GDT: New Jersey @ Toronto - 2/21/2012

NJCroMag

He was actually at .904 coming into this one. It went up slightly, but is still shown at .904.

Hedberg: 2.53 GAA, .908 save%

Brodeur: 2.54 GAA, .904 save%

Not too many would've thought these would be their numbers a couple of months ago.

No definitely not. Brodeur has to be around 16-17 wins now?

He's clearly worked hard, but it seems like he's gotten his share of good bounces and good fortune...I'd be shocked if he ever had a season like this again. Going forward I wouldn't expect much more than 20 goals out of him in any given season. But he could wind up with 30 this season (just when you think a slump is coming, he gets a couple of goals...he has 16 in his last 34 games...it's such an incredibly pleasant surprise).

Let's trade him for Nash.

No definitely not. Brodeur has to be around 16-17 wins now?

He's 22-13-2. Actually has a great shot to win 30 or more, which definitely didn't seem possible a couple of months ago.

He's 22-13-2. Actually has a great shot to win 30 or more, which definitely didn't seem possible a couple of months ago.

WOW I was way off jeeez. That's awesome! Excellent turn around.

I wonder if he starts Friday. Doesn't have the best track record against the Canucks if I remember correctly isn't that the only team in the league that has a winning record vs. Marty?

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

WOW I was way off jeeez. That's awesome! Excellent turn around.

I wonder if he starts Friday. Doesn't have the best track record against the Canucks if I remember correctly isn't that the only team in the league that has a winning record vs. Marty?

I'm going to guess Marty gets Friday, then Moose gets Sunday. That allows Marty to play Monday in MSG and keep with Deboer having them split the back-to-backs.

Looking at the schedule, it's going to be interesting to see how much Moose plays. After Friday, the Devils have 2 consecutive days of rest only three times before the playoffs. Everything else is back-to-back or 1 day rest.

HAHA I just realized DaneykoIsGod mentioned the schedule thing in another thread and he did a much better job of it. :cheers:

Edited by Devil Dan 56

I'm going to guess Marty gets Friday, then Moose gets Sunday. That allows Marty to play Monday in MSG and keep with Deboer having them split the back-to-backs.

Looking at the schedule, it's going to be interesting to see how much Moose plays. After Friday, the Devils have 2 consecutive days of rest only three times before the playoffs. Everything else is back-to-back or 1 day rest.

HAHA I just realized DaneykoIsGod mentioned the schedule thing in another thread and he did a much better job of it. :cheers:

Well four back-to-backs in the last 23 games...so at least that many (the smart money being on 2/26, 3/2, 3/10 and 3/20). Maybe two or three more spotted in since the schedule is so tight, particuarly assuming we do get a playoff spot locked up. But we always have a history of going for the highest seed possible so I don't imagine Marty getting 'that' much more rest.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Let me tell you all about my night.

A few months ago, I was given devils/leafs tickets for last nights game as a christmas gift from my mom and her bf. My brother and I each got one( my bro being a leafs fan). My mom had purchased these off kijiji from a woman a few months prior, as they were very good seats.

We arrive to the ACC drunk as all hell, because we drank on the train on the way there, and planned on having more drinks inside. We get to the gate just to our surprise..

Our tickets were fake. The security guard tried scanning them several times, and said we should go to the box office and check them out. After a good 20 mins talking with people at the box office, they had said these tickets were reprints and were voided. I was pissed. So the only available seats were 400 each, and I just flat out don't have that kind of money.

After a good discussion, we just took the train back home. It was very long, and quiet as we were both furious. We arrived home just in time for the 3rd period, and began drinking again.

FML.

Let me tell you all about my night.

A few months ago, I was given devils/leafs tickets for last nights game as a christmas gift from my mom and her bf. My brother and I each got one( my bro being a leafs fan). My mom had purchased these off kijiji from a woman a few months prior, as they were very good seats.

We arrive to the ACC drunk as all hell, because we drank on the train on the way there, and planned on having more drinks inside. We get to the gate just to our surprise..

Our tickets were fake. The security guard tried scanning them several times, and said we should go to the box office and check them out. After a good 20 mins talking with people at the box office, they had said these tickets were reprints and were voided. I was pissed. So the only available seats were 400 each, and I just flat out don't have that kind of money.

After a good discussion, we just took the train back home. It was very long, and quiet as we were both furious. We arrived home just in time for the 3rd period, and began drinking again.

FML.

Holy crap that sucks man!

Damn that really sucks.

This is the reason why I never buy tickets off of CL. Kijiji is pretty much the canadian version of it an basically if they are fake you are SOL. At least other places you have some sort of buyer protection. A buddy of mine got tickets from stubhub and they turned out to be fake and he got a refund pretty quick after he complained to them and followed their directions.

Damn that really sucks.

This is the reason why I never buy tickets off of CL. Kijiji is pretty much the canadian version of it an basically if they are fake you are SOL. At least other places you have some sort of buyer protection. A buddy of mine got tickets from stubhub and they turned out to be fake and he got a refund pretty quick after he complained to them and followed their directions.

Oh I know, I've never personally bought tickets from kijiji, just for this same reason. I've never had any problems with stubhub and I do know they are pretty reliable when it comes to refunds. Like I said though, my mom got us the tickets and isn't too familiar with stubhub. Sucks, but it's a lesson well learned.

that really sucks. I think I will have to start being more careful, all the games I've been going to we've been purchasing tickets on stub hub and ticket liquidator.

I would and I do trust Stubhub. If the tickets are fake they do a pretty good job of getting your money back and they go after the seller then.