Game Thread: Albany vs. Bridgeport Sountigers

Fidgetess

The Albany River Rats (18-27-5-5) face off against the Bridgeport Soundtigers (24-27-1-1) in an Eastern Division showdown at the Pepsi Arena tonight at 7:30. The Rats are coming off a tough 5-3 loss at the hands of the Binghamton Senators last night. Ahren Nittel kicked off the scoring for the River Rats by recording his 14th goal of the season, and Pascal Rheaume added two goals. Ari Ahonen stopped 26 of 30 shots. Bridgeport defeated the Hartford Wolfpack last night in overtime by a 2-1 score. Brendan Yarema broke a scoreless tie in the 3rd period, and Chris Campoli picked up the overtime game winning goal. Dieter Kochan made 27 saves to pick up his 12th win of the season.

The Links:

Rats' stream - http://www.live365.com/stations/albanyrive...albanyriverrats

Soundtigers' stream - http://www.futuremediaworld.com/tigers.htm

Live AHL scoreboard - http://www.theahl.com/SlamScoreboard/ahl-frameset.html

Let's go Rats!

I hear crickets :lol:

Score's 2-2 midway through the second, two goals in the first two minutes of the game (one by each team), an Albany goal in the final minute of the first gave them a 2-1 lead, Bridgeport got the last goal to tie. Philman and Magowan with the Rats goals. Clemmensen in net.

If I'm not doing anything later I'll update the third period.

Note to self: Do not get a life on game nights. :ph34r:

And just as I open this page, the Rats SCOOOOOOOOOOOOORRREE!!!!!!1112

It's a power-play goal! (reference to Sam Rosen deleted :evil: )

Dean McAmmond from Ken Magowan and Zach Parise at 9:19.

:rant::clap::clap::rant::rant::clap:

Edited by Rowdyfan42

I think it's the 4-on-4 that's screwing the Rats/Devils up. Ever since the league went to that, the Rats have played the OT like a penalty kill, trying to prevent the goal instead of trying to score the goal.

This was a game the Rats could have (should have?) easily won, but it just wasn't meant to be. We seem to have a problem playing the second period. We had 6 shots in the middle period, an improvement from last night's second period total of 2 shots.

What else can I say except go get 'em in Hershey!

I don't know if he used those exact words (he may have left off "in this overtime session", although it's a phrase he uses often in OT), but Scherzer frequently updates the listeners on which direction each team is skating. He thinks it's helpful, but it drives us crazy.

Edited by Rowdyfan42