Tragedy for the Rag$

msweet

I almost cried when I read this..

Messier Leaves Rangers

"I am resigning my position with the Team to pursue an opportunity to expand the game of hockey in the New York area by developing the Kingsbridge National Ice Center"

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=675496

Translation: 1994 was almost 20 years ago, I have to say something about something in order to stay relevant.

Yea I'm sure that's it. The pull of the kinsbride whatchamacallit center was just too much to give up that position as Assistant to the President of the Rangers.

he was butthurt. So he took his ball and went home

Edited by '7'

Just read up on his 'legacy' with the Canucks, had no idea.

I didn't think it was possible to think less of this piece of sh!t than I already did, but I proved myself wrong here.  What an absolute loser.

Holy crap, I never knew about any of this. They really hate him, and rightfully so.  What a scumbag.

I didn't think it was possible to think less of this piece of sh!t than I already did, but I proved myself wrong here.  What an absolute loser.

Lol I forgot about him being on the canucks. NOW I remember where my canuck hatred started haha. Man was he terrible on that team.

You can't help but laugh when reading this headline.  I mean, he actually is veign enough to think that he was the best person to take over a young team with intense pressure to win the Stanley Cup despite the fact that he hasn't coached a single game, on any level, in his entire life.  Then, when Sather actually does the right thing for the good of that franchise, instead of asking to be put into consideration as an Assistant on Vigneault's staff, or getting the AHL job (which I'm sure Sather would have given him) so he can begin to learn how to actually coach a team, he takes his ball and runs home like a little bitch.

Like another poster said earlier - what a great "leader" this clown is!  

Messier's ego has always been a thing of legend and his actions during his time with the Canucks is a perfect example of his arrogance.

I would love for the Rags fans to start turning on him.

Messier's ego has always been a thing of legend and his actions during his time with the Canucks is a perfect example of his arrogance.

I would love for the Rags fans to start turning on him.

It will take a lot...the Blowshirt faithful forget that the Rangers only made the playoffs in half the seasons he played for them, and that he was just a much of detriment to that organization during his second tour of duty there as he was for the Canucks.  It's a joke that he's the second all-time leading scorer in the NHL, mostly because he got there by taking advantage of the Ranger organization that was too scared to tell him "Thanks for everything, but it's really time for you to go."  I'm not surprised he left...he's always felt like he should have the keys to that organization since they won that Cup.  He seems to think the Rangers owe him for life.