NFL Week ONE!!

CRASHER

Damn you know I'm ready when i wake up at 830 in the morning for it (not cause I'm some West Coast Fool who has too :lol:)

Anyway... here's the schedule:

Denver vs Buffalo

+ 1:00pm ET

Thing to look for... how soon will Clown give up on the season ?? :lol:

Pittsburgh vs Cleveland

Thing to look for... I think this is a telling one for the Browns and Steelers... we all expect the Browns to suck...but people expected Michigan to be 2-0 also.. now it counts and the same for the Steelers... lets see if they really are going to air it out and how the defense looks....

Philadelphia vs Green Bay

Thing to look for.... Green Bay was ridiculously overrated last year... let's see the Eagles slap them back to Earth!

Kansas City vs Houston

Thing to look for... how long will it take Herm to run LJ into the ground? And are the Texans as improved as people think they are? If so... they gotta win this one!

Tennessee vs Jacksonville

Thing to look for... How will the Titans handle all the changes in the off-season... and how much will the Jaguars make a statement here over who really is the 2nd best team in the divison?

Atlanta vs Minnesota

Thing to look for... over/under on Joey Harrington turnovers... I'll be generous and say 4!

New England vs NY Jets

Stuff to look for.. Will Randy Moss play? Will he be more useful then Wes Welker? How will the Pats defense handle the two key losses in the last week ? Will the Jets show a crappy pre-season is as useless as people think it is (I dunno I worry when certain teams look bad in pre-season, like them and the Chiefs)....or will it all be ok once the kick off is for real?

Carolina vs St. Louis

Things to look for... which Helter Skelter Carolina team is this?? Are my expectations of the Rams validated? Will Masked Fan look stupid for drafting Brian Leonard?? :evil:

Miami vs Washington

Thing to look for ... the clicker!!! Well really... I'm curious about the Redskins and how Jason Campbell is progressing.... the Dolphins are already looking for next year, despite some fan delusions!!

Detroit vs Oakland

+ 4:15pm ET

Thing to look for.. TRAIN WRECK FOOTBALL... damn I will be watching this game HEAVILY this week... I love train wrecks like this!! This should be a fun game too in all honesty... and I hope Kitna gets splattered across the black hole!!!!

Chicago vs San Diego

Thing to look for... Rex Grossman meltdowns... really this one all comes down to THIS!

Tampa Bay vs Seattle

Thing to look for.... Jeff Garcia... if he's what the Bucs think he is... they can be a pain in the ass to the Seahawks... if not this could get ugly!

NY Giants vs Dallas

+ 8:15pm ET

Things to look for... Can Tiki Barber actually talk about the OTHER team in this game? I think we all know what to look for in this one already in all honesty :P

Monday, Sep 10

Baltimore vs Cincinnati

+ 7:00pm ET

Thing to look for.... My Boy Chad Johnson opened his flap before this game:

"Yeah, it's my motto this year, I'm bringing sexy back for this year. It's that Ocho Cinco. It's going to be a beautiful season. Trust me, it's going to be a good year." and Chad went on a nice little tirade on the NFL Network this week about how the Ravens defense stink and they are overrated and he guaranteed his whole offense was gonna stomp a mudhole in them and walk it dry... sounds like a fun game to me!!

Arizona vs San Francisco

+ 10:15pm ET

Thing to look for...which of these teams will get out of the gate and be the darling half the media picked them for... personally I like Arizona a lot this year... should be a fun game worth staying up for!!

And most of all ENJOY THESE FOOTBALL SUNDAYS... they are the bestest !! :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn you know I'm ready when i wake up at 830 in the morning for it (not cause I'm some West Coast Fool who has too :lol:)

Anyway... here's the schedule:

Denver vs Buffalo

Thing to look for... how soon will Clown give up on the season ?? :lol:

LMAO...I like the Broncos in this one. JP Losman has a chance to drive the Bills to a comeback but fumbles as images of Drew Bledsoe emerge to Clown. :lol:

Denver 23

Buffalo 17

Pittsburgh vs Cleveland

Thing to look for... I think this is a telling one for the Browns and Steelers... we all expect the Browns to suck...but people expected Michigan to be 2-0 also.. now it counts and the same for the Steelers... lets see if they really are going to air it out and how the defense looks....

The Browns do suck Crasher. You're nuts. :rofl:

Steelers 31

Browns 10

Philadelphia vs Green Bay

Thing to look for.... Green Bay was ridiculously overrated last year... let's see the Eagles slap them back to Earth!

Newsflash: The Packers aren't as bad as you think. Their D is good and will keep them in games this year. The question is what does Favre have left? I'm tempted to pick the Packers in this one but logic says the Eagles will prevail in a close game.

Eagles 24

Packers 20

Kansas City vs Houston

Thing to look for... how long will it take Herm to run LJ into the ground? And are the Texans as improved as people think they are? If so... they gotta win this one!

This is a tough game to call because as my Chiefs buddy pointed out, his team sucks on the road and isn't all that good. He thinks they could be 2-7 thru nine weeks. When's the last time that happened? I'm going to go with them here though in a tight game.

