Discuss - Most Likely Trade Deadline Targets

Sharifijanov2099

Not to turn this into the "Behind the Annoyance:  the Life and Times of SatansDevils" thread, but whatever happened to him?  Did he make a big dramatic exit or did he just kind of fade away? 

Yeah dude, I think it was the whole OOT Scoreboard thread being robotic posts of himself updating the scores to himself. I think the tipping point was he made an OOT scoreboard on a day where there were no games or something like that. Inside was something like (There are no games to be played today). When it became an OOT discussion thread, all hell broke loose. 

Sorry to send this off on a tangent but it's funny now to look back on some of that stuff lol

When did this happened? I dont remember that at all and ive been here for a few years

Most of this was around 2010, maybe into 2011. It was some wacky stuff.

yeah, that's what i think showed him as a few items short of an entire set of items.  I think it was the Calder though I can't remember.

Wow I'd forgotten that whole thing... He was sending PM's and then denying it when people mentioned it in the voting threads.

Most of this was around 2010, maybe into 2011. It was some wacky stuff.

Wow I'd forgotten that whole thing... He was sending PM's and then denying it when people mentioned it in the voting threads.

Yep, remember the active campaigning, which was indeed wacky, odd, and a bit scary to boot.   

Tri def wins the 2014 award for calling someone a complete loon in the most delicate and diplomatic way possible. 

DevilinLA (who lurks but never posts anymore, which is too bad, hope he starts up again sometime) used to do a Devils trivia contest, which was kind of fun...I had the lead for a while, until BCdevil blew past me like I was standing still (think he won by at least 5-6 points, I don't remember exactly).  Anyway, most of us would answer correctly or incorrectly within an hour or so of DevilinLA posting the question.  I think DinLA used to give people a 24-hour window or so to answer, then he'd post the correct answer, and award a point to whoever answered correctly first.  SD would often post the correct answer AFTER DinLA had already posted the final answer and awarded the point.  Something about it was both weird AND annoying (which pretty much sums up SD), and though everyone involved kept asking him not to do that, he not only kept doing it, but he'd simply ignore all of the requests to knock it off...never once acknowledged them from what I remember. 

Anyway, re:  trade talk...if the Devils trade Marty, then they have to trade for a backup goalie, as they don't have one that is currently capable of making starts in the NHL, and the Devils need to have a chance to win those games (even if it's only 4 or 5 of them).  Wonder if Lou would pull the equivalent of a Terreri-for-Vanbiesbrouck type deal, though it would probably sting Marty to see that he's not worth much more than another team's backup at this point.

I look at Edmonton's defense, and it's really thin next year, not to mention it's pretty thin right now.  They've got a few young prospects in waiting, Nurse and Kleifbom, but who knows if they'll be ready next year. 

It's kind of a shame that Fayne isn't under contract for another year.  He would be the perfect trade chip for a team like that.  I could see them wanting a "defensive-defenseman" with experience and leadership qualities for next year (Salvador).  In the meantime, I think they're resigned to the fact that Hemsky won't be back next year, and I think they're done with stockpiling draft picks.  MacTavish actually said a few months ago that they'd be looking to actively shop their first round pick. 

I look at Edmonton's defense, and it's really thin next year, not to mention it's pretty thin right now.  They've got a few young prospects in waiting, Nurse and Kleifbom, but who knows if they'll be ready next year. 

It's kind of a shame that Fayne isn't under contract for another year.  He would be the perfect trade chip for a team like that.  I could see them wanting a "defensive-defenseman" with experience and leadership qualities for next year (Salvador).  In the meantime, I think they're resigned to the fact that Hemsky won't be back next year, and I think they're done with stockpiling draft picks.  MacTavish actually said a few months ago that they'd be looking to actively shop their first round pick. 

I'd somehow pray to god that they'd fall in the trap thinking that Salvador would be a perfect stopgap until the young guys are ready, defensive, aggressive, has a C on his sweater... wtv that means...

even if we'd get just a 4th round pick, do it Lou, that logjam needs to be taken care of

Who on our roster will bring us Edmonton 1st ? 

Who will do that.. and it will be ok to lose... 

I didn't mean to say that we would trade for Edmonton's number 1 pick.  It was more that they would be willing to part with draft picks in general since they don't appear to have a strategy of stockpiling picks. 

That being said, given how deep the Devils are so far as young defensive talent and the log jam, I could conceive of a situation where the Devils would trade Larsson for Edmonton's number 1 pick, but that would depend on knowing exactly where that pick is, and if there would be a forward available at that spot that the Devils really want.  As I always say, I'm not a scout, so I can't tell you if that would be the case.  But the fact remains, the Devils have more well regarded defensive prospects than they know what to do with, and desperately need good young forwards in their system.