Rumor from Russian hockey writer: Kovy considering staying in KHL

JWomp

I completely agree. But people around here make it seem like Zach was just dominating and that him leaving makes us a bad team. He worked his ass off every night but he isn't a game changer. Plain and simple. During his time as a devil how many playoff series can you say that he was dominant? 1? And that one would be the Tampa bay series in 07

Of course, he is not the difference maker type player but he made the team better and nobody can deny that. Parise is the type of guy everyone needs for the regular season.

All we need to do is improve from this point on and get into the playoffs and anything can happen.

Edited by Zubie#8

I completely agree. But people around here make it seem like Zach was just dominating and that him leaving makes us a bad team. He worked his ass off every night but he isn't a game changer. Plain and simple. During his time as a devil how many playoff series can you say that he was dominant? 1? And that one would be the Tampa bay series in 07

He wasn't dominating and his absence doesn't make us a bad team, but the people who think that way are overreacting just as much as the people who think he wasn't a great player.

For the record, I think we will be fine.

He wasn't dominating and his absence doesn't make us a bad team, but the people who think that way are overreacting just as much as the people who think he wasn't a great player.

For the record, I think we will be fine.

I think we will be fine also. And I wasn't saying he wasn't a great devil either. I just think that there were probably 8 or so other players on the team that played better then Parise in the playoffs. There is a hole to fill for sure but I think if we can retain our players this upcoming off season then that hole will be filled by next season either through a trade or from young players (mainly henrique).

I think we will be fine also. And I wasn't saying he wasn't a great devil either. I just think that there were probably 8 or so other players on the team that played better then Parise in the playoffs. There is a hole to fill for sure but I think if we can retain our players this upcoming off season then that hole will be filled by next season either through a trade or from young players (mainly henrique).

It's "than" not "then". You're making a comparison not mentioning something that happened in the past.

Anyway, Parise was probably right behind Kovalchuk as far as effort was concerned.

It's "than" not "then". You're making a comparison not mentioning something that happened in the past.

Anyway, Parise was probably right behind Kovalchuk as far as effort was concerned.

Zach was no doubt in my mind the hardest working player on the team. But that doesn't make him the best or most talented. I think you need players like Parise or Callahan on your team. Players that lead by example. But that work ethic can only get you so far. Zach wasn't dominant in the playoffs, and while I wouldn't say kovy was either he was playing with a serious injury and still out produced a healthy Parise.

I thought the KHL reported earlier today that all NHL contracts will be honored, now they say this?

I was confused about that as well.

Seems like the KHL really wants players like Kovy to stay with them, and now are saying they will stop at nothing to do so...

I'm looking at TG's twitter for all this info btw...

Why... why do we Devils fans have to go through sh!t all the time! seems like for the last few years all we did was sitting back waiting, super nervous about "something"... kovy to sign... zach to sign... zach for arbitration... financial problems to be resolved...lou to make moves... playoffs (fun part but still nerve racking)...zach to re-sign... lockout... kovy to come back or not ?....

i cant wait to fvcking just sit back and relax and enjoy hockey

Edited by SterioDesign

Zach was no doubt in my mind the hardest working player on the team. But that doesn't make him the best or most talented. I think you need players like Parise or Callahan on your team. Players that lead by example. But that work ethic can only get you so far. Zach wasn't dominant in the playoffs, and while I wouldn't say kovy was either he was playing with a serious injury and still out produced a healthy Parise.

Parise had to play with a hobbled Kovalchuk while Kovalchuk got to play with a healthy Parise. Kovalchuk had 1 even strength goal that was into a full net for the entire playoffs. I'm working on 'advanced' stats for the playoffs, but Parise did very well in that regard.

Parise had to play with a hobbled Kovalchuk while Kovalchuk got to play with a healthy Parise. Kovalchuk had 1 even strength goal that was into a full net for the entire playoffs. I'm working on 'advanced' stats for the playoffs, but Parise did very well in that regard.

Zach didn't play the entire playoffs on a line with kovy though. I would say the majority of the playoffs they were together but I think they were split up for the flyers and some of the rangers series. I could be wrong though. Either way I don't think Zach's playoff performance was a product of the way kovy played (good or bad). I just think Zach was never a game changer in terms or big goals or big assists or anything. I think the best Zach moment of the playoffs was when he chased down that Florida player in game 6 which ended up contributing to Zajac's OT winner.

If the KHL is really serious about trying this stuff then I hope they're positive that they'll be a viable entity for along time. If not they're going to put future players careers in jeopardy. I mean who the hell is going to want to take a risk at signing a Rusian player in the future if this happens?

I'm sorry no way Lou lets him do what he wants he will never play in a Devils jersey again if he does not cut the crap and honor his contract.

Let him stay just his attitude stay in mother Russia and play with Putin. This pisses me off.

with all those statements coming out and hearing Kovy himself not re-assuring that he doesnt know 100% if he'll be back... scaring the sh!t out of me, real nervous now

but LETS SAY he would indeed walk... do you think Bettman would be kind enough to give us back our first round pick considering the situation? serious question.