Suites @ The Rock

DaneykoIsGod

For her birthday present, my girlfriend's brother bought her Suite tickets to a Devils game. Apparently there were actually some available on StubHub for $115.

Has anyone ever sat in one? What was the experience like? What are the odds that a Suite with seats available on StubHub also has inclusive food and drinks (low odds, I know, but it can't hurt to ask)? Any tips or pointers for someone sitting in a Suite? Anyone know what Suites Lou & Co. are usually in, in case I might actually be somewhat nearby?

We're both pretty psyched about this. I've sat in suites before, but never for the Devils. My brief journalism career got me a night in the company suites at the Lakewood BlueClaws (where we actually watched a Devils playoff game on the TV instead of the baseball game, haha) and Philadelphia Phillies. But a Devils game? This is gonna be awesome.

Any info/tips would be greatly appreciated.

I've sat in suites for the Devils game a couple of times courtesy of the Devils so both times food was included and one time alcohol was included. I doubt your tickets include food and drinks since it can be expensive. You can either order food and drinks from the menus provided or can walk to the goal bar and eat / drink there.

It is good to watch the game from a suite although you do miss out on some of the fan experience unless you have a full / energetic suite. Lou and the Devils are generally in the corner in suite 121 / 122. Hope this helps.

For her birthday present, my girlfriend's brother bought her Suite tickets to a Devils game. Apparently there were actually some available on StubHub for $115.

Has anyone ever sat in one? What was the experience like? What are the odds that a Suite with seats available on StubHub also has inclusive food and drinks (low odds, I know, but it can't hurt to ask)? Any tips or pointers for someone sitting in a Suite? Anyone know what Suites Lou & Co. are usually in, in case I might actually be somewhat nearby?

We're both pretty psyched about this. I've sat in suites before, but never for the Devils. My brief journalism career got me a night in the company suites at the Lakewood BlueClaws (where we actually watched a Devils playoff game on the TV instead of the baseball game, haha) and Philadelphia Phillies. But a Devils game? This is gonna be awesome.

Any info/tips would be greatly appreciated.

I've was lucky enough to get to sit in one during the 1st season, and it was sweet. I think it's up to the box owner whether or not food is provided? I would agree with rpaq that chances are that food won't be provided. I don't really know what else can be offered in regards to tips, but if you want to get an idea of the view, I took some pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/81148513@N00/sets/72157604260852858/

Enjoy!

Edited by ClarkyDano23

For her birthday present, my girlfriend's brother bought her Suite tickets to a Devils game.

What game, what suite? What the others are saying sounds right about LL and Co. but I've also seen players & Dano in the area above the other side of the Fire Lounge nearer to the Goal Bar for his intermission report he can just skirt over to it. I go up to the Goal Bar whenever I have the club tickets to shake his hand. Mr Devil RULES!! and he is ALWAYS accommodating and kind. I'm taking my brother to meet him on Turkey Eve!

post-909-0-26311300-1321430077_thumb.jpg

What game, what suite? What the others are saying sounds right about LL and Co. but I've also seen players & Dano in the area above the other side of the Fire Lounge nearer to the Goal Bar for his intermission report he can just skirt over to it. I go up to the Goal Bar whenever I have the club tickets to shake his hand. Mr Devil RULES!! and he is ALWAYS accommodating and kind. I'm taking my brother to meet him on Turkey Eve!

post-909-0-26311300-1321430077_thumb.jpg

We're in Suite 220 for the 11/26 game vs the Fishdicks. Can't wait!

And thanks rpaq, CD and DP! Kinda figured it was a long shot with the all-inclusiveness, but that's so not a big deal. Usually we get to our seats shortly before faceoff, but this time we're gonna have to get in as soon as the doors open and soak up every second of the good life. :evil:

For those who have been there, is this the menu we can expect to see?

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

We're in Suite 220 for the 11/26 game vs the Fishdicks. Can't wait!

And thanks rpaq, CD and DP! Kinda figured it was a long shot with the all-inclusiveness, but that's so not a big deal. Usually we get to our seats shortly before faceoff, but this time we're gonna have to get in as soon as the doors open and soak up every second of the good life. :evil:

For those who have been there, is this the menu we can expect to see?

I'd hope the food is for the entire suite with those prices!

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone was wondering, here's how it went ...

First of all, the suites are ... well ... sweet. The seats are nice and roomy, the view is top notch and the service is speedy.

Now for the bad news.

That catering menu I posted before? That really is what you order from. So unless you're gonna feed the whole suite, it really isn't worth it. Actually, I take that back. It's great for drinks (soda or beer) since you can order by the 6-pack.

We got a bottomless bowl of popcorn, a 6er of Pepsi and a 6er of Bud. Since we were in a suite that was all StubHubbed out, no one really knew each other, and when our backs were turned, one dude decided to give all our sodas to his kids and everyone helped themselves to our popcorn.

And as painful as it was, the TV did come in handy during the video review of Parise's last-second goal. The TVs are normally tuned into whatever is showing on the jumbotron, but a channel guide lets you know what station to tune to in order to get the TV feeds of the day's various games. The downside to this is that nothing seems to be in HD. For a luxury suite, you'd think HD would be a no-brainer.

The touch-screen thingy you can use didn't seem to work too well either. I tried to use it to order a second 6-pack of Bud, but the screen froze. When I tried again, it doubled my order. There's a phone in the suite and with one quick call, someone's at the door in no time to straighten everything out, but still. Luxury suite. If you're gonna have a touch-screen ordering doohickey, it should work.

Even though I have a lot more negative here than positive, it was still an overall positive experience. It's always cool to see new parts of the barn, and for someone who's tall like myself the extra seating room and space to stretch your legs were extremely nice. Having Grant Marshall and Bruce Driver in the suite next to us was pretty cool too. And from where we were, we could see the team suite with Terreri in the front row and the privacy glass up around it.

Overall though, I think we'll keep our cheap seats.

We got a bottomless bowl of popcorn, a 6er of Pepsi and a 6er of Bud. Since we were in a suite that was all StubHubbed out, no one really knew each other, and when our backs were turned, one dude decided to give all our sodas to his kids and everyone helped themselves to our popcorn.

Awkward! How'd you deal with that?

Awkward! How'd you deal with that?

We pretty much just shrugged and said "Whatever."

The popcorn was no big deal since it was bottomless. It wasn't like they were depleting our reserves. And the soda part kinda worked out too. We actually ordered Diet Pepsi, and when they delivered the regular Pepsi the catering lady recognized the mistake and said she'd be right back with the correct 6-pack while leaving the regular stuff behind. We drank one, and by the time we reached for another, we saw that the dude had given them all to his wife and two kids. Five sodas for one woman and two kids who could barely walk. It was kinda ridiculous, but we ended up getting our Diet Pepsis and weren't charged for an extra 6-pack. And we didn't even end up drinking all of them. Brought two home.

The sodas and beers were put in a sink-like cooler area with ice. We ended up putting a note there with our seat numbers and none of our Diet Pepsis or beers went missing. Which is good. If they ganked our beer, a war might've broken out. :lol:

I had my 30th b-day party at a suite on saturday. aside from the game sucking, i had an awesome time.

I was in a suite on Saturday as well. My buddies company bought a couple of new trucks from Ford so the dealer gave him tickets for the Ford suite. We were running a little late so the food was gone but they time we got there. But at least there was plenty of beer and water! Overall it was cool but the Ford suite was not in a great location.