Chiefs 20

Texans 17

Tennessee vs Jacksonville

Thing to look for... How will the Titans handle all the changes in the off-season... and how much will the Jaguars make a statement here over who really is the 2nd best team in the divison?

Interesting game. But I see the Jags D stepping up here.

Titans 13

Jags 27

Atlanta vs Minnesota

Thing to look for... over/under on Joey Harrington turnovers... I'll be generous and say 4!

LOL...according to my buddy, Joey Harrington is better than Culpepper. :lol:

Falcons 16

Vikings 24

New England vs NY Jets

Stuff to look for.. Will Randy Moss play? Will he be more useful then Wes Welker? How will the Pats defense handle the two key losses in the last week ? Will the Jets show a crappy pre-season is as useless as people think it is (I dunno I worry when certain teams look bad in pre-season, like them and the Chiefs)....or will it all be ok once the kick off is for real?

This should be very tight. Maybe a FG decides it late.

Pats 17

Jets 20

Carolina vs St. Louis

Things to look for... which Helter Skelter Carolina team is this?? Are my expectations of the Rams validated? Will Masked Fan look stupid for drafting Brian Leonard?? :evil:

On paper, it looks like a good game between two teams who should be competing for the playoffs. But the Rams are a very good home team. The Panthers offense might take some time to get going.

Panthers 13

Rams 27

Miami vs Washington

Thing to look for ... the clicker!!! Well really... I'm curious about the Redskins and how Jason Campbell is progressing.... the Dolphins are already looking for next year, despite some fan delusions!!

The Dolphins have an offensive coach but will that mean much? This will be an ugly game to watch.

Dolphins 9

Redskins 15

Detroit vs Oakland

Thing to look for.. TRAIN WRECK FOOTBALL... damn I will be watching this game HEAVILY this week... I love train wrecks like this!! This should be a fun game too in all honesty... and I hope Kitna gets splattered across the black hole!!!!

I could see the offenses doing alright in this. The Lions 1-0?

Lions 31

Raiders 23

Chicago vs San Diego

Thing to look for... Rex Grossman meltdowns... really this one all comes down to THIS!

This should be tight despite Crasher's Rex diss. I'm no fan of his either but that D might keep this close.

Bears 17

Chargers 23

Tampa Bay vs Seattle

Thing to look for.... Jeff Garcia... if he's what the Bucs think he is... they can be a pain in the ass to the Seahawks... if not this could get ugly!

The Bucs just don't impress me much. They could be in for a long year.

Bucs 10

Hawks 31

NY Giants vs Dallas

+ 8:15pm ET

Things to look for... Can Tiki Barber actually talk about the OTHER team in this game? I think we all know what to look for in this one already in all honesty :P

Me-ki Barber shall be silenced tonight as will Crasher.

Giants 27

Cowboys 24

Monday, Sep 10

Baltimore vs Cincinnati

+ 7:00pm ET

Thing to look for.... My Boy Chad Johnson opened his flap before this game:

"Yeah, it's my motto this year, I'm bringing sexy back for this year. It's that Ocho Cinco. It's going to be a beautiful season. Trust me, it's going to be a good year." and Chad went on a nice little tirade on the NFL Network this week about how the Ravens defense stink and they are overrated and he guaranteed his whole offense was gonna stomp a mudhole in them and walk it dry... sounds like a fun game to me!!

The Ravens offense tries but eh. Bengals have too many weapons even for that D.

Ravens 17

Bengals 27

Arizona vs San Francisco

+ 10:15pm ET

Thing to look for...which of these teams will get out of the gate and be the darling half the media picked them for... personally I like Arizona a lot this year... should be a fun game worth staying up for!!

Word of friendly advice to Crasher: Never be high on Arizona no matter what they have. The 49ers are for real.

Cards 17

49ers 31

And most of all ENJOY THESE FOOTBALL SUNDAYS... they are the bestest !! :)

I have no words.

None.

EDIT: Actually I do have some words...first thing on my mind now is the condition of Buffalo Bills TE Kevin Everett...who was carted off the field on an ambulance...very tough to watch...latest update is that Everett has a cervical spine injury and he is in emergency surgery at this very moment.

I am keeping Kevin in my thoughts and prayers, poor kid has had nothing but bad luck since his rookie year, I pray he can walk at this point :pray:

Edited by LOTCB

Poor Buffalo. I just read how they lost now, no timeouts and Denver manages to snap the FG on time?! I don't remember seeing that before, usually it's quicker to spike the ball no?

Jauron plays not to lose, and that was very evident today all game long, especially in the 2nd half.

They have a strong arm QB in JP Losman but yet it seems they keep him under wraps...if that is the case, Id rather have the backup Trent Edwards start because he is much better at the short to mid rang passing game, is smarter, and can make quicker decisions.

I was going to start a thread about the disgraceful behavior of Jets fans, but I saw it mentioned here already. Shameful and stupid, too. Yeah, root for the leader of your team to get shelved, as if Kellen Clemens is taking this team to the next level.

