Kovalpuke

TomsRiverDevil

I dont think it was his plan all along, must have been in the back of his mind but i really think he wanted to stay in NJ, why would he ask Sutter to sign in NJ if he wanted to leave?

He said himself in an interview 2 years before that if a free agent gets to 1 month or wtv before free agency, why not wait to see whats out there? And well we gave him exactly that opportunity.

i feel like we shouldve really made an exception for him though and he should have been locked up well before his contract was up.. but oh well its all in the past now no sense in crying about it

sundstrom claimed there was such an offer and Parise's reps turned it down.  The Devils probably didn't have the money at that point to make a 'real' offer and the agents knew that.  Just because Lou has a policy doesn't mean he won't make exceptions (the way he did with Marty).

hopefully from here on out now that we have owners that arent broke we will have a little more money to throw around .. in the back of most of their heads that had to have been a little bit of a concern the financial situation of the team

Kovy leaving IMO was a huge mix a many many many things. Could be all small things that kept on adding up but i think thats what it is.

- The lockout is the main reason, he pretty much said fvck You NHL. Few top russians had a pact of staying in russia for good if the lockout would have continued a few more weeks.

- I could be wrong but him not getting the C in NJ might have stung him a little.

- Playing in a very strict system where some of his offensive abilities we're restrained. (personally i think he was perfectly fine with it AS LONG we we're successful and winning, some kind of creative/freedom sacrifice for success. We know Russians like to do their dekes and carrying the puck all the time). Dumb reason or not, that kind of player like to do "his things". I still think he was a great teammates though.

- Getting more money in Russia

- Seeing what it was to play in Russia during the lockout and being THE face of the league, he was not even invited to the all stars games anymore in the NHL. He was a GOD in russia. Playing in front of his family and all

- Maybe the timing of the Sochi games and him making a statement that his country was the most important thing to him (he'll be captain of the team there's no way around it)

- fvck him

Bottom line i think he mostly said. fvck you NHL and not fvck You NJ.

I guess i'll specify that all those small reasons may be a very small % or not be a reason at all, its all speculations. Don't jump on me for a specific one as if im saying thats the one and only reason.

out of all of this there is really only one thing that holds any importance and you devoted one sentence to it. He's getting paid more.

Combine that with the fact that he's getting paid more to be HOME as opposed to halfway across the world and I don't blame him for leaving.

Chico makes it seem like getting Suter to go to Minny strongly factored into Parise leaving N.J.

And even though they had some success together, I always thought that Kovy and Zach just didn't mesh well -- either personally or professionally. They seemed to me like oil and water.

I have nothing substantial to base that on. It's just what I always thought.

Chico makes it seem like getting Suter to go to Minny strongly factored into Parise leaving N.J.

And even though they had some success together, I always thought that Kovy and Zach just didn't mesh well -- either personally or professionally. They seemed to me like oil and water.

I have nothing substantial to base that on. It's just what I always thought.

Kovy had his only real success in NJ with Parise.  Or at least his only success that wasn't low-pressure low-expectation games in the second half of 2011.