Any SOUTH Jersey fans??

Shapeshift

Well, I've already introduced myself, but now I'm wondering if there are any South Jersey fans floating around on here? I've been living in the Philly burbs for about three years now and obviously, haven't seen many Devils fans around here. Heck, I live about 2 miles from the Flyers Skate Zone in Voorhees now.... :puke:

We may be moving back to North Jersey if the prices dip a little more, but until then...here I am. Any other fans in the area?? I think it's TOTAL BS that I live in NJ and can't get the NEW JERSEY Devils without Center Ice!! Is that just wrong or is it me?!?

Preach it brother!

I've been in the South Jersey sticks for about 9 years now.

:soap: Eagles this, Flyhers that, Phillies blah blah blah... :puke: Philthy sucks. :rant:

Well, I've already introduced myself, but now I'm wondering if there are any South Jersey fans floating around on here? I've been living in the Philly burbs for about three years now and obviously, haven't seen many Devils fans around here. Heck, I live about 2 miles from the Flyers Skate Zone in Voorhees now.... :puke:

We may be moving back to North Jersey if the prices dip a little more, but until then...here I am. Any other fans in the area?? I think it's TOTAL BS that I live in NJ and can't get the NEW JERSEY Devils without Center Ice!! Is that just wrong or is it me?!?

I think my name qualifies me for this thread.....

Live in a town at the foot of the Del Mem Bridge so I'm as far south and west as you can get and still be in NJ. Invested in CenterIce and it is definitely worth it otherwise you are right...very few NJ games which sucks--which state are we in after all?

You will come to love taunting the Phailure fans though--their team can't win a championship (could barely win a game last year) and they get sooooo pissed off about it. We were 7-0-1 against them last year and picking on my Phailure fan friends and co-workers was great fun. Looks like it will be tougher this year but we'll be OK.

I can't say that I'm a fan of south Jersey. :P

My mom used to live in Collingswood in Camden county. Talk about Phailure country. Whenever I did see someone wearing a Devs hat/shirt/jersey I would make sure I gave them the "thumbs up"! :evil:

Edited by Shapeshift

yeah my sister lives down there near A.C. now and she's got my 7 yr old nephew running around saying 'Flyers stink!' and 'Eagles Stink!' Kinda funny really.. she turned her new b/f into a Devils fan too! She's mad too about not being able to watch the games on regular cable channels. I think they listen via internet streaming or something. I'll tell you though.. she finds more team merchandise down there in stores though! It's scarce up here... or maybe I don't know where to look.

Well....I consider AC to be not as extreme as around here. I'm about 10 miles from Center City Philly, in the belly of the beast. I've always thought of NJ as four parts - North, Central, South, and The Shore. But yeah, I guess in AC and all of the southern shore spots, it's all Philly there. I will get Center Ice, but I'm holding off until the home opener. Until then, I'm internet radio streaming...

Don't let your nephew ever go to the Linc saying those things!!!!!!

As for the merch, I lived up in your neck of the woods and I always thought Devils stuff was reasonably accessible. I think hockey in general lags behind other sports though. Personally, I'm an online guy. If I need it, I go right to the source and find my size and exactly what I want.

Some of you guys make it seem like you're gonna get shot for wearing Devils stuff. The worst you get is a dirty, yet clueless, look or some moron yelling, "Devils suck". To which I respond, "Wow. Did it take you all day to come up with that?" It really pisses them off. LOL

Honestly, It really could be worse. At least people are paying attention. There was a time when the Devils were the cute team in Red and Green. So, my friends, wear your Devils gear proudly!! It's not your fault that the majority chooses the cheer for a team over the river, where the murder rate grows day by day and the only teams that win are indoor soccer and lacrosse.

Some of you guys make it seem like you're gonna get shot for wearing Devils stuff...

....It's not your fault that the majority chooses the cheer for a team over the river, where the murder rate grows day by day ...

Some of you guys make it seem like you're gonna get shot for wearing Devils stuff. The worst you get is a dirty, yet clueless, look or some moron yelling, "Devils suck". To which I respond, "Wow. Did it take you all day to come up with that?" It really pisses them off. LOL

Honestly, It really could be worse. At least people are paying attention. There was a time when the Devils were the cute team in Red and Green. So, my friends, wear your Devils gear proudly!! It's not your fault that the majority chooses the cheer for a team over the river, where the murder rate grows day by day and the only teams that win are indoor soccer and lacrosse.

I'm a Jet fan. I wear my jersey on occasion. I doubt I'll get nothing more than a snicker. At a Jets-Eagles game, I'll get chanted at or something. I really have more things to do than give a crap about that. You just take it and move on.

True, but that's because hockey is NOT the #1 sport down here. Devils gear will only get you a dirty look. Try wearing a team other than the Eagles in football and you might get a broken beer bottle against the side of your head!

Damn, nice catch. But my point is still true. you're not getting shot for wearing a Devils jersey, at least not in South Jersey or at a game. In Philly, you're getting shot just walking down the street. It doesn't matter what you're wearing. I wont go there unless I'm going to a game. That area is well patrolled on game days.

You are either a politician, or did not think before you typed. :noclue:

Your words seem to mock themselves. Do you believe that the Philthadelphians need a better reason to shoot someone? Think again.

Conundrum there, no?

Damn, nice catch. But my point is still true. you're not getting shot for wearing a Devils jersey, at least not in South Jersey or at a game. In Philly, you're getting shot just walking down the street. It doesn't matter what you're wearing. I wont go there unless I'm going to a game. That area is well patrolled on game days.

Shot? Maybe not... though they do spit at you and throw crap at you. Probably the worst behaved fans in the country.. or maybe a tie with Boston.. I went to a Van Halen show earlier this month and wondered if I'd have smashed windows on my car when I came out cuz I had Devils stuff on the back window. Bunch of sore losers if you ask me!

I've been to alot of games at road arenas and rarely dealt with anything all that bad. Maybe I've been lucky. But I'm not surprised that Philly is the worst. The security at their stadiums is almost non-existent. Honestly, i dont get it. I LOVE sports. I go to anything from the big 4 sports to indoor lacrosse and college soccer. But I dont take it as seriously as Philly folks. Maybe it's because there absolutely nothing else that's even worth mentioning in that city. It's a disaster. It goes as far as the city government spending money on celebrating a NL East championship instead hiring a cop or 2 to stop the savages that live there from killing each other. (steps off soapbox).

Shot? Maybe not... though they do spit at you and throw crap at you. Probably the worst behaved fans in the country.. or maybe a tie with Boston.. I went to a Van Halen show earlier this month and wondered if I'd have smashed windows on my car when I came out cuz I had Devils stuff on the back window. Bunch of sore losers if you ask me!