10$ Seats

J0llyR0ger

Ok so I'm sure everyone knows, especially us "money savers", that the Prudential Center offers 10$ seats. In case you weren't aware yes thats 10 dollars, yes you can buy tickets for cheaper than a T-shirt. Anyways a lot of people seem to not quite understand how exactly they work, and there isn't much information on how exactly to get them, hopefully this helps. The Rock only provides 200 I believe seats a night, so there aren't very many, and you cannot order these tickets online.

How to purchase:

In order to be guaranteed the chance to purchase these tickets you must acquire a wristband. In order to receive one you have to stand in line outside of the box office, it runs from the box office door down the sidewalk towards Broad Street. When you're standing in line at around 4-4:30 (for a 7:00 game) security will come outside with a handful of wristbands and start handing them out. You can turn each wristband in for 2 tickets. This is really important and a big rule that many people don't understand. This means that if you want 8 people to go to the game only 4 of them need wristbands, so really only half of the people you intend to bring need to wait in line. After wristbands are given out do not leave. Proceed to wait in line until around 5:30 and than security will bring you inside the box office and the ticket counter will be open. Once you are at the window someone will cut the band off your wrist and you can turn them in for your tickets. After that you have an hour and a half to kill before the game actually starts, so either hit the Devils Den, head back to the car to grab things, or go grab a bite to eat. Thats basically it, pretty simple.

Seating Chart

Your seats will be in sections; 208, 216, 225, 233.

I usually enjoy 208 or 233 because that is where the Devils shoot twice, also 233 has the Crazies and the 232 Cowbells.

I also usually like to request the back row because you can stand the whole time without being yelled at, and the metal stuff over the walls are excellent for banging on when we score.

Tips:

Heres some things I've learned during the process, I've done it many times haha.

The earlier you go, the better chance of getting tickets: Can't stress this enough.

Division Games: Yes we've all seen how many Rangers/Flyers/Islanders fans enjoy coming to our stadium (I guess even Rangers fans don't enjoy paying Garden prices). And yes they do know about these great deal seats, so my advice is get there EARLY. If it's a 7:00 game I usually like to get there around 3 hours before wristbands are given out, so around 1:00 so that I am guaranteed to see the Devils make Lundqvist cry... I mean play the Rangers. Remember they only give out 100 wristbands so even if you're in line when they start handing them out, you aren't guaranteed one.

Long Waits: Bring a chair! Something to eat, hell I've ordered Domino's when I was waiting in line once. Bring a Disc or a Football, anything to have some fun while waiting in line. You're waiting on a sidewalk in Newark, not the greatest place to take a nap, so bring something to entertain yourself. And if that includes something you aren't supposed to be drinking in public, conceal it =P.

Security: Please, I don't think I can stress this enough, be kind to the security guards. They're the nicest people out there, they love to see people pumped for the game and all, but don't give them any trouble if they have to do something you may not agree with, they're just doing their jobs. I highly doubt you'll ever have a problem with any of them and if you have any questions they make their rounds so just ask.

Weather: Yes no one likes sitting in the rain, snow, sleet, hail, etc. Yes the guards will usually let you inside to wait but they aren't always there when you're waiting for a long time. Dress appropriately, luckily hockey jersey's are huge so you can wear them over a jacket/sweat shirt. The guards usually try their best to get you inside and dry ASAP.

Out of Division Games: A lot of times during the season you can go to "not so big" games and get these tickets like nothing. I went to a Sabres game I think it was and walked in at 5:45 and got the last 3 tickets with my buddies. It's not the smartest idea if you really really want tickets to the game, but chances are if you wait that long and don't get them, there will be 25-35$ still available in the Box Office.

10$ Seats Playoff Edition: 20$

Yea thats right, 20 dollar playoff tickets, a chance to go to a playoff game for the price of a T-Shirt in the Devils Den. Basically see above procedure, than add a lot more waiting (when I went I waited 11 hours in line, it was also against the Rangers) and add 10 more dollars to the ticket price and Ta-Da! playoff tickets. It's worth the wait.

Really hope everything here helps, if anyone has anything to add let me know and I'll change the post around.

Edited by J0llyR0ger

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for the 12/26 game against the Pens would you say getting there at 3:30 or so would be a safe bet?

This thread is great, I only got $10 tix once, the last regular season game against the Rags last season, and I fully intend to get them as much as possible for the rest of the season. Thanks a bunch dude, you officially have been elevated from NJDevs n00b status in my book! :thumbsup:

Haha it's all good, I'm waiting on them to update the keepership thread because I'm hoping I was the first one to claim the Devils Dancers ;), thats all I need.

