GDT: Rangers @ Devils - 7PM

nick17112

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

by the way, steve cangelosi needs to leave the air, for the love of god. he is horrible. just horrible. rangers bias all the way.

I agree he actually sounded DEPRESSED on some of the Devils goals. Jeez I missed one goal while in chat because he didn't raise his voice at all when Zajac? Scored.

I agree he actually sounded DEPRESSED on some of the Devils goals. Jeez I missed one goal while in chat because he didn't raise his voice at all when Zajac? Scored.

he talks up how great wade redden was against new jersey in some game against them earlier this year. meanwhile wade redden has been somewhere between passable and awful as a ranger so far.

I know giving up the 4 goal lead was not the best thing to do but I agree with Chico that the way the Devils won this game may have been better overall then just rolling over these guys. Clemmensen had a tough night but it really made me happy to see the guys step it up after the game was tied and pull this one out. Obviously they averted disaster but it really feels like these guys are playing for one another. They are a TEAM and the benefits of that are starting to show.

The officiating was beyond awful. Just a horrible game by the refs. In fact the only call they got right imo was the no goal that was eventually reversed.

Welcome back Mr. Bobby Holik. He played with a lot of jam tonight and it was like a throw back game of sorts seeing that #16 plow down everything in his way.

Mr. Gionta you are a point a game player.

I'll go easy on the Queen cause man did he have no help out there tonight but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy every single one of those goals that went past him. I jokingly asked for 7 or 8 goals before the game and I actually got what I wanted. Didn't think we would need them but I'll take it. Serves his ass right for disgracing our home rink after game 5 last year.

I'm not going to kill Clemmensen either. Those last 2 goals were tough but even Marty gives up stinkers. This is his first taste of the big show and he is going to have games like this. If we get one of these games for every ten like he just played, I'll take that all day. All that matters is that he found a way to stop the puck after it was tied at 5 and came up with a couple of stops after the Devils had regained the lead.

Sorry for the long post but I'm as happy as a pig in sh*t right now. This was a long time coming and even though it's regular season, these games always mean a lot. Hopefully it's becoming clearer now but this is a good Devils team and they're only going to get better as Rolston finds his game. Hopefully Zajac is ok as well.

There will be drinks tonight :koolaid:

i'm still wondering how you massively outplay a team for most of the game and end up with 4 power plays to the opponent's 9.

i'm hoping to read something by TG about zajac - he was definitely cut either by the hit or the fight, but he did play shifts after the fight, didn't he? my guess is precaution about a head injury and hopefully he'll be back soon.

by the way, steve cangelosi needs to leave the air, for the love of god. he is horrible. just horrible. rangers bias all the way.

Thankfully I was at a sports bar and didn't need to hear any of the commentary! Who was that fat dude doing commentary with Daneyko?

That had to be one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. Where was the retaliatory slash call on that guy when Parise got the slash? Unbelievable.

Some of the calls were good. The hold on Rolston, the interference on the Rangers when Rupp was going after the puck...but mostly I just kept going WTF?

Renney finally had the bright idea to put all three offensive players that were worth any sort of a damn on the same line. I tell everyone who watches a Rangers game to look out for 13, 19, and 91, and boy without them I don't know where the hell the Rangers would be.

I know giving up the 4 goal lead was not the best thing to do but I agree with Chico that the way the Devils won this game may have been better overall then just rolling over these guys. Clemmensen had a tough night but it really made me happy to see the guys step it up after the game was tied and pull this one out. Obviously they averted disaster but it really feels like these guys are playing for one another. They are a TEAM and the benefits of that are starting to show.

The officiating was beyond awful. Just a horrible game by the refs. In fact the only call they got right imo was the no goal that was eventually reversed.

Welcome back Mr. Bobby Holik. He played with a lot of jam tonight and it was like a throw back game of sorts seeing that #16 plow down everything in his way.

Mr. Gionta you are a point a game player.

I'll go easy on the Queen cause man did he have no help out there tonight but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy every single one of those goals that went past him. I jokingly asked for 7 or 8 goals before the game and I actually got what I wanted. Didn't think we would need them but I'll take it. Serves his ass right for disgracing our home rink after game 5 last year.

I'm not going to kill Clemmensen either. Those last 2 goals were tough but even Marty gives up stinkers. This is his first taste of the big show and he is going to have games like this. If we get one of these games for every ten like he just played, I'll take that all day. All that matters is that he found a way to stop the puck after it was tied at 5 and came up with a couple of stops after the Devils had regained the lead.

Sorry for the long post but I'm as happy as a pig in sh*t right now. This was a long time coming and even though it's regular season, these games always mean a lot. Hopefully it's becoming clearer now but this is a good Devils team and they're only going to get better as Rolston finds his game. Hopefully Zajac is ok as well.

