Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

Boyes has fallen off, but he had a good season in NYI.

So good, that they have zero interest in bringing him back.

Boyes had 35 points in 48 games and had a shooting % of 10.3. How is that terrible?

He played with Tavares.  When he was relegated to one of the lower lines, he was absolutely useless.

per Real_ESPNLebrun

Hearing that Claude Giroux and the Flyers are close to agreeing to an 8-yr deal worth north of $8 M a year...

well that will strap them alright

That deal probably won't kick in until next year, when the cap will be higher. So not really.

per Real_ESPNLebrun

Hearing that Claude Giroux and the Flyers are close to agreeing to an 8-yr deal worth north of $8 M a year...

well that will strap them alright

He didn't look like no elite player last season. Jagr made him what he was two seasons ago. Id take Claude but he over hyped

I think he could be successful on a line with Zubrus and Elias. I don't see any other practical and realistic UFAs out there

Maybe. 

But is the point to be just throwing names against a wall?  What's the point.  A player has to fit and provide something.  Boyes has been passed around a bit now the last few years.  Huge red flag to me.  We need quality and productivity of forwards, not quantity of forwards.

And you can bet Boyes is going to try and turn his year with Tavares into a higher payday than he'd probably normally see or deserve.

Edited by coldply123

He didn't look like no elite player last season. Jagr made him what he was two seasons ago. Id take Claude but he over hyped

i wouldnt say jagr made him that at all.  Giroux is really fvcking good. Just have to watch him play and you know

Maybe. 

But is the point to be just throwing names against a wall?  What's the point.  A player has to fit and provide something.  Boyes has been passed around a bit now the last few years.  Huge red flag to me.  We need quality and productivity of forwards, not quantity of forwards.

And you can bet Boyes is going to try and turn his year with Tavares into a higher payday than he'd probably normally see or deserve.

Boyes isn't a name I threw out there. I based that on affordability and ability to produce. Granted, Boyes played with Tavares, but he played on an anemic Buffalo squad and he put up solid numbers on a STL team that wasn't exactly playoff bound.

Claude Giroux will sign an 8 year extension worth 66.4 Million 8.3 AAV per Dreger 

"@Real_ESPNLeBrun. Just ironing out a few wrinkles and it will be announced within a day or 2. Sources suggest closer to $8.3 per." https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/with_replies

Also apparently we are running third in the Briere sweeps per Eric Engles "No decision from Briere likely to come before tonight. #habs #devils #preds. Seems #habs and #preds are more likely destinations than NJ." https://twitter.com/EricEngels

fvck! why cant we get in there for Seguin!

bc we have nothing close to Eriksson to offer? 

I'd just keep Seguin if I was Boston. Trading a 20 year old bc they party too much is the definition of a lack of foresight. At least they're not gonna trade him for a first round pick which would've been the height of stupidity and if this goes through they're getting a really good player back even t hough he's 7 years older and Seguin's best season's almost as good as Eriksson's already 

Edited by DH26

Claude Giroux will sign an 8 year extension worth 66.4 Million 8.3 AAV per Dreger 

"@Real_ESPNLeBrun. Just ironing out a few wrinkles and it will be announced within a day or 2. Sources suggest closer to $8.3 per." https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/with_replies

Also apparently we are running third in the Briere sweeps per Eric Engles "No decision from Briere likely to come before tonight. #habs #devils #preds. Seems #habs and #preds are more likely destinations than NJ." https://twitter.com/EricEngels

I thought he wanted to stay in the area? There goes that reason.

Since Henrique is a RFA I asked TG about his status and if there has been any progress.

@TGfireandice What is the status on Adam Henrique? Has there been any talks on a new contract for him?
3m

He sent me the following answer as a direct message via Twitter:

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
some. Started earlier this week.

Edited by TheMazz