Peter Harrold re-signed

SterioDesign

per RenLavoie 

Peter Harrold signe un contrat de deux ans avec les Devils. 800 000$ par saison. Contrat à un volet. #RDS

very nice, i know he's playing a limited role but i really like him

so 2 years 800k per season

still not reported by TG but this is legit

Edited by SterioDesign

Glad he's back. Such a solid and versatile 7th dman. Excellent to have around if we have injuries at defense and even offense.

Or if we trade one of our retard overpaid D :P just kidding....

But we can now trade one of our Defence to try one of our young blood of the AHL. If it doesnt work out Harrold will be there as a safety... if not he will pllay when injury occur (likely salvador)

i'm REALLY hoping we can get rid of Volchenkov somehow. We simply can't have Volchenkov at 4.2m + Volchenkov at 3.1m doing the same job and not producing at least a liiiittle. All our other dman are somewhat producing and are as good defensively (maybe not bringing the same toughness but Volchenkov can barely handle the puck. If the 8dmen caroussel and injuries here and there showed us anything last season, its that we can survive with A-Train out no problem. 

right now this is what we're looking at (i put Elias at the same cap hit for now we'll see if its less its more space for us and guesses henrique at 1.5 and JJ at 900k.) 

FORWARDS
Adam Henrique ($1.500m) / Andrei Loktionov ($0.725m) / Ilya Kovalchuk ($6.667m) 
Patrik Elias ($6.000m) / Travis Zajac ($5.750m) / Mattias Tedenby ($0.600m) 
Stefan Matteau ($0.925m) / Jacob Josefson ($0.851m) / Dainius Zubrus ($3.100m) 
Ryan Carter ($0.775m) / Stephen Gionta ($0.563m) / Steve Bernier ($0.775m) 
Krystofer Barch ($0.750m) / 
DEFENSEMEN
Anton Volchenkov ($4.250m) / Henrik Tallinder ($3.375m) 
Bryce Salvador ($3.167m) / Andy Greene ($3.000m) 
Mark Fayne ($1.300m) / Adam Larsson ($0.925m) 
Peter Harrold ($0.800m) / 
GOALTENDERS
Martin Brodeur ($4.500m) 
Cory Schneider ($4.000m) 
Johan Hedberg ($1.400m) 
OTHER
Buyout: Trent Hunter ($0.667m) 
Buyout: Eric Boulton ($0.250m) 
------
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $56,613,000; BONUSES: $82,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $7,769,500

we'll likely have Moose's salary completely gone if we can trade him or we'll buy him out with a regular buyout i'd guess. It would be $0.467m against the cap if we buy him out. (no point of using one of our compliance buyout for so little) lets keep them and see next summer or maybe A-Train this summer

Edited by SterioDesign

i simply can't see him playing out his whole contract so why not buy him out now and give him a chance somewhere else? Our kids will never have room to play if we let our vet play out thir contract anyways. they'll have to get NHL experience at some point, either to up their value for a package or just to finally get them here. 

i still think for the right price we should re-sign Zids... he brings something none of the other D were bringing... 

Good re-signing.  Not in love with 2 years but that's how it was going to have to be - guys like this probably have more teams calling them now that cap space is going to be an issue.

Buying out Volchenkov seems to me a non-starter, he's due too much money.  If they buy him out they will leave that as dead space.  Trading Tallinder seems like the solution at least for this season.

he is kind of costly 3 more seasons at 4,250,000 .. he keeps playing how hes been he definently needs to get dumped for that money.. not sure where that was justified.. but then again not sure where zajacs contract was justified either in a couple years when hes make well over 6mil for consecutive years.. the guy seriously needs to step his sh!t up and earn that check

Good re-signing.  Not in love with 2 years but that's how it was going to have to be - guys like this probably have more teams calling them now that cap space is going to be an issue.

Buying out Volchenkov seems to me a non-starter, he's due too much money.  If they buy him out they will leave that as dead space.  Trading Tallinder seems like the solution at least for this season.

Its a shame because Tallinder brings a much more solid game to the table.

im still really hoping to see Volchenkov gone, we're way too strapped and tight to keep him at that salary or pay out his whole contract, i really think there's no way he plays it out. They'd save a little buying him out in the long run. The sooner they buy him out the more they save too but of course thats money thrown out of the window but those are sacrifices you have to make sometimes. Not being able to bring back a dman who can score or scratching Larsson half the season just cause A-Train is taking a roster spot is a fvcking shame. i know salary and real money is the problem, not the cap but still.

this is what im really hoping, gives us room for a first or 2nd line RW and it gives Matteau another year of development.

FORWARDS
Adam Henrique ($1.500m) / Andrei Loktionov ($0.725m) / Ilya Kovalchuk ($6.667m) 
Patrik Elias ($6.000m) / Travis Zajac ($5.750m) / Dainius Zubrus ($3.100m) 
Mattias Tedenby ($0.600m) / Jacob Josefson ($0.900m) / Steve Bernier ($0.775m) 
Ryan Carter ($0.775m) / Stephen Gionta ($0.563m) / Krystofer Barch ($0.750m) 
DEFENSEMEN
Marek Zidlicky ($2.500m) / Henrik Tallinder ($3.375m) 
Bryce Salvador ($3.167m) / Andy Greene ($3.000m) 
Mark Fayne ($1.300m) / Adam Larsson ($0.925m) 
Peter Harrold ($0.800m) / 
GOALTENDERS
Martin Brodeur ($4.500m) 
Cory Schneider ($4.000m) 
OTHER
Buyout: Trent Hunter ($0.667m) 
Buyout: Eric Boulton ($0.250m) 
Buyout: Johan Hedberg ($0.467m) 
Buyout: Anton Volchenkov ($0.000m) 
------
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $53,054,167; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $11,245,833

Edited by SterioDesign

yeah that was hopeful thinking more than anything haha even at 4.5/5 it leave us with a nice cap space.

I do not see Zid returning, he will just command too much. Its a shame because I am a big Zid fan. We waited years to get a PMD like him.

Only way I see him taking a slight pay cut is the fact Elias will return and they are good friends.

I do not see Zid returning, he will just command too much. Its a shame because I am a big Zid fan. We waited years to get a PMD like him.

Only way I see him taking a slight pay cut is the fact Elias will return and they are good friends.

maybe juste mayyyyybe depending how how long elias re-sign that we could have him cheaper but would have to offer an extra year which most people won't be a big fan of... but i could see Zid wanting to finish his career here with Elias. Gotta think that out of all teams in the league he said he'd want to play here when he was still in Minny. Who knows... 

Can't quibble too much as long as Deboer doesn't overuse him and force him into situations where he can't succeed.  Deboer clearly took a liking to him.

I'd be stunned if Tallinder is back next season.  Hopefully Lou can find a taker.  I'd be stunned if Buffalo didn't have at least a mild interest in him again considering it's just a 1 year commitment and just to see if he can help right Myers a bit as a last resort.

Someone is definitely getting moved from the D-corps and it's looking really unlikely Zidlicky is coming back, otherwise I'd expect to see someone else like Fayne possibly getting dealt too on top of a Tallinder.

Should be an interesting week ahead.