2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

devilsrule33

Josefson seemed to be keeping pace too. He made a few tiny mistakes early on but nothing crazy; he found his stride within the line eventually, or so it seemed. I love Patty but I'd say Josefson seemed to be generating more dangerous opportunities for that line than Patty.

Edited by DJ Eco

The trouble wasn't that Josefson wasn't doing much with that line, it was that every other line was doing nothing.

Well he didn't leave much of an impression because Pete moved up Gionta in his place for one shift in the middle of the third. Gionta proceeded to get abused by Sobotka leading to the Blues getting an incredible chance. Later in that shift Salvador took his penalty and the game was over. Luckily, Pete saw enough and put Jacob back...but it shows how little faith or opportunity Pete is giving any of these young guys.

Well he didn't leave much of an impression because Pete moved up Gionta in his place for one shift in the middle of the third. Gionta proceeded to get abused by Sobotka leading to the Blues getting an incredible chance. Later in that shift Salvador took his penalty and the game was over. Luckily, Pete saw enough and put Jacob back...but it shows how little faith or opportunity Pete is giving any of these young guys.

Well, the good news is that if Josefson holds on for 4 or 5 years in Albany and becomes a 'veteran' in Pete's eyes, he'll have a Teflon-coated spot on the roster.

PDB drives me insane.  I don't know what more JJ has to do to earn regular time.

Pete loves his vets too much.

i dont really get it either.. i mean someone screws up and they cut their time cut or they get scratched but then you take salvador who plays like crap game in and game out most of the time and he has a ton of play time

What would Zajac put up with the same linemates as Josefson over those 40 games?

More, because he's a better player.  Josefson's problem is that he doesn't shoot and he doesn't score when he does shoot.  6 goals in 100 games.  That's bad regardless of who you play with, and Josefson hasn't played with chopped liver the whole time he's been here.

He has to score.  He has 4 points in his last 40 games here.

Well HE has to score, but obviously that isn't case for all the players on this team. And I know that you know that there isn't much Gio does better than Josefson.  But with the different standards for different players, then yes, he has to score. 

There is different standards for different players.

Bernier can do some other stuff, but let's be honest - do we want CBGB around anymore Gio and Bernier are FAs...Slot JJ in there and a guy like Sislo and I'm happy. Bernier doesn't do much either.

Zajac put up .44 points per game with Kovalchuk and Jagr the last 3 years getting a large amount of PP time. You put Josefson in the same situation and he would put up similar numbers. 

My only thing with JJ is put him with Brunner and Elias. Those guys should play together and let's keep Zubrus/Zajac/Jagr as a line and see what happens. I'm not sure the kind of possesion they are going to get but it's worth a shot.