Devils Den Gets A Facelift

Colin226

I have a stupid question. Usually I just go in the store from outside but if I go in from the garage bridge can I get there from inside? And if so can I get back up since my ticket will already have been scanned? I vaguely remember a while back I went down there during intermission and it was kind of difficult to get back because of the ticket issue. Like someone stopped me but I did get back up.

I have a stupid question. Usually I just go in the store from outside but if I go in from the garage bridge can I get there from inside? And if so can I get back up since my ticket will already have been scanned? I vaguely remember a while back I went down there during intermission and it was kind of difficult to get back because of the ticket issue. Like someone stopped me but I did get back up.

You can definitely go down to the store once inside. I'm pretty sure they stamp your hand so you can go out of the arena area to the box office/store area. When coming back in you'll get searched again and show your stamp. At least that's what I remember. I usually go to the store the first game I attend during the season, then every other time I pretty much avoid going out and in again. I will more then likely avoid it all together tonight since it's opening night and the store is brand new. Place will be packed and it's gonna be a pain to go out an in with all the people.

You can definitely go down to the store once inside. I'm pretty sure they stamp your hand so you can go out of the arena area to the box office/store area. When coming back in you'll get searched again and show your stamp. At least that's what I remember. I usually go to the store the first game I attend during the season, then every other time I pretty much avoid going out and in again. I will more then likely avoid it all together tonight since it's opening night and the store is brand new. Place will be packed and it's gonna be a pain to go out an in with all the people.

Thanks. That makes sense. Good point about avoiding it tonight but I know I'll end up in there.

Your best bet is to try it early before the game starts while you have time to look around. Then you don't have to worry about getting a hand stamp or missing any action.

That's what I always do but I was trying to avoid walking out in the bitter cold. Haha. It's fine I'll just walk in the cold to avoid the in and out business.

You have to go to a security guard and get him to sign your ticket and/or stamp it. And then make sure you go back to the same guy when you're coming back in so there's no confusion. If you're going through the box office from the PNC Tower, there's always a security guard sitting at the desk right by the door. It also wouldn't hurt to tell the usher who is at the door to scan tickets.

To me, just scanning NHL.com it seems like Reebok (who makes a good chunk of merchandise these days) just do not make much in Devils stuff as much as the more "marketable" teams.

Plus the fact that the old team store only offered heat-pressed lettering in the incorrect font really grinded my gears, but that is just me. You can still find more stuff at the Devils Den than any Modell's, Dicks or any other sporting goods store in the area.

To me, just scanning NHL.com it seems like Reebok (who makes a good chunk of merchandise these days) just do not make much in Devils stuff as much as the more "marketable" teams.

Plus the fact that the old team store only offered heat-pressed lettering in the incorrect font really grinded my gears, but that is just me. You can still find more stuff at the Devils Den than any Modell's, Dicks or any other sporting goods store in the area.

their jerseys really are terrible which is such a shame. i got a sweater once there (my ex got it for me as a "surprise") but they had run out of the number one so my options were SEVERELY limited. i somehow ended up with a jason arnott jersey and the quality was absolutely terrible. for the $$ that was thrown down it was a real disappointment. of course, the fact that arnott wasn't the best choice factored in as well and now the sweater just collects dust in my closet. oops.

anyway, the store more or less looks the same to me from those pictures. i guess they put jerseys at the checkout? it's always been a difficult area to maneuver and the prices are atrocious so it's really not worth it. i always liked the inflatable rangers sock'em character that you could beat the sh!t out of though. nice touch.

All team stores are priced at the high point of MSRP. It's a terrible place to buy merch unless there's a deal going on. The Den is more geared towards the out-of-town fan who gets to one game a season.

You're much better off trying a place like FansEdge for merch. They also have a lot of stuff that you can't get in the Den. Their prices are pretty par for the course, but they do a lot of deals throughout the year. A few years ago there was a place called Hockeyattire.com that put a boatload of stuff on clearance and I went insane. I spent $80 and literally got like 5 t-shirts, a couple of hoodies, and a few hats. They are still around, but they havent had sh!t in a while now.

Its an absolute shame there are not more local merchants that sell Devils merchandise. The Modells' in Hudson County are awful as is the Sports Authority in Secaucus.

Whenever I get a chance, I also like to check out The Stadium Shop, nearby in Gateway One Plaza. They usually carry some interesting and unique Devils stuff. And their player T's are priced cheaper than at the Devils Den.

http://www.stadiumshop.net/

Plus, I'm sure they could use the business, thanks to the lockout.

Got a red Clarkson devils player tee from there last year. $20. Not sure it was authentic Reebok gear but it looked pretty close. Only saying that because the numbers and letters faded faster than the Kovalchuk one I got from Modells. But all in all I'd buy another there esp since they seem to have more player options for cheaper.

Got a red Clarkson devils player tee from there last year. $20. Not sure it was authentic Reebok gear but it looked pretty close. Only saying that because the numbers and letters faded faster than the Kovalchuk one I got from Modells. But all in all I'd buy another there esp since they seem to have more player options for cheaper.

I've gotten a couple of things from there, especially for my sons. Prices and service is great.

^i do enjoy their raffles lol.

there's really not much good around me. i miss always getting to browse around sports express in the livingston mall. the modells by me is lucky to have two devils hat and they still have a stockpile of parise jerseys not yet on markdown. i did score a playoff devils/rangers advert poster though this summer which was pretty decent.

Stadium shop is a good place and I've only won once In their raffles and got a devils tissue box. Their stuff is usually legit and they send out their jerseys to be stitched so its usually higher quality stuff than devils den even if their stitcher still doesn't use quite the correct font.

I passed by the stadium shop a couple times during the offseason and lockout and they were surviving by selling women's clothing for the most part. Mostly dresses and stuff like that.