New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

insidepghsports.com twitter

http://twitter.com/I...tus/21920192848

Framework of deal between Kovalchuk, Devils believed to be finalized. Some in the know hinting deal will be 12-13 yrs in range of $84-$91MM

That means a cap hit somewhere in the $6.5-7.6M range. Low end, it's a ridiculous bargain and the 26th-highest cap hit in the league. High end, his cap hit is 8th-highest in the league, approximately $100k more than Chara, Heatley and Gaborik.

I could live with that.

insidepghsports.com twitter

http://twitter.com/I...tus/21920192848

Framework of deal between Kovalchuk, Devils believed to be finalized. Some in the know hinting deal will be 12-13 yrs in range of $84-$91MM

Not to poo poo this, but this guy was not good with Kovy stuff:

Talk from league contacts, Kovalchuk's deal is in the range of $127.5 million over 17 yrs, with a cap hit in the mid $7 million range. 3:31 PM Jul 19th via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Kovalchuk deal under $130 million over 17 years. Sources deny its even close to the reported $150 million. Monday, July 19, 2010 3:24:53 PM via Twitter for BlackBerry®

# However, anyone connected with Rangers say they're not in it. Monday, July 05, 2010 12:44:44 PM via web

# If there's a sleeper in the mix. contacts believe it's Rangers who many believe have been Kovalchuk's top choice since 2010 tradedeadline Monday, July 05, 2010 12:43:17 PM via web

Ah balls, this is Inside Pittsburgh Sports? Bleh. Weren't they the same ones saying Therrien was gonna be our next coach?

Yes, they said there was a signed deal they were just waiting like 2 weeks to release the deal. Again, being the Internet, people got really mad if anyone questioned InsidePitt's reliability as a source. Therrien was a given due to IPS.

Per source close to Therrien, MT is heading to NJ and has accepted a three year offer with announcement to come next week after finals. 4:28 PM Jun 6th via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Devils asked permission (granted) to speak to Therrien on May 21 and he has been Devils top target since they began search late that week. Monday, June 07, 2010 1:29:23 PM via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Edited by Devils731

I bought that one hook, line and sinker, because I'm pessimistic. Was a well crafted rumor, with the exception it was TOTAL BULLsh!t. Hell, Therrien was fired out of the organization. He didn't even get a scout gig.

HOLY BRAINDAMAGE BATMAN. I'm confusing my sh!tty francophone coaches.

Edited by maxpower

Yes, they said there was a signed deal they were just waiting like 2 weeks to release the deal. Again, being the Internet, people got really mad if anyone questioned InsidePitt's reliability as a source. Therrien was a given due to IPS.

There should be some sort of punishment for this kind of reckless rumor-mongering. If this is another swing and miss on IPS's part, who do we need to contact to get their Primanti priveleges revoked?