Devils recall Cam Janssen

thelastonealive

Big whoop?  It will cost them $600k on the cap for two years.  And they'll need that compliance buyout for Volchenkov.  It's a bad move unless the Devils could make a trade and have Detroit pick up some of the salary.  They don't really have a spot for him, though.

I'll believe Volch is getting bought out when I see it.   He actually hasn't been terrible lately, he'll always do enough to survive.

Clowe has that track record to. Better them totoo. I feel like this is nhl14 you guys just wanna throw anyone on this roster and poof it'll work. Doesn't work that way.

Tootoo at least has a track record for being able to play hockey. Maybe he hasn't put up much in the last 50 games, but at least he has measurable skills at doing something other than getting his face pummeled. He's only one half season removed from putting up 30 points.

Edited by CarterforPresident

I'll believe Volch is getting bought out when I see it.   He actually hasn't been terrible lately, he'll always do enough to survive.

I don't think he's been terrible at any time - yeah he'll have lapses that look awful, and Brodeur couldn't make a save when he was on the ice in the playoffs, but there's two years left on that deal and I don't think they'll be pretty.

Steadevils:  I'm legitimately surprised at those lines, and maybe it'll mean that line will only play 5 or so minutes at ES.

Yea I was happily surprised too. Although i fear you were right and Gionta will still end up playing around 10-15 minutes due to his terrible PK time and due to Deboer going back to CBGB in the 3rd period and playing them every other shift.

Well, I see the NHL games haven't really gotten realistic trading down still. At least you can't trade like 5 7ths for a 1st rd pick anymore, LOL.

EHM had it down pretty well. FHM is, while released some months ago, a beta at best. So many problems but it has loads of potential. 

And you only need 3 7ths to get that first, at most.