OFFICIAL!! Devils Trade for Kovalchuk

brickwall30

Well, this is weird for me. I had season tickets in Atlanta for several years before moving to this area, and I've had Devils season tickets for the last two seasons.

I'm thrilled to see Kovy play more in person. He'll have us literally on the edge of our seats (in both good and bad ways), and will help put more butts in those seats.

At the same time, the Thrasher fan in me is really sad. There was always potential for that franchise to have success. When I had season tickets the average attendance was much better, and then the Heatley car crash happened and it's been all downhill from there. The bad ownership situation and years of mismanagement haven't helped. I still haven't figured out what to do with my Hossa t-shirt jersey, but I've got the Kovy jersey ready for tomorrow, which will be strange.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lou confirmed (per TG) that Kovalchuk and Salmela will be in the lineup tomorrow...I wish i wasn't broke so I could buy tickets :(

Cannot wait! Finally to see a great player and sniper wear that #17 on the ice for the Devils. The PP just got a whole lot better and the Devils offense by just getting Kovalchuk.

Lou got his player and this time no team took him away from the Devils. Just felt all along he was coming to the Devils. I was one of the believers here.

A complete shark by Lou...no way around it.

I ask those who trash Lou: Why? Look at the body of work, it is incomparable. Sure, he makes some errors, but EVERY GM does, especially ones that have been around awhile.

Atlanta IMO should have never been formed, and should be disbanded. Nice work Gary. Enjoy the 6000 in attendance every night in Atlanta.

Atlanta IMO should have never been formed, and should be disbanded. Nice work Gary. Enjoy the 6000 in attendance every night in Atlanta.

I think you are selling Atlanta short as a market. When the team was competitive they drew pretty well. However, season after season of mediocrity will kill attendance. Atlanta is suffering from losing fatigue. That has as much to do with Waddell as anyone else. Even after this trade I don't see a path to success for the team.

What a beautiful pick-up. I've been following this team since '82, and can only

compare this to the Gilmour or Mogilny aquistions, and they were at the end

of their respective careers. Kovalchuk is in his prime, and he's only 26yrs old.

Kovy gives the Devs two solid lines of scoring. My phone hasn't stop ringing with

my buddies over in the city, who are just green with envy right now. They can't believe

what we gave up, or lack there of to get him. If your looking at the long

term, and the Devs can't resign him, you basically just gave a potential future

20 to 25 goal scorer in Bergfors, a defensmen who had two more season points than

Marty Brodeur, and a prospect with anger-management issues. The biggest loss

would be the Devils draft pick in the first round. And Salmela gets another chance

on the Devs blue line too!

WELCOME TO NEW JERSEY ILYA !!!! :yay::yea::yay:

:gd:

Our 1st and 2nd lines would be completely destructive if Lemaire moves Elias to center, so destructive it wouldnt even be fair:

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner (we all know the chemistry between those 3)

Kovalchuk-Elias-Rolston (Rolly and Patty have chemistry, Kovy is just another target to pass to for Patty)

I would piss my pants in disbelief....

Would rather see ZZPops as Line 1 and then Kovy-Zubrus-Elias as 1A....