ESPN3 to broadcast some KHL games (and now ESPN2 too)

95Crash

I know this is an online streaming service, but is there anyway for optimum/cablevision customers to use the service? I didn't see cablevision as a choice on the dropdown when I went to their site...

Unfortunately I don't think so. I used to have Cablevision and when Rutgers football games were on ESPN3 I wasn't able to watch them even though I live walking distance to the stadium.

I know this is an online streaming service, but is there anyway for optimum/cablevision customers to use the service? I didn't see cablevision as a choice on the dropdown when I went to their site...

All you need is to know someone who has one of the services on the dropdown menu. Then get them to give you their login and viola, you'll have it.

And btw everyone, apparently there was some mix up with ESPN3 and they won't be airing games until the weekend. I think the next one is Saturday the 6th. What time it'll air, I have no idea.

Wysh just wrote that ESPN 2 will show a KHL game with Ovechkin on Tuesday:

ESPN today officially announced that it will deliver a minimum of seven games from 2012-13 season of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) exclusively on ESPN3 in the US and on ESPN UK. Coverage begins Tuesday, October 9 at 1 p.m. ET with ESPN SportsCenter anchor Steve Levy and NHL studio analyst Barry Melrose calling the Lev vs. Dynamo Moscow game live on ESPN2 and ESPN3. The game will re-air in primetime on ESPN2 at 8 p.m. ET and will air on delay on ESPN in the UK (Wednesday, Oct. 10 at 2 p.m. BST).

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/alex-ovechkin-play-khl-hockey-espn2-barry-melrose-153156693--nhl.html

Haha yeah they barely talked about the game. Probably because they weren't actually there, don't know most of the players, and had a hard time figuring out when the players they did know were on the ice. The broadcast just seemed so unprofessional. At one point I think Levy asked Melrose what he knew about one of the coaches and his answer was, "Nothing." Great expert analysis from the self-proclaimed "worldwide leader in sports." Still, it was cool to have a KHL game televised.

To defend Levy, play-by-play while watching a game on TV is VERY difficult. No atmosphere to draw from and no control as to what you are seeing. He did as well as you can expect in that situation. Melrose, on the other hand, could have been better. It seems like he relies on knowing the players from years of experience in the NHL. He would have had to do a little research for the KHL players he's never seen, which he probably didn't do. Either way, it was nice to see a game on TV at very least. Hopefully, the AHL and/or ECHL end up on TV as well.

For those interested Hockey Night in Canada is airing old games until the lockout ends.

Tonight was Boston vs Montreal 1979 Game 7 which is somewhat famous in Canada if only because Don Cherry always complains about the too many men on the ice call against him in this game.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/www.cbc.ca/sports/hockeynightincanada/hockey/video/#id=2290720949

Jacques Lemaire and Larry Robinson were also in this game, as were Guy Lafleur, Ken Dryden and I believe that's Mike Milbury on Boston.