Let's greet the Devils at the Arena Today

Zubie#8

Pete Deboer stopped and was very cordial as usual, Zach Parise(with Andy Greene as passenger) stopped and signed, Hedberg was great too(he had Josefson and Tedenby in the car with him), Zubrus was high-fiving fans as he went by...as was Eric Boulton. Tallinder waved as he rolled by but didn't put down his window. Not sure about the rest but the only two that I saw roll by without even really acknowledging the fans were Ponikarovsky and Adam Oates. Didn't see Clarkson or Kovalchuk at all...curious if anyone else did

Yea there's a pick on the devils fb page of kovy walking off the bus.. Looked kinda pissed.. But clean shaven

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete Deboer stopped and was very cordial as usual, Zach Parise(with Andy Greene as passenger) stopped and signed, Hedberg was great too(he had Josefson and Tedenby in the car with him), Zubrus was high-fiving fans as he went by...as was Eric Boulton. Tallinder waved as he rolled by but didn't put down his window. Not sure about the rest but the only two that I saw roll by without even really acknowledging the fans were Ponikarovsky and Adam Oates. Didn't see Clarkson or Kovalchuk at all...curious if anyone else did

Oates already had his gps set for the addresses of the refs from last night. That was one mad dude.

Who stopped? Who did you see shaking hands and signing?

I am curious who the nice guys are

McMullen82's answer is essentially what mine would have been. Zach was particularly nice, signing a bunch of autographs, and he seemed genuinely happy that everyone was there. Marty seemed really appreciative of everyone; he had a pretty big smile on his face and waved to everybody. The ovation for Bernier when he got off the bus was pretty cool. I thought it showed how close the fans felt to the team, how we were all thankful for what he'd done this season and weren't preoccupied with one questionable penalty. Zubie's car was stopped for a while where I was standing and it looked like he couldn't stop himself from laughing. As someone else asked, I didn't see Kovy nor Clarkson either, despite the posted picture of Kovy getting off the bus. Overall, I thought it was a great way to thank the team for what had been a great season.

Bernier deserved the applause, not to be treated like the goat. The ref screwed him and all of us over with that call.

It was certainly a boarding ! The only question is a minor of 2 or 4, or Major...

Personally I think it was more than a 2. But I agree it should not have been a major.

So to me, he double-minor or major didn't make that much of a difference.

It was certainly a boarding ! The only question is a minor of 2 or 4, or Major...

Personally I think it was more than a 2. But I agree it should not have been a major.

So to me, he double-minor or major didn't make that much of a difference.

Actually it does. They would've scored 2, knocking out both minor penalties. You can score as much as you want on a major.

Actually it does. They would've scored 2, knocking out both minor penalties. You can score as much as you want on a major.

Haha as much as you want...just sounds funny. Who wouldn't WANT to score 10+ goals on a major? ;-)

TG said Bernier got a little emotional when he talked about the fan support when he got off the bus.. I think that's awesome, especially because TG made it seem like Bernie was blaming himself for the loss

Great to hear. I definitely want him back for next season, he played with heart every shift.

TG said Bernier got a little emotional when he talked about the fan support when he got off the bus.. I think that's awesome, especially because TG made it seem like Bernie was blaming himself for the loss

In case anyone wants to read it...

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/bernier_appreciates_support_of_team_and_fans_fourth_liners_hope_to_return/

Bernier was very touched by the fan support he received when the team returned from Los Angeles Tuesday afternoon. A group of approximately 500 fans waited out in the rain for the team bus and Bernier received a loud ovation when he stepped off of it. There were also signs expressing support for him.

“You play for a team in a city. I want to win as much as they do and even more,” he said. “I want to win so badly. To have that support and all those signs, it’s very, very comforting and I could not thank them enough.”

Saw both Clarkson and Kovalchuk. Kovalchuk left in a beautiful Mercedes SUV I believe, he might've been one of the first players out.