I heard a rumor that some Jet fans were rooting for a car accident with the Jets defensive linemen in it. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jerrydevil

I was going to start a thread about the disgraceful behavior of Jets fans, but I saw it mentioned here already. Shameful and stupid, too. Yeah, root for the leader of your team to get shelved, as if Kellen Clemens is taking this team to the next level.

I heard a rumor that some Jet fans were rooting for a car accident with the Jets defensive linemen in it. :rolleyes:

Holy ****...They can't be worse than Montreal Canadiens fans, or Clevelend Browns fans(Clowns :lol:)

I have one Brown fan friend , and he told me this:

"Our Defense will expose your poor O-line, and your QB will be very pressured, The Steelers are only a flop this year"

After the Browns lost, I went on MSN' and actually I quoted him and just re-showed him what he wrote, I said:

"Hey dude, thanks for describing what'll happen to your team"!!

he was like:"....Oh shut up, When Quinn will be the QB, we'll kill off your team"!

Edited by TravisZajac

Ill take this a step further, NFL fans at games in general are getting more obnixious by the year, Buffalo fans, I can tell ypou first hand, are as rough of not worse the Eagles fans...trust me on that one....something has to be done to change this...I really do not have much of a desire to go to games.unless it is with close friends etc

Ill take this a step further, NFL fans at games in general are getting more obnixious by the year, Buffalo fans, I can tell ypou first hand, are as rough of not worse the Eagles fans...trust me on that one....something has to be done to change this...I really do not have much of a desire to go to games.unless it is with close friends etc

You know what has to be done? Other fans in the stands need to have the stones to say something to these animals. Embarrass them. I realize it's kinda hard, because it sounded like the cheerers of Pennington's injury outnumbered the non-cheerers, given how loud and clear it was on TV.

Pennington was asked about it in the post game, and he put a positive spin on it, saying that he was glad the fans cheered Clemens. But he had to have been hurt by that. Guy pours his guts out on the field and has been a good QB here, and the fans are ready to throw him on the scrap heap. What a slap in the face.

Yeah...I saw some videos on youtube, where some away fans would get booed, pushed off, "YOUR TEAM SUCKS, ECT"

That's why also I have no desire to go to a NFL game,(Unless there's one in Montreal, :uni:, and maybe I would go , If there's some friends with me)And also..It all depends the context, if you show your colors and be a jerk, then some people will start pushing you/saying you suck. I knew a guy who would go to Miami games and had no problems.

I'd say the worst fans in the NFL are..

Eagles,Raiders.(Mostly the Raiders.)Eagles threw snowballs to the Santa Claus back in 2004-2005, and they burned jerseys of T.O last year,Booed him, ect.

Edited by TravisZajac

Football's become as viscerally important in America as soccer is in much of the rest of the world. And if you're a soccer fan you know how prevalent riots and looting are. That's the next step here. Especially when you involve alcohol and younger fans, with higher and higher ticket prices. I was reading a local editorial where some Jet fan wrote he gave up his season tickets after 40 years and didn't so much as get asked why (for the record, he said he wasn't too thrilled with sitting around more and more drunken louts each year).

Not for nothing though, Chad was all class after the game completely taking the fans off the hook. He said hey they cheered when I went in (which is true though at least Vinny got hurt on the road and a Vinny injury was the only way Herm would have ever put in Chad :P), I would hope they'd cheer all the Jet players. You just can't help but root for the guy.

And game-related, you know if the defense had actually made ONE SINGLE frigging stop after it got to 28-14 I felt they could have gotten some momentum off that. But the Pats kept the ball the next ten minutes after Chad's inspirational drive.

Update:

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) - Kevin Everett had surgery Sunday evening, hours after the Buffalo Bills reserve tight end showed no signs of movement after sustaining a severe neck injury in the team's season opener against Denver.

Bills spokesman Scott Berchtold said he was informed by the team's medical staff the player went into surgery at a Buffalo hospital at about 8 p.m. Berchtold said he had no further information, and didn't know whether Everett had shown any signs of movement since he was driven off the field in an ambulance.

Coach Dick Jauron said immediately following the game that the player sustained a cervical spine injury, but wouldn't discuss the severity of the injury.

The player's agent Brian Overstreet was not immediately available for comment.

Everett fell to the ground and never moved after a helmet-to-helmet hit when he tackled Denver's Domenik Hixon during a kickoff to open the second half. Everett was placed on a backboard with his head and body immobilized, and carefully loaded into an ambulance at the Broncos 30.

The game was delayed for about 15 minutes, and the Bills gathered at the sideline while doctors attended to the player.

Everett's injury cast a pall over the Bills following a season-opening 15-14 loss, with several players expressing concern about their teammate.

"It was real hard," cornerback Terrence McGee said. "I watched the whole thing and he never moved. ... It's real sad to see him go off on a stretcher, but we hope he's OK."

"It's real sad," added receiver Roscoe Parrish, who played with Everett at the University of Miami. "When something like that happens to a close friend of yours, and you know how much he loves football, it bothers you."

Denver players expressed concern, including kicker Jason Elam, who kicked the winning field goal as time ran out.

Before taking questions after the game, Elam said: "What we heard is not good, so for our whole team, our prayers go out to him."