Matteau defends his goalie

Matteau#32

I liked the Sens fans and the Sabres fan, both quality posters but I'll also agree to disagree with you about the current state of other teams fans on this message board. It's a Devils board after all and having all Devils fans isn't a bad thing. Personally I'd be happy with never having any Rangers fans on this board because I have no use for them.

And when it comes to disrespecting Matteau, I was the one who started telling him to get the fvck off here because I watched him do his same trolling nonsense back in 2006 and in 2008 and I knew he was going to do the same stuff in these playoffs.

All this proves is that you've been trying to dictate who should and shouldn't be allowed to post here for years.

Matteau's been a quality member ever since he got here. Granted, he usually only shows up when the Rangers are involved, but what else would you expect from a Rangers fan? (Similarly, Eztarget's not a bad guy for a Flyers fan, and he only shows up when we're playing the Flyers.) He got a little annoying this year, but I think that was mostly a response to people who were trying to play board police and run off all non-Devils fans.

Derek was an okay guy, but he melted down too often, especially toward the end of his tenure here. He was ripped by Rangers fans and Devils fans alike for his almost-neutral analysis of the Devils, and that probably led to most of his meltdowns. Eventually just about everyone turned against him, and we haven't seen him in almost a year and a half.

He got a little annoying this year, but I think that was mostly a response to people who were trying to play board police and run off all non-Devils fans.

Rowdy sees it as I do, I'm quoting it, because perhaps he better articulated the point.

is their an equivalent rangers board i can go on as Henrique2012

Not gonna lie, this post is win.

The problem with Manta isn't that he defended his opinion on Kovalchuk, it's that he shouted it in virtually every thread about the Devils. We all knew his opinion on Kovy but he kept shoving it in our faces when it wasn't even relevant to the discussion, which is a lot different than just defending it.

So basically he was doing a 3-man forecheck on the Kovalchuk issue?

All this proves is that you've been trying to dictate who should and shouldn't be allowed to post here for years.

Matteau's been a quality member ever since he got here. Granted, he usually only shows up when the Rangers are involved, but what else would you expect from a Rangers fan? (Similarly, Eztarget's not a bad guy for a Flyers fan, and he only shows up when we're playing the Flyers.) He got a little annoying this year, but I think that was mostly a response to people who were trying to play board police and run off all non-Devils fans.

Derek was an okay guy, but he melted down too often, especially toward the end of his tenure here. He was ripped by Rangers fans and Devils fans alike for his almost-neutral analysis of the Devils, and that probably led to most of his meltdowns. Eventually just about everyone turned against him, and we haven't seen him in almost a year and a half.

I don't mind eztarget either, like I said I hate rangers fans, all of them. The vast majority always end up trolling here and I have no problem telling them exactly what I think of them. I wasn't the only one, there were several other fans who thought the same thing about matteau and they would have mentioned it eventually anyway.

I'm sorry but I don't live in a world where I want to get along with rangers fans. I have some friends who are rangers fans but their true douchebag always comes out when they start talking about the rangers to me. I was told kings are gonna win in 4.

I have 0 use for their entire fanbase and organization. fvck the rangers, fvck their stupid fans and fvck their entire organization.

Manta's never bothered me with his constant woe posts. He's a very opinionated fan with unique ideas about the direction of the team. It just so happens that his predictions for what would happen have been completely wrong. I don't think he deserves to get run off (if thats how he feels), but at the least he is a fan of the team and wants the best. He just didn't agree with the direction. I love it when fans of the team have different viewpoints. None of us can really change anything alone.

As for Matteau, I've felt from the beginning that he was here to troll. I get that he engaged in intelligent discussion with some of the posters, but he was clearly here to get a rise out of everyone. He was only here to big up the Rags on a Devils board, which is silly and rather annoying. It'd be one thing if he was gracious after losing, instead he disappears. I can't even imagine the "I told ya so" crap he'd be posting now.

Not disappearing. Couldn't bring myself to even turn on my computer on saturday. Yesterday and Sunday, I was out all day.

I don't think of Matteau as a pure troll, but agree that he liked stirring the pot. And I agree 100% that he would've been intolerably brutal had his team won the series. If he had just poked in here to say "Nice series, sucks that we lost, see ya later", I would've been fine with him.

