Tickets to Draft - Newark, NJ

lucifer91

We should get a whole group of us to go together.  Go out to the bar before and after, would be fun.

The only thing that might make that difficult is that the draft is all on one day this year, right? I imagine they'll have to start fairly early and then people will all be leaving at different times according to their level of boredom, lol.

The only thing that might make that difficult is that the draft is all on one day this year, right? I imagine they'll have to start fairly early and then people will all be leaving at different times according to their level of boredom, lol.

It starts at 3PM on a Sunday and yes, all seven rounds are on one day, though our draft ends in the early 6th round anyway.

It starts at 3PM on a Sunday and yes, all seven rounds are on one day, though our draft ends in the early 6th round anyway.

I don't plan on staying for the 4th round really.  Probably just go to the bar across the street after the 3rd.

IF you don't win, how much will a ticket cost?  

That information hasn't been released yet.

Tickets to the NBA Draft at The Rock were $15 (200s) $20 (100s) $30 (lowers), so Id expect around that.

Some of you should temper expectations. Its a BORING event unless you have a big group of people that know the game to talk to. Its sitting around watching businessmen on the floor fiddle about and every 10 minutes a kid will put on a jersey and smile. You go to a draft once, you don't need to go again. Its one of those, "oh yea Ive been to a draft" type of things.

Edited by ghdi

Tickets to the NBA Draft at The Rock were $15 (200s) $20 (100s) $30 (lowers), so Id expect around that.

Some of you should temper expectations. Its a BORING event unless you have a big group of people that know the game to talk to. Its sitting around watching businessmen on the floor fiddle about and every 10 minutes a kid will put on a jersey and smile. You go to a draft once, you don't need to go again. Its one of those, "oh yea Ive been to a draft" type of things.

Wow.  $30 to go to a draft?  F that. I would have thought maybe $15-20 and general admission.  I wouldn't think there would be more than 5,000 people there.  Maybe I'm way off.

Wow.  $30 to go to a draft?  F that. I would have thought maybe $15-20 and general admission.  I wouldn't think there would be more than 5,000 people there.  Maybe I'm way off.

That was the NBA price, but yep if people will pay it, they're gonna charge it. With it being on a Sun afternoon, I expect more people to go.

The draft parties were fun with equipment sales, signings, kids activities, etc...    with very few sitting in the chairs watching the actual draft.  The last one I went to was in 06 when Corrente was drafted.

I would hope they would do something similar in the concourse figuring we're the hosts.

The draft parties were fun with equipment sales, signings, kids activities, etc...    with very few sitting in the chairs watching the actual draft.  The last one I went to was in 06 when Corrente was drafted.

I would hope they would do something similar in the concourse figuring we're the hosts.

Draft parties are different. The actual draft is very much a corporate atmosphere at least from my experience. I imagine they'll have stuff going on, but I expect complaining to be at a high the day after about how little they had going on.

Draft parties are different. The actual draft is very much a corporate atmosphere at least from my experience. I imagine they'll have stuff going on, but I expect complaining to be at a high the day after about how little they had going on.

Thats why I want a bunch of people from here to go,  I really haven't met anyone here except for one, so it would be cool.

Signings, games on the concourse and giveaways sound pretty good to me.  I'd plop down $20 for the experience of something like that along with the draft.  I can't see myself watching more than 5-10 picks.  To see the first few and the Devils #9 would be just fine with me.  And I could wander around the Rock the rest of the time.

I don't plan on staying for the 4th round really. Probably just go to the bar across the street after the 3rd.

That information hasn't been released yet.

Well really the best time to leave is after one of our picks - we should pick around 6:30 in the 2nd round. Either that or stick it out for a while longer for our 4th/6th rounder. Not sure how fast the back rounds go, probably pdq.

I doubt I'd make it past rd 2 if we don't trade for a 3rd pick. I have a feeling this won't be terribly exciting, but I want an excuse to eat at Dino BBQ. I'd be beyond happy if they rolled the equipment sale into this. I haven't been able to make it the past few years due to varying reasons, then they didn't even have it last year.

Went to the NHL Draft at the ol' Igloo in Pittsburgh back in '97 (??? - whenever the Devils drafted J.F. Damphousse).  It was a pretty big snooze-fest, and we were bored before the first round was even over with.

On the plus side, they had a big display of NHL trophies there, including the Stanley Cup, and you could get your pictures taken with them.

If you're into autographs, it's pretty easy to get them from the newly-drafted players (most of whom I found just roaming around on the concourse after they were selected).

Also, you stand a good chance of running into coaches/assistant coaches/GMs/etc) up on the concourse.  I got Jacques Lemaire's autograph that day...nice little score for me.

Edited by NJCroMag

I think it'll be a fun event.. Devils will definitely have a Fan Fest outside, and I'm expecting some entertainment inside to liven it up.. Maybe games and stuff to look at on the concourses

Even if it's boring, this is our one draft and I know I'd be doing everything possible to get there.. Also for people looking to still get tickets, remember that 10k STH have been promised tix, the NHL reserves a lot of seating, and there won't be seating behind the stage.. I'm sure you will find tix if you want, but I wouldn't take the search too lightly

I went to the one that we got "Teddy' was so hoping for Carlson (Jersey boy" who actually liked the

Devils. It was fun, but of course only first round. lots of games/stuff on floor. Inadequate food service (long lines) We had about 5K there. Lou acknowledged us in attendance.

Will 2013 season ticket holders be receiving tickets? Or is it only for those who renewed for the 2013-14 season?

It was one of the options that you can select as a 2013 reward.  If you don't remember if you picked it or just really want to go, call your ticket rep and he can probably set it up.

It was one of the options that you can select as a 2013 reward.  If you don't remember if you picked it or just really want to go, call your ticket rep and he can probably set it up.

Every sth got a pair of draft tickets or at least people who were sth's going into this season (not sure if that applies to new sth's), had nothing to do with the rewards program.  It was in that 'sth bonuses' e-mail before the season which also included a brick, among other things.

Every sth got a pair of draft tickets or at least people who were sth's going into this season (not sure if that applies to new sth's), had nothing to do with the rewards program.  It was in that 'sth bonuses' e-mail before the season which also included a brick, among other things.

Ok, thanks, I forgot that's how we got it.  I just knew I had tickets coming. :lol:  Either way, they should just call their rep if they're wondering what's up.

I got an email today using draft tickets as an incentive to pick up new season tickets next season, so that may have been what prompted the question.