Does Johnny Mac get fired if we get embarrassed by the Rags tommorrow?

Daniel

101 members have voted

1. 1. JMac fired after bad loss to Rangers?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's the thing that gets lost in the scratch... do you really think Lou had nothing to do with that?

otherwise...

"I want to scratch Koval.." "YOU'RE FIRED"

he was really bad against Montreal. poor defense, mindboggling backpasses to no one, and he didn't recognize a teammate the entire game. they basically gave him the puck and it was "seeya, I'm going on a 1-4 rush".

that play where he had Elias for a drop and tried to charge through two Habs like an idiot.... wow. funny thing is the puck accidentally got dropped to Elias in that mess. :lol:

If he can't fire up the troops to play hard tomorrow night, maybe it's time to cut bait.

..after 9 games? :huh:

This poll is nearly as absurd as seeing Valentines Day decorations, the day after Christmas. There's still 74 more to go. Can we at least play out October?

It's so easy to just point to 1 person.. and say; *That's the problem. This team has lost 6 games, out of 8. I find it VERY difficult to blame that all on any "one" thing inparticular. The players should be held just as accountable as J`Mac.

Edited by Beezer34

I'd take Lemaire back, win the Atlantic Division Title.........AGAIN, and then take my chances in the play-offs. Why does everyone think that what a team does in the play-offs is indicitive of whether a coach can coach or not? Would you feel better if you lost in the Conference semi's? or the finals? How did 2001 feel to you? After the other night, are all you Yankee fans calling for Girardi's head? Play-offs are play-offs....a crapshoot.

If play-off success is the only way to judge the team/coach, etc., then why don't all of you quit bitching about this team, and JMac, and wait to see if we make the play-offs, and how we do in the play-offs? If the regular season means NOTHING, then why you do guys all bitch so much about the results thru these 8 games? Maybe JMac is setting us all up to finish 8th in the East, getting in the play-offs on the final day of the season, with a shootout win, and then taking us to the promised land.

Edited by KC Devil

I'd take lemaire back in an instant. At least he can teach defensive positioning

Yeah, give him the same team 2 years in a row - this time he'll make it work.

The coaching answer for this squad is not from within the org. - thats been the problem all along - the coach has no autonomy.

Secondly, if Larry Robinson behind the bench can help these guys with positioning what can anyone else do?

Edited by DevilinLA

Yeah, give him the same team 2 years in a row - this time he'll make it work.

The coaching answer for this squad is not from within the org. - thats been the problem all along - the coach has no autonomy.

I was hoping for a non-Devil and wasn't crazy about the hire. But how awful and humiliating for MacLean if the team doesn't pull together under his leadership.

The JMac hiring was wrong when it happened, and oddly enough the firing will be wrong when it happens BUT this team is expected to do something now with Lou and JMac easier to replace then then the players we have and cap space we don't!

VB in his wisdom to throw $20+ million more than anyone else at Kovi, needs and wants winning results to save face. Too many distractions with cap issues and injuries BUT players play and coaches win or lose and it maybe a nervously quick finger that pulls the trigger on JMac!

For this team to be successful we need a fresh outside perspective from a coach who can develop players yet commands the respect of the veterans and that VB/LOU will allow to run the team the needed way. I said it before we hired JMac, he's a good guy/coach but not what this team needs. IF by some miracle he manages to turn this around before it's to late i will be the first to write him and apologize for my lack of faith, and beg for his forgiveness. :hail:

Devils fan for life, Death to Leaf Nation :horse: ! :gd:

Edited by Devil in Leaf Nation

I don't see JMac getting canned right away.

I think Lou gives him another 10 to 15 games, perhaps till Thanksgiving time..

Definitely the west coast trip coming this week could be deciding factor in Mac's chances of staying though.

Parise, Elias, Zajac, Arnott, Kovalchuk, Zubrus <<--- can't let this talent go to waste

I don't see JMac getting canned right away.

I think Lou gives him another 10 to 15 games, perhaps till Thanksgiving time..

Definitely the west coast trip coming this week could be deciding factor in Mac's chances of staying though.

Parise, Elias, Zajac, Arnott, Kovalchuk, Zubrus <<--- can't let this talent go to waste

Bingo. If the devils are well below .500 on this road trip, I see a new couch coming in