will keep Diaz up and get him in a couple of times. But the Mets must play Cameron a good 15-20 games.

I sure hope the Mets find a way to move Cameron or Floyd and continue to play Diaz.  Diaz is showing he is at least competent against major league pitching right now so you're slowing down his growth curve if you send him back to AAA now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With the way the Mets operate, they're more likely to trade DIAZ than Cameron :rolleyes:

BTW all these rainouts are annoying me this week, I lost five games including a start by Westbrook (so instead of having two winnable starts this week, he has one start against Bonderman and gets two starts next week against the Twins and Rangers :P).

Are my pitchers the only ones that get four-digit ERA's in their starts? :doh1:

Damn, I just hope I win ONE LOUSY category this week. I knew I was walking into a minefield this week, Clown's team had to break out one of these weeks but jeez...

Edited by Hasan4978

Are my pitchers the only ones that get four-digit ERA's in their starts?  :doh1:

Damn, I just hope I win ONE LOUSY category this week.  I knew I was walking into a minefield this week, Clown's team had to break out one of these weeks but jeez...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Trust me, Ive seen it with these leagues a lot...especially with the pitching...I really dont have any more starts this week, and my offense will slow down...I still bet our score is 6-3, 5-4 or something like that by Sunday...

Of course I had Andrew Jones on the bench yesterday!!! :rant::D

nah, I think I'll keep both Mesa and Mariano for now, my hope is to win that saves category consistently. I don't need help at any other position really, I just need Griffey to start hitting and my guys to start stealing bases.