NFL Divisional Round of the Playoffs......

CRASHER

That was an insane ending to the SEA/ATL game. Carroll is kicking himself right now, pun intended.

Carroll's been a ***** since his USC days, I'm not too sorry to see him lose.

I do think Seattle's going to be a pain next year, especially if they get another real WR (not a big Golden Tate fan). The Clemons injury obviously hurt their defense, they weren't the same this week.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree completely. Firstly, Falcons are down 3. Broncos were tied. Even if the score situation was the same, one game was being played in below freezing weather while the other is in a dome. Secondly, one QB is old coming off many surgeries. He was feeling it all game and couldn't throw the ball all game as he showed. He had no arm. He couldn't make any of the throws Ryan could. All year the Broncos ran a controlled offense. You try to pull it off and Good chance Manning throws a duck in the middle and is picked by the best ball hawker in NFL history.

No one argues with coaches more than Peyton when they try and punt or not go for it on 4th own. He was okay with it because, I don't think he believed he could go 60 yards in 30 seconds. He was aware of his limitations.

Edited by devilsrule33

Not to mention Peyton also has receivers that can make a play (cough 80-yard slant from TEBOW in last year's playoffs to Demariyus Thomas).

I find it amusing that Tebow's best career play was a fluke built on the fact he is not an NFL caliber QB. It was 13 degrees yesterday, Manning lost only blocking running back and the pocket was collapsing at a more rapid pace each snap after the Moreno injury. No excuses, but blaming yesterday on Manning, and seeing Teblow's brother celebrating the Denver loss after such a great turnaround season, makes me sick.

Carroll's been a ***** since his USC days, I'm not too sorry to see him lose.

I do think Seattle's going to be a pain next year, especially if they get another real WR (not a big Golden Tate fan). The Clemons injury obviously hurt their defense, they weren't the same this week.

fvck Pete Carroll...I watched him systematically destroy what Parcells had built, in Carroll's three seasons as the NE coach. His Patriot teams were great in September and lousy come December (though part of that was Bledsoe, who always tailed off in the second half of the season). By the time Carroll was canned, the Pats were a complete mess. Amazing that they won a Super Bowl just two years later.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

And now the Texans have done it too. Sorry, I understand that there are risks, but if you have the ball, then you have control and you should try to make that drive. If Peyton is incapable of making the throws, then he shouldn't be the QB.

It was below 0. Peyton wasn't feeling great with his surgeries . I think the Broncos will have trouble moving forward with Peyton. The offense was crafted perfectly for him to succeed with his abilities, but he couldn't make tight throws deep. He didn't even attempt one 20-yard throw all game yesterday.

Of course it is possible to be done. Either way, why even look at that play. It easily could have been the right move if Peyton didn't make that awful throw in OT.

No doubt. With no timeouts. Let them get 15 a pop at the most. They'll use enough time setting up that at worst you'll have to defend an endzone rainbow throw.

Even tackling him after he caught the ball would have killed off a ton of clock and the odds are in Denver's favor. Or take him down before the ball gets there. The safety went all or nothing in a situation where the broncos held all the cards. It bothers me and I don't even care for Denver. Just terrible football

Edited by Devils Pride 26

Here we go again Manta...

Looking forward to it...again, ColRock76.

As long as it's as competitive as last years AFC Championship game. I love the Brady/Lewis chess match.

Hopefully we throw it to Boldin this time in the last few seconds, not Evans, TJH, Stallworth or the like.

Patriots are -10 favorites over the Ravens. That seems waaaaaaay too generous. I would've guessed -5 or -6, tops.

With the exception of that 33-14 WC game thrashing, most of the recent Pat/Raven games seem to come down to the wire, with the Ravens finding a way to come up just short (with the exception of this season). I think it will come down to the end yet again, with one team leading, but the other team having the ball with a chance to win on their last possession.

With the exception of that 33-14 WC game thrashing, most of the recent Pat/Raven games seem to come down to the wire, with the Ravens finding a way to come up just short (with the exception of this season). I think it will come down to the end yet again, with one team leading, but the other team having the ball with a chance to win on their last possession.

Just hoping its us in the final minute and no one drops the ball. I am very confident in our kicking game these days.

That's obsurd. People will be betting Baltimore left and right, that line will move.

NO! I don't want the Vegas gambling influence to shift the momentum.

The Patriots are an offensive juggernaut! They dismembered Houston and beat us last year in the AFC Championship game.

They should pass and run all over our ancient mediocre defense and Belichek should be able to handle our "Pop Gun" offense. The spread should be at least 12 points

Edited by MantaRay

Just hoping its us in the final minute and no one drops the ball. I am very confident in our kicking game these days.

BB's Ds have struggling in that spot for several years now, but as we are seeing, Ds not being able to stop their opponents on final drives is becoming almost commonplace. Coaches have to start adjusting their end-game strategies on offense...it's a different NFL now, and if your team has the ball with a lead and a chance to finish the game, for the love of God, try to get some first downs! This unimaginative, play not-to-lose, 3-rushes to the line of scrimmage nonsense is really starting to bite teams in the ass. Have some confidence that your offense can get it done!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

OMG, Love all the pundits already annointing New England the AFC Champions. ESPN in particular see's no need to even play on Sunday, as they will just blow the Ravens out. LOVE IT.

I don't get that. This has close game written all over it.

Manta, links? I looked on ESPN and I didn't see any of what you described.

CR76, I know the Pats have let you down many times, so you try and stay humble as a fan. I like that..., but this doesn't have close game written all over it. I would love for this to be as close as possible, but I don't see it right now. The Ravens have one pass rusher right now in Kruger. NE's protection has been as good as ever it seems. The Ravens have a banged up Suggs, and way passed their primes Reed and Lewis. I just don't see how Baltimore will get their stops. Add in NE rushing the ball as good as it has in how many years?

Defensively, NE has made a lot of strides. It isn't perfect, but I am not seeing them let Smith get behind their defense like he did early in the year and last week. Their run defense looks really solid too.

For this game to be close, I think Baltimore needs a few big special teams plays, and benefit from some lucky bounce or muff punt or something.

Again, I hope for a really good game, but how is Balt getting enough stops? And I don't have so much faith in Jim Caldwell putting together the perfect game plan for Flacco to go score for score with Brady.