35 replies to this topic

#1 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:05 AM

A source said Hedberg agreed to a two-year deal that gives him a slight raise from his salary of $1.25 million last season. The deal also includes a full no-trade clause—as did his previous two contacts with the Devils.

src

Can't edit the title but TG now confirming it's 1.4m over the 2 years.

Edited by squishyx, 02 July 2012 - 10:07 AM.

#2 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

Here's to our 83 year-old goaltender.

Edit: 'Scuse me. 79 right now. Not even 80!

Edited by Risky, 02 July 2012 - 10:07 AM.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#3 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

$1.4 mil a season...slight raise.

Edited by Z-Man, 02 July 2012 - 10:08 AM.

#4 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

:moose: :moose: :moose: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Love love love the Moose. This gives our young guys more time to develop.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#5 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

The Devils must really be high on Wedgewood then... Locking up Marty and Moose for two years says the chair is there waiting for you, Son.

#6 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,368 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

Pretty much tells you what LL thinks about the goalies in the system...guess he thinks anyone who has a shot is at least a year away, but more likely two.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#7 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,094 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

The Devils must really be high on Wedgewood then... Locking up Marty and Moose for two years says the chair is there waiting for you, Son.

My thoughts exactly. One more year for Wedge in juniors followed by a year in Albany is what I'd guess the plan is. After that, who knows?

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#8 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,555 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

Pretty much tells you what LL thinks about the goalies in the system...guess he thinks anyone who has a shot is at least a year away, but more likely two.

I think this is more lockout protection for these guys. I think it would be pretty foolhardy to assume that any of the prospects will be NHL-ready this year.

RSC: Wedgewood isn't going back to juniors this year.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#9 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

Old-Time Goaltending since 1972.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#10 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

New HairColoring Ad: Just for Goalies
It's the whiskey talking.

#11 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

I think this is more lockout protection for these guys. I think it would be pretty foolhardy to assume that any of the prospects will be NHL-ready this year.

Well given the combined ages of the goaltenders, I think it's pretty safe to assume that one of the prospects will be called up this year and next. Whether it's for a length of time where they actually must play a game or two, who knows.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#12 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,717 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

My thoughts exactly. One more year for Wedge in juniors followed by a year in Albany is what I'd guess the plan is. After that, who knows?

Wedgewood, Frazee, Kinkaid, and Clermont will be playing in the AHL or ECHL. According to what Lou said right after the draft, who plays where will be up to them. Sounds like he's gonna throw them in a room with a pointy stick like Joker did in the Dark Knight and see which one comes out.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#13 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

I think even after this past season Moose has become my all time favorite backup......

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#14 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

Mooooooooooooose!

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#15 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#16 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,094 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

Even better, I guess. Two years of professional experience and then it's between Wedge/Kinkaid/Frazee

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#17 Spud387

Spud387

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

Woohoo!

#18 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

I really like Moose! I am glad he is staying. :moose:

815631765.gif

#19 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

Very happy for Johan! :moose: :moose: :moose:

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#20 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:06 AM

I think he's a great team guy too, just the perfect backup. Hopefully he can cover for Marty's inevitable slow start like he did this past season.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users