Who do you think the Devils will draft?

Jerzey

Devils 2013 draft selection  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think the Devils will select?

• Sean Monahan
    • Elias Lindholm
    • Nikita Zaradov
    • Hunter Shinkaruk
    • Bo Horvat
    • Curtis Lazar
    • Valeri Nichushkin
    • Darnell Nurse

Well after watching the first video i can say i hope we dont get Zaradov, talk about getting your teeth knocked in, jesus christ.

And id like to change my vote from Lindholm to Shinkaruk strictly based on his goal celebrations every goal. I love that

I need a Parise replacement for my jersey so HS would work well

Well after watching the first video i can say i hope we dont get Zaradov, talk about getting your teeth knocked in, jesus christ.

And id like to change my vote from Lindholm to Shinkaruk strictly based on his goal celebrations every goal. I love that

I'd pass on Zaradov because he's a d man which I just realized right now. I must have misread about him and I thought he was a defensive minded forward.

anyone we draft i want someone who can fill the net with special skills... enough of "good devils kind of player" who's just good on both sides and put average points... thats all we have... "typical devils kind of players" who just make the pucks go around the boards and to the point leading to absolutely nothing

A lot of Edmonton fans on HF seem to believe they will take a center and not a d man because they are thin down the middle.

Wut. Are a #1 overall pick and a ppg player in Gagner not enough? When they have the worst defensemen in the league? Wut. 

• Like 1

Wut. Are a #1 overall pick and a ppg player in Gagner not enough? When they have the worst defensemen in the league? Wut. 

On HF, from what I've seen, most Oilers fans don't feel any Devils defenseman could play anything more than 6th defenseman for them, so in their opinion the defenseman are fine.

I've added Nichuskin and Nurse to the poll and OP.

Valeri Nichuskin:

http://youtu.be/XZ1ruVJ7DK8

Darnell Nurse:

http://youtu.be/rnrGOYlGTIc

Nichuskin couldnt remind me of kovi anymore, so quick and great hands, would be a steal to get him at 9.

Nurse seems to have a good shot from the point, hes a big guy, and he can hit and fight. Take that stupid visor off though if you're gunna fight. I hate that

I've described Matteau if he shows himself able to play top line minutes and a reasonably consistent scoring touch. I don't consider it wise to pin all the hopes for a power forward on Matteau.

But you guys are right. I said we didn't have that kind of prospect in the system and I forgot Matteau. I'd still want Monahan though.

Nichuskin seems like the overall best player that could realistically fall as far down as 9th. Lindholm, Monahan, Shinkaruk all seem like excellent additions as well. Whatever happens, it seems like there's a very good chance of getting a great player this year. Encouraging to read up on the prospects. :)

EDIT: Why are you guys all so keen on Shinkaruk specifically? Monahan and Lindholm are both described as potensial ppg players.. Nichuskin is 6'4" 200+lbs ... Shinkaruk 5'11".. :o  Unless Shinkaruk has St. Luis level of talent it's pretty hard to dominate the NHL with that size.

Edited by njdevsftw

On HF, from what I've seen, most Oilers fans don't feel any Devils defenseman could play anything more than 6th defenseman for them, so in their opinion the defenseman are fine.

lololol they're funny. Anytime you can run out Corey Potter and the corpse of Ryan Whitney on a regular basis, you've gotta be happy with that :P I think Ladislav Smid's good and then after that it's a sh!tshow

I'm waiting till I get Hockey Prospect's Black Book (by far the best draft publication imo) and Future Consideration's Draft Guide before I form any final opinions on the prospects. At this moment I think they'll have a shot at getting a solid forward like Monahan, Lindholm, or Shinkaruk - with my bet on Shinkaruk being the one available. I'm not interested in them taking a defenseman because of the depth they already have there. I'm a huge Lazar fan but would only take him if it meant trading back in the 1st round and also acquiring a high 2nd in the process. Nichushkin is intriguing but I'm remaining neutral on him until I read mutliple game reports on him from the scouts at HP and FC. That will make or break my opinion on him.

Thoughts on the Devils using their pick in the last round on Marty's son?

I'd rather spend the 6th rounder on a real prospect. He's not going to get drafted this year or next year as an overager. Hopefully for him he can end up playing at a D1 school and then maybe the Devils keep up with the whole signing family to minor league deals - but I'd imagine he would be an ECHL'er at best.

Out of all of Brodeur's kids, Jeremy seems like the only one who will have a real shot. I'd love to see him play in the OHL.

I'm hoping Conte goes for someone that is a sharpshooter, and opposed to just a good two way player. I don't want to have a team of Travis Zajac's. Someone a lil more "Kessel" like. Wouldn't hurt if he was a lil arrogant too. Not sure of top ten prospects who fits that description.

I'd like to see a Jeff Skinner type. (speed-goods hand around the net.)However, if If Darnell Nurse is still around, he'd be great pick up too.

I'm hoping Conte goes for someone that is a sharpshooter, and opposed to just a good two way player. I don't want to have a team of Travis Zajac's. Someone a lil more "Kessel" like. Wouldn't hurt if he was a lil arrogant too. Not sure of top ten prospects who fits that description.

I'd like to see a Jeff Skinner type. (speed-goods hand around the net.)However, if If Darnell Nurse is still around, he'd be great pick up too.

if you want a Skinner type it's Shinkaruk you want

Thoughts on the Devils using their pick in the last round on Marty's son?

Not unless Marty's son can legitimately play in the NHL one day, which by all accounts that I've heard he can't. So... No. Edited by MadDog2020

I'm waiting till I get Hockey Prospect's Black Book (by far the best draft publication imo) and Future Consideration's Draft Guide before I form any final opinions on the prospects. At this moment I think they'll have a shot at getting a solid forward like Monahan, Lindholm, or Shinkaruk - with my bet on Shinkaruk being the one available. I'm not interested in them taking a defenseman because of the depth they already have there. I'm a huge Lazar fan but would only take him if it meant trading back in the 1st round and also acquiring a high 2nd in the process. Nichushkin is intriguing but I'm remaining neutral on him until I read mutliple game reports on him from the scouts at HP and FC. That will make or break my opinion on him.

He was real good during the Super Series earlier in the year and his shots/game numbers are pretty impressive given his KHL ice time (the KHL, unlike silly leagues like the OHL and WHL, actually publish shot data).