FLYERS @ DEVILS, Game 3, 7pm, FSNY

brodeurfanatic

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, what a game. I just got home and this was definitely among the best games I've ever been to. Even though it seemed like I'd never get there considering I had to spend all day on the phone with ticketmaster because I never got my tickets, and we forgot the game started at 7 instead of 7:30, and we had to go through a different exit....the list goes on and on. :blink:

I'm glad they're giving out the thundersticks again. I think they're cool. :P

I was really hoping for Marty to score in the empty net, that would have been great. :pray: Oh well, the win is what the game was being played for, and all that matters is we got it.

Oh yea, I saw CRASHER twice in the concourse during the first intermission. B )

Oh yea, I saw CRASHER twice in the concourse during the first intermission.  B )

Oh mY GOSH - did u get his autograph? hehehe :rofl:

Celebrity sightings are sumthin'..... I dunno if CRASHER could have signed carrying the cappacino and all.... :D

oh yeah thanks for reminding me:

THEY WERE OUT OF CAPPUCCINO TONIGHT

boy the looks at the Mrs Field's stands were NOT good (guess they still mention my

tirade from last year when we lost in OT, when they just ran out of skim mlik :P .. it's

the playoffs... no time for slacking.... but the hot cocoa I tried was not only AWFUL

but it slowed me down and killed my energy... the second and third period coffees

were just .... blah.. but not my ribs oddly hurt... weird :blink: )

hey.. autographs.. that is a neat idea :D

now I don't know if I should go back to cappuccino.. or run with the hot cawfee till

it dies !!! :unsure::noclue:

*edit* I'm ALWAYS on the phone at playoff games... unless i'm calling Ottawa

(which I wasn't).. and no not for Don :P .... I'll usually get off the phone if ya say hi :D

Edited by CRASHER

Thundersticks suck! They were so annoying! :P

I was never so vocal in a 1st Round game before. I was SO pumped for this game, that I just couldn't contain myself during the game. It was great. Too bad only like 14,000 showed up. So sad.

But I gotta say these 7pm start times suck. Along with this weather. I mean there is just traffic EVERYWHERE. Gotta have the start time back at 730 or 8, less traffic on the roads. There's just way too much traffic.

Devils beat the Flyers at their own game tonight, atleast for the first 2 periods. Out checking them and out playing them. If not for Raf and that sh!tTY giveaway on that 2nd goal, it would have been 4-1.

They play the same way the REST of the series, they are going to win. They got to Esche real well. He is very beatable, finally the Devs exposed it. He looked shaky tonight. He just wasn't very good at all.

Marty made that huge save on Primeau in the 3rd, exactly what the doctor ordered, and the Devs immediately came down and scored. Exactly what everyone asked for. There was that one big save he was missing. He looked ready the WHOLE night.

Game 4 needs to be the same.

GO DEVILS!

Hitting was an issue discussed in the pre-game interview of Devils coach Pat Burns. Burns stated that the Devils were not concerned about the physical aspect of the game, quoting a statistic that in game two, the Flyers had 24 hits, and the Devils had 23. While the statistic may be true (no official count of hits are actually made, or at least made public), Burns was lying that hitting wasn

Well...watching a hockey game at school was quite an experience. No real hockey fans and I had to tell my friend Brian to shut up. He kept saying, "They should throw a flag on that play." I kept reminding him that there were no flags. Other than that my friend Caitlin was great support and cheered along with me because hey ...we're both Jerseyans. (And she had a lot of fun picking out the "cute" hockey players) ;)

I called my dad after the second period and apparently he wasn't watching. :blink: He said he had to turn it off after 1-0 because he's REALLLY supersitious and felt like he was bad luck. Hah.

About the game--I don't have much to add except that I was worried about Brodeur int he beginnig stages of the game. I don't know what it is I just feel uncomfortable anytime a Flyer shoots the puck and I usually am confident about Marty. He did seem to gain some more control more towards the end of the game. It was also good to see White hitting some guys. Physical presence needs to be felt.

Excited/nervous for the next game. I really wish I were home so maybe I could actually go and actually watch it on tv--The OC has higher standing then hockey here at school. :rolleyes:

Let this be the hour when we draw swords together. Fell deeds awake. Now for wrath. Now for ruin. And the red dawn!

Now pass that Kool-Aid !!!!! :evil:

-- Who Am I Gamling?

- You are our Section Capt.

-- And do you trust your Section Capt.?

- DevilDan, your men will follow you to what ever end.

--To what ever end.....

Where is the Red Light that was shining?

Where is the Horn that was blowing?

They have passed like zambonis over the frozen lakes

Like mists over the ice.

The Days are drawing in the East

Into shadows....

How did it come to this?

BEAT THE FILTH!

Let this be the hour when we draw swords together. Fell deeds awake. Now for wrath. Now for ruin. And the red dawn!

Now pass that Kool-Aid !!!!!  :evil:

-- Who Am I Gamling?

- You are our Section Capt.

-- And do you trust your Section Capt.?

- DevilDan, your men will follow you to what ever end.

--To what ever end.....

Where is the Red Light that was shining?

Where is the Horn that was blowing?

They have passed like zambonis over the frozen lakes

Like mists over the ice.

The Days are drawing in the East

Into shadows....

How did it come to this?

BEAT THE FILTH!

One Cup to Rule them all, One Cup to find them,

One Cup to bring them all and in the playoffs bind them

In the land of Jersey where the Passaic flows....

All I can say is my luck is holding - I can't post in any game day threads, and now I can't watch the games live.

Sounds like it was a very exciting game, and Elias must have been great!

Did Jamie do anything? Friesen?

Friesen had a breakaway in the first.. not much....

Langenbrunner was kinda quiet, but he's back with Madden and Pando...

I did find it odd that they split Hrdina and Langenbrunner the way they were

tearing it up

you need to post in some Sens threads :D

Thanks for the idea, but I thought you wanted the Sens to win! :lol:

I do.. so I know who you'll be rooting for and I need those hex powers :P

(the brutal irony is I'm not even being selifsh on this one :P )