Battlestar

El Diablo

I finished the series. I'm compulsive! it was like a good book I couldn't put down.

Tyrol is the father of all Canadians! Seriously - he's this hard working loyal guy, who - on a moments notice goes off all insane militant loyal, insane militant self-righteous and the poor guy never gets it right - his trust is ALWAYS misplaced - he's always unwittingly self-loathing even.... he's like a Leaf fan. and you love and forgive him all of it!

So... can anyone guess who my secret crush victim was? not like any of you care :( my husband called it - called who I thought was cute and then who I had the crush on!

What seriously doesn't help is all of his (my husband's) aunts look like Six and the long term girlfriend he was supposed to marry but she was an insane bulimic, looked like Eight. I know Boomer will irritate the hell out of him as he watches (he stopped after the mini series because he needed something cheerier - but he wants to finish the series)

Edited by Pepperkorn

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I finished the series. I'm compulsive! it was like a good book I couldn't put down.

Tyrol is the father of all Canadians! Seriously - he's this hard working loyal guy, who - on a moments notice goes off all insane militant loyal, insane militant self-righteous and the poor guy never gets it right - his trust is ALWAYS misplaced - he's always unwittingly self-loathing even.... he's like a Leaf fan. and you love and forgive him all of it!

So... can anyone guess who my secret crush victim was? not like any of you care :( my husband called it - called who I thought was cute and then who I had the crush on!

What seriously doesn't help is all of his aunts look like Six and the long term girlfriend he was supposed to marry but she was an insane bulimic, looked like Eight. I know Boomer will irritate the hell out of him as he watches (he stopped after the mini series because he needed something cheerier - but he wants to finish the series)

I know this is a different thread but somewhat related:

I like the new Battlestar and Loved ST DS9, but does anyone have a recommendation or thoughts on another old Sci-Fi series called Babylon 5?

My dad liked that one but I never saw it.

I cracked up when I saw Nana Visitors on Battlestar. I saw her as the sick chick and thought I KNOW that person who is it... then in her dream on the boat she was all made up and THEN I knew exactly who she was.

HEY! you didn't guess who I had a crush on :rant: I'm the youngest I love that crap and it's all about ME! Come on! Guess!!

I'm halfway through watching it AGAIN... and I bought the soundtrack CDs.... I think I'm more obsessed :P

I don't do school crushes... can't guess.... sorry!!

I had one theory I figured I'd share here and shake some heads up.....

the voyage of the remade BS-G series, was the 13th Tribe for the ORIGINAL.... all of this has happened before... and all of it will happen again......

It's a little trippy and I've never seen anyone else make the comment.... wonder if anyone else thought that (and a nice lil way to tie the two series together)

not sure I thought that - because I have to admit I dont quite understand your theory... but when Adama says "imagine that, humans developing hundreds of light years away, what are the odds...." of course they're leading you to assume these humans are certainly part of the 13 colonies in some shape or form - NOT just there by chance.

I do wish that Baltar had said "well actually considering what we know of the universe the chances are actually -- blahdee blahdee blah" because in actuality I think we've discovered the chances really may not be that remote... I feel like I saw the calculation somewhere recently -- particularly with all the planets that appear to have the capabilities to sustain life as we know it (i.e. bacteria)

Crasher you're no fun.. you of all people should play high school games <_< THIS is why I so rarely humor you <_< only YOUR games are fun -- yeesh...

;)

actually... there.

After re-reading this, I actually felt I hadn't actually used the word actual or words actually rooted in the actual word actual enough actually. So I actually thought I actually should actually use it one more time in actuality.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Ron Moore was the head writer for Star Trek: DS9 one of the best Sci-Fi series ever (my personal favorite). Its no surprise to me that BSG is such a critcial hit.

REALLY? See now -- right from the start of this I thought THIS is what Deep Space Nine wanted to be.... Star Trek but with everything fvcking up. DS9 never succeeding in going there. I very much feel this is DS9 full realized. You COULD take it one step further and have a full Pegasus series not just the one short episode.