This series was tough to take, but overall the Devils did outplay the Rangers. For whatever reason the Rangers abandoned the all-out shot blocking after game 2, but then didnt try to dictate the pace of the game. To have the comebacks twice only to lose makes it even worse. Overall, can't complain about the season, they did better than I expected back in September. They are a young team. Richards just turned 32, Gaborik and Lundqvist just turned 30, everyone else who plays a major role on this team are under 30. Plus, the Giants just gave me a Super Bowl so I can't get too greedy. Some people have asked if I would trade the Giants Super Bowl for a Rangers Cup, and the answer is no. Enjoy the Finals, and hopefully LA takes it in 4.

This series was tough to take, but overall the Devils did outplay the Rangers. For whatever reason the Rangers abandoned the all-out shot blocking after game 2, but then didnt try to dictate the pace of the game. To have the comebacks twice only to lose makes it even worse. Overall, can't complain about the season, they did better than I expected back in September. They are a young team. Richards just turned 32, Gaborik and Lundqvist just turned 30, everyone else who plays a major role on this team are under 30. Plus, the Giants just gave me a Super Bowl so I can't get too greedy. Some people have asked if I would trade the Giants Super Bowl for a Rangers Cup, and the answer is no. Enjoy the Finals, and hopefully LA takes it in 4.

I give you major kudos for coming back and posting, especially after we had written you off as having disappeared. And for giving the Devils credit for winning the series. No hard feelings here.

The sabes didn't really factor that heavily into this series...Rangers actually seemed to crack the Devils' forechecking scheme, but thankfully the Devils found a way to win Games 5 and 6...I'm guessing the sabes showed the Rangers should've won those games. The sabes probably showed the Devils should've won Games 1 and 3 fairly handily.

But it's official...Matteau#32 is just another clown Ranger fan...knew he'd disappear if/when his team lost. I actually went on hockeysfuture.com (hadn't posted there in years), and some of the Ranger fans there continue to go on and on about how Matteau's goal will always haunt the Devils, how the Devils have never gotten over it...never mind that the Devils have won three Cups and are now playing in their fifth Cup final since the Rangers blew their wad. It's actually mind-boggling how dumb as a whole that fanbase is...it's almost scary.

How is anything official? I am right here.

How is anything official? I am right here.

Read my previous post, but it had been a while since you posted...the signs were pointing to you not coming back.

This is the part that was horse sh!t about your post...

The second part of your post is you're finally starting to figure it out. He won't be back for awhile cause he only comes on here to troll.

We can agree to disagree, I think Matteau is a fvcking idiot blow hard Rangers fan and you like him. We can leave it at that.

Aww shucks, you don't like me. A real shame because I was hoping to invite you over for tea and crumpets later.

Read my previous post, but it had been a while since you posted...the signs were pointing to you not coming back.

I read them, don't jump to conclusions, you are usually one of the more if not most level-headed people on this site. Was out all day yesterday and sunday, and saturday? Well, couldn't even bring myself to turn on my tv let along deal with any message boards, devils, rangers, giants, nothing.

LOL good point.

I couldn't be happier that the Devils were the team to knock that franchise and its piece-of-sh!t fans (most of 'em, anyway) into oblivion. To have to see them turn the clock back to '94 yet again, and act as though everything that has happened since they bought their Cup is somehow irrelevant or nonexistent...I was actually starting to become indifferent to Ranger fans, but I have been fully reminded of what a truly annoying bunch of unintelligent blowhards they really are. They remain as predictable as ever...calling the Devils the "Debbies", spewing all their other lame quips they just think are so witty and hilarious. That team can't fail enough for me...I can't hate that team and its stupid fanbase enough. fvck the Garden, fvck their coach, fvck the Dolans, fvck Lundqvist, and fvck their idiot fans. All of 'em.

Really? RIIIIIGHT, because Devils fans NEVER do the same exact thing. Call them the Rags, you even have a poster here named Blueskirt, so even bringing that up is just downright ridiculous.

Was out all day yesterday and sunday, and saturday? Well, couldn't even bring myself to turn on my tv let along deal with any message boards, devils, rangers, giants, nothing.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww...

I'm gonna hug ya now...and you can hug me back as long as you need, man. I'm here for ya.

