Should the New Jersey Devils Consider Going After Alexander Semin?

NewarkDevil5

Reading various rumors that Semin wants $8M per. Nothing substantial or verifiable, but the asking price may be whats holding up him signing anywhere.

If that is the case, I want some of what he is smoking! I would love to see the Devils sign him at a cap hit of $6-7/Mill per year for 4 or 5 years. Seems like Mr. Semin should pack his bags for Russia and head to the K....

Edited by ThreeCups

If that is the case, I want some of what he is smoking! I would love to see the Devils sign him at a cap hit of $6-7/Mill per year for 4 or 5 years. Seems like Mr. Semin should pack his bags for Russia and head to the K....

Yea, that $8M asking price seems like a bunch of BS. The most tangible rumors are of him signing with the Pens for a year. There's just nothing really concrete about him out there. At least with the Doan rumors some of them are coming from legitimate sources. The Semin stuff is far less believable.

Any links or quotes? Because "various sources" probably just means 13 year olds who play NHL12 and paid him that much cuz he has a 93 rating on his wrist shot.

Just Twitter people talking about it. I tried to trace it to the source, but could find nothing.

People on twitter post regularly about their bowl movements. Unless it's a confirmed source, I don't know why members (not you, I don't want you to think I'm calling you out because you mentioned it was just sh!t twitter) post this sh!t as if it's a legit source. If I create a twitter and post "Semin in NJ today, walked out of the prudential center with a big grin on his face #Semin #NHLDevils, I absolutely gaurentee it gets posted 40 times on this site. It's idiotic.

I get you on that, I was just posting what I read. Its hard to take stock in anything Semin right now.

legit?

No.

People on twitter post regularly about their bowl movements. Unless it's a confirmed source, I don't know why members (not you, I don't want you to think I'm calling you out because you mentioned it was just sh!t twitter) post this sh!t as if it's a legit source. If I create a twitter and post "Semin in NJ today, walked out of the prudential center with a big grin on his face #Semin #NHLDevils, I absolutely gaurentee it gets posted 40 times on this site. It's idiotic.

I might see if this works.