But yea anyone who's waiting for 10$ seats most likely I'll be there, I'm the tall guy (6'2'') with the Devils hat and Clarkson jersey (Probably the only CCM Replica jersey around, I was cheap and found an old sweater :P), feel free to say hi, I'm always up for meeting new people.

Edited by J0llyR0ger

Good way to centralize! And I agree with the out of division games. I went to the Kings game last season on a Saturday at 5:30 and I got $10 seats.

I'm not really an expert on the $10 seats but it goes without saying you can get there later on weekdays than on weekends. Even crappy games on weekends, there'll be a line because more people can make it early enough to stand on line. All but the most marquee games on weekdays (division mainly) you can probably get there 5:30 and be safe, hell a lot of people can't even make it on time for 7 PM starts.

I tried the $10 line once last year against the Panthers and got a ticket easily at 5:30 (nobody around). I also saw an Isles weekday game where the $10 ticket signs were up till like 6:05 - 6:10. More people probably know about the $10 tickets this year, but I've heard you can still get there around 5:30 and get tickets most weeknights.

Edited by Hasan4978

• 2 weeks later...

Yea I was there also last night, I was expecting a lot at first be it a Friday night, lots of people on vacation, and promotion night, but once the weather started in the morning I was surprised at how many people showed up. Luckily I got there around 230 yet was still pretty far up in line (was one of the guys sitting in the chairs), the line grew really fast.

Just goes to show the 10$ seats are really unpredictable and that the sooner you get the there better chances you have.

Yea I was there also last night, I was expecting a lot at first be it a Friday night, lots of people on vacation, and promotion night, but once the weather started in the morning I was surprised at how many people showed up. Luckily I got there around 230 yet was still pretty far up in line (was one of the guys sitting in the chairs), the line grew really fast.

Just goes to show the 10$ seats are really unpredictable and that the sooner you get the there better chances you have.

oh lol i was with the ranger fan...i know but me and my friend didnt feel like ditching him anyway

Yeah, I got there around 3 too. Luckily, my friend's family was already in line and got wristbands for us. Plus that Paul guy (for those of you who were there yesterday I'm sure you ALL remember, haha) was cool and got another wristband for our friends who were coming later.

Yeah, I got there around 3 too. Luckily, my friend's family was already in line and got wristbands for us. Plus that Paul guy (for those of you who were there yesterday I'm sure you ALL remember, haha) was cool and got another wristband for our friends who were coming later.

was that the guy that kept harassing my friend...haha

oh lol i was with the ranger fan...i know but me and my friend didnt feel like ditching him anyway

Oh man you mean the guy who was getting reemed out? The one that all he could say was "Well we have more points than you do"?

Were you the one asking if anyone had a spare ticket? If so I think I remember you because we got asked by everyone for some reason.

Oh man you mean the guy who was getting reemed out? The one that all he could say was "Well we have more points than you do"?

Were you the one asking if anyone had a spare ticket? If so I think I remember you because we got asked by everyone for some reason.

well he knew that we had some games in hand so that would of been pointless...I was the guy with the weird Devils hat on that looked like a helmet

well he knew that we had some games in hand so that would of been pointless...I was the guy with the weird Devils hat on that looked like a helmet

Oh aight I was thinking of someone else but now I remember which one you were, my friend really wants one of those helmet hat things haha.

same here.

I had the same issue... but luckily got 2 $95 tix for $60 a piece from a group of guys from Montreal (4 Habs fans and 2 Devils fans). They were pretty cool, one of the Devils fans with them was giving them a lot of grief. One of the guys was telling us how hard it is to get Montreal tickets right now, which helps explain the huge turn out for the game. Not too bad of a road trip for them.

Unfortunately, from the way he was talking, it may be hard for me to make my annual Montreal trip for the Devs-Habs in March. Apparently tix are getting REAL expensive up there.

I've gone for ten dollar tix twice. Once last season for the last reg season game against Rags, didn't get them. This season for Opening day and got them. I made sure I was there extra early (around 9:30) and was the third person on line. Got great seats. Will definately do it again soon.

• 2 weeks later...
I just called the Box Office because I'm trying to get 10 dollar tickets for friday's game against the Penguins. Woman said that they start giving out bracelets at 11 am now!

figured i'd give everyone the heads up.

Whoa... interesting, I'll be there friday so I guess we'll see. Luckily no classes friday so I can test this out, maybe they're making it so bands and tickets are earlier so that they don't have to deal with the 10$ line so close to when the doors open. It'd be a pretty smart idea.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.