2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

devilsrule33

Yeah if they send Merrill down or scratch Fayne for Sal, that'll piss me off. So I'm preparing to be pissed off because one of those two things is probably gonna happen (unless Lou swings a trade... Lmao, yeah right).

I think Merrill has looked fantastic, but him heading back to the AHL for a while wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for his development. We now know that he can hack it in the NHL, so maybe letting him use this added confidence in Albany could be good for him.

Now, Gelinas, on the other hand, should never see the AHL again.

I think Merrill has looked fantastic, but him heading back to the AHL for a while wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for his development. We now know that he can hack it in the NHL, so maybe letting him use this added confidence in Albany could be good for him.

Now, Gelinas, on the other hand, should never see the AHL again.

If Gelinas gets sent down, unless he's being replaced by 1994 scott stevens, we storm the Rock

I laughed.

Merrill is going to be sent down at some point this season, unless the defense never gets healthy. I would rather that than him being a scratch.

I agree. I think he's shown Lou that he can and will be an NHLer, and is the obvious call up until a spot opens up permanently, either through trade or Zid/Fayne leaving in the off season. Or maybe even a Volch buyout, but I doubt it.

Talk out of Washington is that Urbom may be waived when Erskine returns from injury.  It may be just me, but I can see Lou claiming him even though we have like 72 defenseman on the roster already.

I think it's just you.  The Devils don't need Urbom at all, either now or in the future.  He's also been pretty terrible for Washington.

Montreal outshot Washington 13-4 in the first period and broke on top at the 15:20 mark. Capitals defenseman Alexander Urbom failed to clear a puck from behind the net, and Briere scored on a wraparound between Holtby's legs.

Urbom was benched the rest of the game by Washington coach Adam Oates.

"We weren't happy with his game last game, and he basically made the same mistake and it cost us a goal," Oates said. "We feel like he's struggling to make those reads, and it's too early in the game to allow another."

http://espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=400484629

He was benched the rest of that game and has been scratched in the five games since.  So yeah, not going terribly well for him in Washington. 

Montreal outshot Washington 13-4 in the first period and broke on top at the 15:20 mark. Capitals defenseman Alexander Urbom failed to clear a puck from behind the net, and Briere scored on a wraparound between Holtby's legs.

Urbom was benched the rest of the game by Washington coach Adam Oates.

"We weren't happy with his game last game, and he basically made the same mistake and it cost us a goal," Oates said. "We feel like he's struggling to make those reads, and it's too early in the game to allow another."

http://espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=400484629

He was benched the rest of that game and has been scratched in the five games since. So yeah, not going terribly well for him in Washington.

lol some know it alls who follow the caps came on the radio down here at the beginning of the season claiming they got a steal in urbom. Not a peep from them now.

And tri Is right, with Merrill and gelinas emerging, urbom would just be another body to clog up the d. We need to figure out ways to get rid of the extra bodies not bring more in.

Eh I would think Lou could've still gotten a 4th or 5th round pick for him.  Which are essentially worthless, I know, but hey, it's still a shot at grabbing a gem.

Always liked the kid though, shame he's struggling.  Still hope he pans out into a top-6 kinda guy.

Eh I would think Lou could've still gotten a 4th or 5th round pick for him.  Which are essentially worthless, I know, but hey, it's still a shot at grabbing a gem.

Always liked the kid though, shame he's struggling.  Still hope he pans out into a top-6 kinda guy.

he passed through waivers to #20, so I doubt this a lot.

If the Devils claim him, where would he go?  Would the Devils try to put him back on waivers and jam him into the minors?  (Which if Washington is the only team to claim him, they can also do, without having to put him back on waivers?)  The Devils don't need Alex Urbom.  Merrill is clearly miles ahead of him.

so? If he gets claimed again then we are back to where we are now.

I guess but as tri said Washington can just claim him back and directly assign him to the a. I suppose if Lou just wants to mess with Oates then sure why not but it's clear urbom doesn't have a future here, maybe some other team is willing to give him another nhl shot.

I wouldn't mind having Urbom back just to have an "elite" D in the AHL. Don't we have someone from the ECHL playing D right now? Hrbanaka or whatever

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure Hrabarenka was the one who crushed someone through the glass in a highlight I saw last week or the week before.

After googling this: Why does he have two names? Roman Graborenko or Raman Hrabarenka. Any Belarusian's here that want to enlighten me?

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure Hrabarenka was the one who crushed someone through the glass in a highlight I saw last week or the week before.

After googling this: Why does he have two names? Roman Graborenko or Raman Hrabarenka. Any Belarusian's here that want to enlighten me?

Maybe he used to have his dads name? his dad is a dick, so he went with his moms maiden name? A friend of mine did that.

I believe many Eastern Europeans change the spelling of their name when they come over to help English speakers pronounce it correctly. I assume this is the case here. Off the top of my head I know grabovski is one who did it and I know there are others but I can't think of them.