The Clarkson Hype In Toronto is Laughable

TheMazz

The Maple Leafs tweeted this out recently. Let's all have a good laugh over the WWE-style hype they are giving Clark-tard.

14l3rwh.jpg

They should follow that up with another picture: "HE IS COMING...TO FALL DOWN ON THE ICE". Apparently Toronto must think they have Kovalchuk. Someone better them it's David Clarkson they are hyping up like this because I think they are confused.

I don't know if anyone else here was a big WCW fan back in the 90's, but this is exactly like when they hyped up Glacier for months and then he came in and everyone was highly disappointed. 

Edited by PWW

I don't know if anyone else here was a big WCW fan back in the 90's, but this is exactly when they hyped up Glacier for months and then he came in and everyone was highly disappointed. 

Hey I liked Glacier. Then again I was like six. They massively dropped the ball on that though. They played off of Mortal Kombat's success. Glacier was like Sub-Zero and they should have brought in a Scoripon like character as well. Start a little mid-card stable.

But yes. Looking back on everything as a 24 year old now - this is VERY similar. Toronto fans are going to be very disappointed.

I actually feel bad for him because his dream of playing in Toronto may be a nightmare. Luckily for him, that Toronto team us pretty solid. Just imagine if they happen to win the Cup. I wish him nothing but success.

I really cant stand the Leafs.....but I'd take their roster (and coach) over ours 

He'll be fine. The Leafs are winning without him and have so many other skilled players to pick up the scoring. If the Leafs come crashing down, maybe then he'll get the wrath of the fanbase.

He already got a 10-game suspension before playing a regular season game, and he's been cheered for his willingness to stick up to teammates whatever the cost.

Poor Clarky, don't think he'll ever manage to live up to the hype.

This is essentially me, right now, awaiting his eventual collapse under the pressure of the Toronto media:

jon-stewart-popcorn11.gif

I really cant stand the Leafs.....but I'd take their roster (and coach) over ours 

And they endured years (read: just about a decade) of being irrelevant to get to this point.  Would you have taken those too?  

still sour as hell over this.. and to replace him we sign clowe.. who is an even WORSE skater and has not done a goddamn single thing since hes been signed to that nightmare of a contract he got.. probably wont even play most of the season anyway every time someone bumps into him hes injured.

Hey I liked Glacier. Then again I was like six. They massively dropped the ball on that though. They played off of Mortal Kombat's success. Glacier was like Sub-Zero and they should have brought in a Scoripon like character as well. Start a little mid-card stable.

But yes. Looking back on everything as a 24 year old now - this is VERY similar. Toronto fans are going to be very disappointed.

You act as if Mortis and Wrath weren't a worthy payoff! Didn't we get Ernest the Cat Miller out of that, too?!?.... (Fun fact, Glacier was originally supposed to be played by RVD. I just learned that recently so I feel the need to share it haha)

But seriously, I do hope Clarkson does well. I wouldn't take him at that contract, but good for him for getting it. I just feel that it will get ugly when he goes through things that were ignored by people who didn't follow the team day to day when he was here like most of us do. Things like scoring slumps, falling, whining to refs, etc.

I love Clarkie. I would never offer him that contract, but I wish him nothing but the best.

• Like 1

Anyone who says they want Clarkson back over Clowe or someone was dumb enough to say Zajac too, I'd love to hear your reasons.

Please keep in mind that David Clarkson hasn't even played yet this season. Also note that both Zajac and Clowe have put up more ppg than Clarkson over their careers. And Zajac is a center and he's WAYYYY better at defense than Clarkson. Complete insanity to say you'd want Clarkson over Zajac.

A little silly to anoint Clarkson the best of the two despite lacking any actual data on how he's played.