2010 NFL thread

MadDog2020

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pish-posh!

Derrick Mason has been one of the best receivers in Football the past decade, he would be a HOF candidate if we didn't have Kyle Boller, Derrick Anderson, Anthony Wright, and a ancient Steve McNair at QB. Unfortunately he is also the only WR that Flacco throws to and teams know it.

Mason is a fantastic WR, but I was talking in terms of big plays and explosiveness- Mason is not really a big play guy, but a reliable and solid possession guy.

Tebow to work out with the Bills...

The thought of this is making me cringe...

91 year old owner...ex QB Jim Kelly campaigning for Tebow...bad thoughts man...bad thoughts.

:giggle:

He'll fail in any offense in the NFL. The kid can't even take snaps under center, and his throwing arm is worse than most practice squad quarterbacks. As are his fundamentals.

Tebow is Pat White 2.0, but with more meat on his bones.

He'll fail in any offense in the NFL. The kid can't even take snaps under center, and his throwing arm is worse than most practice squad quarterbacks. As are his fundamentals.

eh worst case scenario he becomes a tight end so there's not a tremendous amount of risk. He's built to play more than one position, it's just a matter of how he looks in his pro day but it's not good so far for QB

Panthers are cutting players left and right. Latest casualty is one of the best fullbacks in the game...Brad Hoover. Pretty much all the cuts have been over-30 players leaving Steve Smith as the player left on the team (excluding punters and kickers) that is not in his 20s.

Edited by devilsrule33

Ravens receivers are downright scary if Stallworth stays healthy. Now all they have to do is get a pass-catching tight end that will stay on the field.

Heap is a very good TE but we need a better back-up as he will get hurt.

Stallworth is probably #4 on our depth chart.

Where is Crasher??? He is usually raining on my parades.

I was being driven home by Stallworth.....obviously a hospital visit ensued :P

He's shown no reason to believe that he will stay healthy and/or productive... it's a BIG upgrade, yes.... they still need a game breaker though

PS, you've only had ONE parade to rain on :evil:

Edited by CRASHER

I was being driven home by Stallworth.....obviously a hospital visit ensued :P

He's shown no reason to believe that he will stay healthy and/or productive... it's a BIG upgrade, yes.... they still need a game breaker though

Ray Rice is a game breaker, our entire D is made up of game breakers. We need that one deep threat at WR and we are set.

small updates:

Tomlinson leaves Jets no contract signed (I still have an odd feeling he might be a Patrtiot)

Delhomme to the Browns :saddevil:

Larry Johsnon a three year deal to the Redskins :rofl:

Kerry Rhodes traded to the Cardinals

Darren Sharper to visit Jets too

They don't go for the blockbuster type trades just for the sake of making headlines in the newspapers, but you can't deny the tendency in their flashy type acquisitions. (a trend that really started in 1998). Be it Curtis Martin.. Steve Atwater.. Vinny Testaverde.. Braylon Edwards.. Brett Favre.. Alan Faneca.. Ty Law.. Bubba Franks.. Kris Jenkins.. Thomas Jones.. Tony Richardson.. Lito Sheppard..

..LaDainian Tomlinson.. Antonio Cromartie.. Darren Sharper (come next week) ;)

Keeping up the PSL equation(s), without shifting the scale from our competitive balance. God I love Tannenbaum. smiley-cool06.gif

BUT ANYWAY!

Let's see.. the Jets cut a 32 year old Thomas Jones, who scored 14 TD's in 16 games last season.. and they replace him with a 31 year old LaDainian Tomlinson, who scored 12 TD's in 14 games last season.

LT joins a Jets team, who many consider to have the best offensive line in the league (Faneca, Mangold, Ferguson.. 2009 Pro Bowlers) not to mention playing with offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, who coached for 4 season with the Chargers from 2002-2005, and knows LaDainian's style considerably. With Greene and now Tomlinson already in the backfield.. should the Jets retain Washington, you're looking at possibly the most dangerous 3`Headed-Monster RB combo, the NFL has to offer.

Do I like the move? -Just a little. :uni:

*BTW: Brodney Pool > Kerry Rhodes

Edited by Beezer34

..LaDainian Tomlinson.. Antonio Cromartie.. Darren Sharper (come next week) ;)

Keeping up the PSL equation(s), without shifting the scale from our competitive balance. God I love Tannenbaum. smiley-cool06.gif

BUT ANYWAY!

Let's see.. the Jets cut a 32 year old Thomas Jones, who scored 14 TD's in 16 games last season.. and they replace him with a 31 year old LaDainian Tomlinson, who scored 12 TD's in 14 games last season.

