Now Official:: Zubes resigns, 3 years $9.3 mil

MadDog2020

Also of note from TG's blog post: 'Apparently, part of Lamoriello’s recent conversations with agents has been to reassure them and the players of the team’s long-term financial stability – and its future on the ice.  NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly called reports last week about the team’s finances, “inaccurate,” and stated, “We are not concerned about the Devils’ future or the franchise’s ability to achieve long-term success in Newark.” But, until owner Jeff Vanderbeek completes the process of bringing in new partner(s) and makes an official announcement, some might have doubts and Lamoriello is trying to allay them.'

It's just re-upping an existing slot, but it makes me nervous.   In October he'll basically have had one full month played of hockey in 15 months.   So no real way to determine if the wheels are about to fall off.

He's going to play, though, at least.   

not bad deal , Zoobs gots something left in the tank

Maybe he'll retire before the 3rd season.

wasn't it Zoobie that took his family on vacation with the Sykora's and ELIAS' families last year?

Bodes even better to keep Patrik cool with the Devils

MSWEET must be estatic that his favorite customer won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

My first thought as well :lol:

Yeah, not crazy about the 3rd year.  But so be it, maybe he gets banished to the 4th line that last year, not a huge problem.  

It's the most happy day, talking about hockey, for a few months for me. I believed Zubes and Devils will not part ways, but was a little worried, because 1st of july is coming faster and faster. Besides of emotions, it's a fair deal for both sides. It;s not a ridiculous 5-6 mil contract like Rolston had, it's a normal cap hit for a very important piece of the squad. Zubes playing with heart and doing things that helps other players to get on the sheet. Not worried about 3rd year at all, because he will still be 37 at the end of that season and that's not a big age for such type of players. Now keep Elias

Edited by Niaure

It's the most happy day, talking about hockey, for a few months for me. I believed Zubes and Devils will not part ways, but was a little worried, because 1st of july is coming faster and faster. Besides of emotions, it's a fair deal for both sides. It;s not a ridiculous 5-6 mil contract like Rolston had, it's a normal cap hit for a very important piece of the squad. Zubes playing with heart and doing things that helps other players to get on the sheet. Not worried about 3rd year at all, because he will still be 37 at the end of that season and that's not a big age for such type of players. Now keep Elias

July 5