Well here lemme try it again..... the survivors from the new series, that settled and re-named the planet Earth and their journey from the 12 colonies to Earth actually was the journey of the "13th Tribe" for the ORIGINAL Series (the one that had that AWFUL BSG 1980 that I saw on you tube :blink: )

And I like movie soundtracks... this show was like a 5-year movie... what can I say?

And PK it just scares me to crawl into your brain and think like you :P

That's a cute theory!

we need a time jump like the new Star Trek - then re-start the series with the same characters doing the same but different things and some not being cylons etc and so forth.

Are there any decent series out there now? They all started something along too fast and furious on top of one and other so a lot of really good ideas probably got sucked into a void.

Reading Terry Pratchett helps for sure. But it's fun to watch good series TV!

That's a cute theory!

we need a time jump like the new Star Trek - then re-start the series with the same characters doing the same but different things and some not being cylons etc and so forth.

Are there any decent series out there now? They all started something along too fast and furious on top of one and other so a lot of really good ideas probably got sucked into a void.

Reading Terry Pratchett helps for sure. But it's fun to watch good series TV!

I like the idea of connecting the two shows somehow (well besides Richard Hatch :P ).... and it seemed like the best way to do so!!

Man it's hard to reboot a movie as perfectly as Star Trek did......

The only stuff I watch on TV now is South Park and Tough Enough.... so I ain't gonna be of much help till Blood N Chrome is on Sci-Fi.....

GAIUS!!!

GAIUS! I loved GIAUS!

I always feared I was like him in my youth. My female friends always tried to tell me I was --- I'm not though...

I can just hear my old roommate: I'm Laura Roslyn and you're DEFINITELY Giaus Baltar. But being selfish is a good thing! I wish I was more self-centered and superficial like you :)

bitch. but I love her.

--- aside from the drinking... my mother is Saul Tigh :lol:

Edited by Pepperkorn

REALLY? See now -- right from the start of this I thought THIS is what Deep Space Nine wanted to be.... Star Trek but with everything fvcking up. DS9 never succeeding in going there. I very much feel this is DS9 full realized. You COULD take it one step further and have a full Pegasus series not just the one short episode.

I actually agree with that, but it was more of a timing issue. Cable TV did not exist in it's current format in terms of original programing like BSG. The money for Paramount was in syndication on broadcast affiliates at the time of DS9 which meant far greater Broadcast regulations and censorship, plus in order to garner ratings you could not stray too far from the already established ST universe.

DS9 is STILL my favorite series and see BSG as just a logical extension of this with poetic license to re-write characters and not be inhibited by broadcast regulations.

• 1 year later...
DS9 is STILL my favorite series and see BSG as just a logical extension of this with poetic license to re-write characters and not be inhibited by broadcast regulations.

And both shows have Ron Moore's footprint all over them....I'm re-watching DS9 on Netflix almost nightly now with no NHL around and you can see and feel it all over it :)

Now what I really came here for.....coming FRIDAY to a you tube near YOU :wub:

This is better news to me then the lockout ending would be!!!

• 2 months later...

Heh, I plugged the webseries back in October.....but it's debuting on Sci-Fi....SUNDAY NIGHT 8-10

Watch this damn show and pray to hell it becomes a full-out series!!!!

(anyone else watched the Webseries??)

Watched Caprica -- it was pretty excruciating. blah.

The last 5 episodes were REALLY good.....shame they had pulled the damn plug on it by then....it deserved a 2nd season still :rant:

Didn't see Blood n Chrome I take it?

not yet. 

WATCH IT FOR FRAK'S SAKE!!!!!! This movie is probably a feeler (though with Defiance coming out and looking high budget I don't know how many heavy effect shows Sci-FI would put out at once)

Blood and Chrome was excellent.  It was good to see it uninterrupted.  I did watch all the webisodes.  I'd love to see it as a series. :)

I agree fully....it felt nice to be back in that world again....and best....cameo....EVER.....at the end :)

I'm hoping to hell they keep it going, looks like Adama is gonna be some part of the Colonial version of GI Joe and I want to see if they use this series to give Caprica a real sense of closure too.....