LT joins a Jets team, who many consider to have the best offensive line in the league (Faneca, Mangold, Ferguson.. 2009 Pro Bowlers) not to mention playing with offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, who coached for 4 season with the Chargers from 2002-2005, and knows LaDainian's style considerably. With Greene and now Tomlinson already in the backfield.. should the Jets retain Washington, you're looking at possibly the most dangerous 3`Headed-Monster RB combo, the NFL has to offer.

Do I like the move? -Just a little. :uni:

*BTW: Brodney Pool > Kerry Rhodes

In my opinion the Jets just weakened themselves tremendously at their strongest team facet: Running game.

Three headed monster???? That is the lamest monster in the league---assuming that A.) Washington is healthy, B.) he doesn't take other offers.

This is a very terrible move. Jones is a workhorse who softened opposition defenses and controlled the clock. Green looks to fragile to carry this kind of load, and Tomlinson should have just retired. In the past three years, Jones had almost 500 yards more than Tomlinson, even though LT had 100 more carries.

I don't know what the Jets are doing, and I have been an admirer of Tannenbaum, but LT looks like Brett Farve part II.

The Jets looked like they were building an elite football team in January, I don't consider them as good any more.

the only thing I will say pro-LT...Jet line >> Charger Line and willingness to run.... in a fantasy football factor this puts LT back on the map at least....

as for the rest....no one knows ir Leon will walk right again, forget play football, then forget even play at FULL SPEED again, this injury was career threatening as is... and any time a RB busts up a wheel like that you gotta worry......

not to mention the Jets still don't scare anyone with their passing game... and look at the teams that get there every year... they throw the football and win with match-ups DOWN the field.... the "run and play defense" theory is a myth now and been phased out with the arena football concept of chucking the ball down the field!!

not to mention the Jets still don't scare anyone with their passing game... and look at the teams that get there every year... they throw the football and win with match-ups DOWN the field.... the "run and play defense" theory is a myth now and been phased out with the arena football concept of chucking the ball down the field!!

Yes, but even with that big O-Line Tomlinson doesn't scare anyone anymore and Green had the luxury of having Thomas Jones softening up the opposition and having the durablity to play every game. Not to mention the leadership that Jones provided and the fact that the O-line is pissed at losing Jones.

In my opinion the Jets just weakened themselves tremendously at their strongest team facet: Running game.

Three headed monster???? That is the lamest monster in the league---assuming that A.) Washington is healthy, B.) he doesn't take other offers.

This is a very terrible move. Jones is a workhorse who softened opposition defenses and controlled the clock. Green looks to fragile to carry this kind of load, and Tomlinson should have just retired. In the past three years, Jones had almost 500 yards more than Tomlinson, even though LT had 100 more carries.

I don't know what the Jets are doing, and I have been an admirer of Tannenbaum, but LT looks like Brett Farve part II.

It's funny how people want to look at Tomlinson's stats from last year and say; :blahblah: "oh yeah, he's 30, he did nothing last season" :blahblah: ..yet no one wants to acknowledge Bennett's stunning 2.8 yrd per-carry average. Or the fact that Sproles did jack sh!t every time he got the ball. Or maybe watching Rivers run for his life on every snap, and get pressured the entire game.

Despite what people are calling a "down year".. last season, LT finished 5th in the NFL in rushing TD's. (a fact that many wish to dismiss) I can not wait for this season to start, just to show the doubters how effective LaDainian can be behind a quality offensive line. Let's see what Jones does with Kansas City come January, and compare statistics then.

And as far as last year goes.. TJ had 108 more touches than LT. At 3.5 yrds per carry, if you were to add as many attempts Jones ran for.. Tomlinson averages around 1,100 total, as opposed to Jones' 1,400. How much of those 300 extra yards were due to the Jets o'line? -You'll find out this season, so stayed tuned. :thumbsup: My Opinion? (if I may steal your Favre reference)... *MUCH like Favre proved with the Vikings last year, alot of people are going to owe LT an apology after this season is over.

Furthermore, @ 108 extra carries (by law of averages).. does LaDainian not score 20 TD's last season? I think that would have put him as #1 in the league in that category. :noclue:

*EDIT: And as far as Leon goes.. NOBODY'S going to sacrifice a 2nd Round Draft pick on Washington before seeing him play after surgery first-&-foremost, (so you can forget about him going elsewhere) and even if it takes some time for him to regain his form, his mere presence makes opposing defenses pinch.

*EDIT #2: ...and just because I loved this commercial even before LT became a Jet.......

...................here...... we.......GO!

Edited by Beezer34