There will be drinks tonight :koolaid:

Good post bro, spot on in pretty much every regard. I'm giddy myself- this was just a HUGE win for us. I went from wanting to smash the sh*it out of the first object I could find to absolute elation again in a span of about 20 seconds! I'll be in the house tomorrow for dollar dog night against Buffalo- hopefully we can keep it going with Weekes in net!

Missed the domination. Only saw the collapse and then the 3 quick goals.

I know a few guys on this baord wanted to go after Redden. I got to see this guy a lot in Ottawa and he just lost it three years ago, yet the Rangers offered him a deal that was twice as bad as the one Rafalski got. I mean 6 years, 39 million. Thank goodness Lou didn't go after him. I hope his performance tonight showed how bad this guy is. That contract could kill the Rangers long-term, and hopefully no idiot GM helps them out by trading for him.

Now I've been a huge doubter of Zubrus. Never do you see Lou just give 6 years to anyone. Some people saw his as Gomez' replacement and others laughed at the idea. Well a season and a third into his contract he has pretty much replaced Gomez centering Gionta and Elias. And doing a great job during this run I might add.

As for Gionta? How many people are now in favour of re-signing the guy? About three weeks ago you probably wouldn't find a single person on this forum, but he has been outstanding playing with Elias and Zubrus. He seems like a player who just needs to build some chemistry with his linemates and he has found it here.

Lastly, you know Brodeur's ego has been damaged. The team has won 9 out of 10 and they are showing they don't "need" Brodeur to be successful. I'd imagine Marty wanted this team to be in the playoff picture for him to dramatically return. I bet he never saw this. I am not saying we don't need Marty at all, but you know his ego must be going down a bit.

Edited by devilsrule33

Judging by the post-game interview, Zajac looks good to go. He said he was held out for precautionary purposes after he got hit in the face (didn't say if it was a stick or a puck or what). He also said that he expects to play tomorrow. He kinda laughed when it was even asked whether he would play.

i'm still wondering how you massively outplay a team for most of the game and end up with 4 power plays to the opponent's 9.

i'm hoping to read something by TG about zajac - he was definitely cut either by the hit or the fight, but he did play shifts after the fight, didn't he? my guess is precaution about a head injury and hopefully he'll be back soon.

Zajac was interviewed on the post-game and said he was fine- just a deep cut and a fat lip. He didn't return as a precaution.

Didn't read the thread, just throwing my 2 cents of happiness(well it'll be annoyance because the happiness is obvious) in.

1 cent) how does Toronto overule that kicking motion when the ref definitively waived it as no goal? The Devils have done way less with their skates and had goals waived off before with the ref making no call either way.

2 cent) How does Parise get slashed on a breakaway and no call and they call a phantom holding away from the puck 30 seconds later? That was a bad reffing microcosm.

Missed the domination. Only saw the collapse and then the 3 quick goals.

I know a few guys on this baord wanted to go after Redden. I got to see this guy a lot in Ottawa and he just lost it three years ago, yet the Rangers offered him a deal that was twice as bad as the one Rafalski got. I mean 6 years, 39 million. Thank goodness Lou didn't go after him. I hope his performance tonight showed how bad this guy is. That contract could kill the Rangers long-term, and hopefully know idiot GM helps them out by trading for him.

Now I've been a huge doubter of Zubrus. Never do you see Lou just give 6 years to anyone. Some people saw his as Gomez' replacement and others laughed at the idea. Well a season and a third into his contract he has pretty much replaced Gomez centering Gionta and Elias. And doing a great job during this run I might add.

As for Gionta? How many people are now in favour of re-signing the guy? About three weeks ago you probably wouldn't find a single person on this forum, but he has been outstanding playing with Elias and Zubrus. He seems like a player who just needs to build some chemistry with his linemates and he has found it here.

Lastly, you know Brodeur's ego has been damaged. The team has won 9 out of 10 and they are showing they don't "need" Brodeur to be successful. I'd imagine Marty wanted this team to be in the playoff picture for him to dramatically return. I bet he never saw this. I am not saying we don't need Marty at all, but you know his ego must be going down a bit.

You might be right about that, but in the end it's Marty. He and the team both know how important he is and what he means to the past and future success of this franchise. Both he and the team both know we're not winning without him in the playoffs. If anything, he lost his license to command playing 78 freakin' games a year and that's it.

Didn't read the thread, just throwing my 2 cents of happiness(well it'll be annoyance because the happiness is obvious) in.

1 cent) how does Toronto overule that kicking motion when the ref definitively waived it as no goal? The Devils have done way less with their skates and had goals waived off before with the ref making no call either way.

2 cent) How does Parise get slashed on a breakaway and no call and they call a phantom holding away from the puck 30 seconds later? That was a bad reffing microcosm.

This was one of the most poorly-officiated games I've seen in a long time. That slashing call on Langenbrunner? Interference on Holik? The hold on Mottau? All extremely weak calls. And Parise basically gets punched in the head behind the play, he reacts by slashing Voros and Voros slashes him right back ... only Parise gets a call?

Weak.

But we won, so it's all good.