2012-2013 NHL Playoffs

MDPucks

Get the clubs ready Zach. Tee time tomorrow at noon.

Gotta love that 1G 0A 1PTS -7 stat line he put up, epic playoff performer!

Par for the course for ol' Zach in the postseason. Speaking of the course, I heard Parise and Suter are putting big bucks on tomorrow's round, $5,000 per hole.

Parise's last eleven playoff games overall...two goals and a -12 lol.

One of those goals was an empty-netter too. EDIT: Never mind, that's not true. But one of those goals was basically given to him by Quick's stupidity. Edited by MadDog2020

I said it before and I'll say it again:  Zach loses his edge in the playoffs.

He gives 110% every night, I'll give him that credit.  And it shows, in the regular season, when other guys might be more tempted to kinda mail it in and do just what is necessary to win.  When everyone else on the ice is in playoff mode, he fades right into the backdrop. 

One of those goals was an empty-netter too.

In a manner of speaking, it was on the foul-up from Quick behind the net. I'm surprised Quick was actually a millisecond away from stopping it, he got so far out of the net.

Yeah it dawned on me as soon as I posted lol. Hence the correction above. Edited by MadDog2020

Haha wow, I love the NHL 13 additions in that .gif

But in seriousness, he could have prevented that goal.  Or at least tried.  Yikes.

He definitely could and should have.  2 strides and he probably could have poke checked the puck away from Stepan.   When I first saw this I figured it had to be fake.  Didn't notice it during the game.  Someone with some really good video editing skills just got Ovi into the shot.  Looked at the replay and couldn't believe it was dead-on.  Watch the real highlight and it is even worse.  You see 4 caps scrambling, where the hell is he?  Hoping he plays like this tonight.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=246993〈=en

So, MAF apparently is really bad.

If he was any good, this Penguin team would be in the discussion with the late 70s Habs, 80s Isles and 80s Oilers.

Yay, Zach is out this year.  Only 11 more seasons to hate the Wild!    

As others wrote, ZP really stands ot during the regular season & so far in his career, that difference seems to fade during the playoffs as other players up their game.  The Wild still have a few years to build around Parise/Suter, but hopefully they won't find the right recipe to win it all.

Next, I'm hoping for the Caps to end the Rags season on Sunday...

As others wrote, ZP really stands ot during the regular season & so far in his career, that difference seems to fade during the playoffs as other players up their game.  The Wild still have a few years to build around Parise/Suter, but hopefully they won't find the right recipe to win it all.

They don't even have enough money to sign most of their UFAs this offseason, much less be able to address any potentially long-lasting issues they might have in goaltending/injuries (there's a huge hole in the G position on the Wild's roster this week). We already thought their cap situation would be a bit tenuous after Parise/Suter contracts, but then they went ahead and got Pominville. Short of tanking next season and trading away for some big first round picks, I don't know how they can get a good young (cheap/not overpaid) core around Parise/Suter anytime soon, at least until Parise/Suter are like 33 or 34.

And no I'm not trying to be doom/gloom for the sake of sh!tting on Parise. I just think Wild's management bet the house and car on stringing a long Cup run this and next season and they had a better chance of it working this season than next season.

Edited by DJ Eco

Wild are safe in terms of salary cap, if they buy out Heatley/Pominville, that puts them at 43 million (15 players) giving them 21 million to sign 8 players. Assuming Backstrom comes back at 6 mill, they now have 15 million to sign 7 players. We should do a post of amnesty buyouts that will take place this summer resulting in many more Free Agents from top teams. Some of the team that will have to turn to amnesty buyouts look like:

Flyers, Canucks, Hawks, Canadiens, Lightning.

Some teams that may have to resort to amnesty to retain top players: Bruins, Canes, Pens, maybe Wings and Rangers.

The other teams may let go of their dead weight: Devils (Salvador and Volchenkov ... so hoping for these two to go). Time for a new crop of D that can skate fast.

the wild are fine. they will buy out heatley. they will not buy out pommenville. you don't give up what they did for him for a one year rental.

after dumping heatley, they'll have $16MM. plenty to resign their good young RFAs and get granlund in the lineup. backstrom is not making $6M again and it wouldn't surprise me if the wild look elsewhere for someone to pair with harding.

That is BS.   Zach put the team on his back, espeically in the Ranger series, last year.    He was tied for the led in goals scored and had about 60 hits in a strong two way game.     Minnesota, similar to the Devils this year, just doesn't have the depth on offense.   You only have to defend against the Parise line against when you play the Wild.   It's all about depth, when Chicago can still beat you when Toews has no points, that shows Chicago's depth.