[hug that lasts for X hours]

I wasn't one of the ones jumping on him for the obvious...I was actually trying to have real dialogue with him (which always seems to be futile with a Ranger fan...like Derek, their true-blue colors show eventually). I remember when the Devils gained a 3-2 series lead, I admitted that the series was far from over, and that nothing would surprise me from then on out...one of the scenarios he said wouldn't surprise him was the Rangers winning 5-0 and 6-0 over the last two games...not only is that just assinine, he'd only say something that dumb in an attempt to try to annoy. NJDevs4978 has him pegged...he tries to put forth just enough intellgent ideas to balance the douchier comments he makes (the ones he makes simply for the sake of being a dick...passive/aggressive behavior at its finest). I also told him, if he was basically going to come on here to beat his chest over the series win he was SO sure was coming, that he should at least not disappear should the Devils win. He claimed he wouldn't. He did. So yeah, he's as big a joke as his team is. Whatever respect I had for him is gone.

What are you talking about? I also said I wouldn't be surprised if the Devils won Friday in a blow-out, or if it was a close game either way or even if the Rangers won Friday and then the Devils sunday. You took that the wrong way.

Pretty sure this isn't Matteau's first disappearing act...I can't remember exactly when it was, but I do remember calling him out on vanishing once before.

I did take a hiatus after the 2006 season, but hardly even came on here during the 2008 series. Came on at the end and simply stated it was a good series. Even exchanged pm's with a poster who turned out was sitting in my section for game 5 that year. I was in 232, and he was a guy banging a cowbell and trying to get the section going. That game, the Rangers went up 4-1 (I think) and he kept trying to get the Devils fans back into it. Since then, I will pop on from time to time over the past few years, mainly to be entertained. Guys like Satans Hockey are always good for a few laughs after Rangers-Devils games, regardless of outcome.

Edited by Matteau#32

I don't mind eztarget either, like I said I hate rangers fans, all of them. The vast majority always end up trolling here and I have no problem telling them exactly what I think of them. I wasn't the only one, there were several other fans who thought the same thing about matteau and they would have mentioned it eventually anyway.

I'm sorry but I don't live in a world where I want to get along with rangers fans. I have some friends who are rangers fans but their true douchebag always comes out when they start talking about the rangers to me. I was told kings are gonna win in 4.

I have 0 use for their entire fanbase and organization. fvck the rangers, fvck their stupid fans and fvck their entire organization.

You really should consider professional help. Did a Rangers fan bully you in elementary school?

You really should consider professional help. Did a Rangers fan bully you in elementary school?

*yawn* these comebacks sure are great :rolleyes: I have no interest in responding to you anymore cause I have nothing nice to say to you so I'll do the other members of this board who actually want you around a favor and just skip over your waste of time posts

Matt - you can't defend anything and come out looking a bigger, more controlled morally superior guy.

You have to do the Derek and say either right after the game or the next morning how much the game sucked but how Torts was really right in his press conference. THis didn't work out for whatever reason -- but the team is finally on the right track. Rangers wiped the floor with the Devils during the season and probably will again next. If I were you I'd say Devils are blowing it in LA and the Rangers will be back next year to win the cup plain as the nose on your face. There is just so much positive you can say about the Rangers.... THAT is how the non-troll fan who enjoys the Devils board responds. Just with total honesty - even with homerism. You and Rangersfan lack homerism that Derek proudly announced. Derek gave REAL kudos to the Devils not lip service.

As I ALWAYS quote year in year out -- To live outside the law, you must be honest. You're no troll --but you are to honest. If you honestly think you ARE being honest to us then you're fooling yourself. If you think fvck you why should I be honest -- well then you're a troll yeah?

So work on it - no yelling and finger pointing now -- just be honest. :noclue:

Matteau! I knew ya'd be back! Stick around damn it!

Took him long enough, but better than never coming back at all.

Oh, and the part that kills me most about this series is how it was done. If Brodeur just stood on his head for four games, fine. If Kovalchuck, Parise, Elias went nuts, fine. But, they let the 4th liners dominate the scorecard.

Back to hockey talk...the scoring was pretty balanced...no one really went nuts (Kovy and Zach were at a PPG, but Zach scored 2 ENGs to bloat his total, though both were important), but everyone contributed...offense by committee...Salvador of all players had 5 points in this series, and the fourth line each chipped in 3 points or more. And Brodeur played well enough to win, and more importantly, outplayed the other guy in net overall.

Oh, and the part that kills me most about this series is how it was done. If Brodeur just stood on his head for four games, fine. If Kovalchuck, Parise, Elias went nuts, fine. But, they let the 4th liners dominate the scorecard.

That's not really a knock on how they played. Depth is kind of what wins championships and honestly the Rangers didn't have a lot of it. The Devils won three straight because they were the much better team. It took the Rags 7 games against an ok Capitals team to get to the ECF. What kept the Rangers in it was heart.