Torre, Mattingly, Long to be Hired by the Dodgers?

thefiestygoat

As reported by Abraham: http://yankees.lohudblogs.com/

The Journal News is reporting that Joe Torre will be hired as manager of the Dodgers. The announcement could come as soon as today.

Don Mattingly is in line to join his staff. Torre also is interested in Kevin Long. I suspect Long will stay with the Yankees but he is in demand.

----------------

Best of luck to them if this is turns out to be true. I hope the Yankees can keep Long though. Poor Scott Proctor, he can't escape the wrath of Torre. :doh1:

Wow I didn't think Torre would take a coaching job this year. Good thing for him is it is closer to his hawaii summer retreat.

I dunno, it seems like he isnt ready for hawaii.

If this goes down with all them going out west it will be something interesting to watch

Odds that A-Rod will be a Dodger: 1:1

Odds that the Dodgers will stink anyway - 1:1

Ned Colletti is completely inept. Even if he does manage to land A-rod (for his enormous ballpark - A-rod might not even break Bonds' records in that park and division), that team is still terrible, and will probably make all sorts of other awful moves.

Odds that the Dodgers will stink anyway - 1:1

Ned Colletti is completely inept. Even if he does manage to land A-rod (for his enormous ballpark - A-rod might not even break Bonds' records in that park and division), that team is still terrible, and will probably make all sorts of other awful moves.

Correct me if I am wrong, but how many right handed hitters hit over 40 HR's while playing at Yankee Stadium?

A-Rod is the only one???

Listen, say what you want about A-Rod and his lack of production in the playoffs, but he can hit HR's anywhere and everywhere.

Correct me if I am wrong, but how many right handed hitters hit over 40 HR's while playing at Yankee Stadium?

A-Rod is the only one???

Listen, say what you want about A-Rod and his lack of production in the playoffs, but he can hit HR's anywhere and everywhere.

What great right handed hitters have played at Yankee Stadium? And I'm talking about the new Yankee stadium - not the old one where left center was 435. Danny Tartarbull? Jack Clark? Half the reason why no one hit over 40 HRs is because the Yankees didn't get right handed hitters with that kind of power.

Chavez Ravine is not the kind of place for a home run hitter. Plus he has to play 8 games in Petco Park, another pitcher's paradise.

I don't think the Dodgers have the desire to throw the cash at A-Rod. News Corp doesn't own them anymore. While McCourt is a rich mofo his resources are not limitless.

As for great right handed hitting Yankees, how about Dave Winfield or Gary Sheffield or even at the end of his career, Cecil Fielder.

I don't think the Dodgers have the desire to throw the cash at A-Rod. News Corp doesn't own them anymore. While McCourt is a rich mofo his resources are not limitless.

As for great right handed hitting Yankees, how about Dave Winfield or Gary Sheffield or even at the end of his career, Cecil Fielder.

People are quick to forget Dave Winfield. Too quick.

What great right handed hitters have played at Yankee Stadium? And I'm talking about the new Yankee stadium - not the old one where left center was 435. Danny Tartarbull? Jack Clark? Half the reason why no one hit over 40 HRs is because the Yankees didn't get right handed hitters with that kind of power.

Chavez Ravine is not the kind of place for a home run hitter. Plus he has to play 8 games in Petco Park, another pitcher's paradise.

Dave Winfield?

Edit: Did not read the message$ above

Edited by LOTCB