2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

nfl_a_sanchez_edwards1x_576.jpg

..well.. well.. well.

What a difference a week makes, eh gentleman? 2 games in the books.. and the laughing-stock Jets are now 1-1. -IN FACT (while we're at it) let's look at some of the other teams that are 1-1 in the Conference, shall we? New England.. Baltimore.. Cincinnati.. Denver.. San Diego.. Indy.. Tennessee.. Jacksonville..

..Get the picture yet? Let the cluster-fvck, that was the AFC last season.. begin again THIS season!

This is why you play the games folks. And this is why you wait 'till (at least) November to make claims. This season for the Jets (and most of the teams in the AFC for that matter) is going to be a dog fight.. up until the very last game. What hurts the Jets is their schedule. What helps the Jets is the parody throughout this Conference. It's okay to have up & down weeks.. because that's how it's going to be for most of the teams in the AFC anyway.

Like I said last Monday.. relax.. breath deeply.. and take it one week at a time. :thumbsup:

----------------------------

Thoughts & Notes from the game:

*The Defense: What can you say? Over the last 2 games: 6 sacks.. 3 interceptions.. 3 forced fumbles.. only 3 touchdowns allowed. Just unreal all around. When the defense plays like their usual selves, and the offense does their job.. this team looks beautiful.

*Sanchez: WOW! 21 for 30, with 3 TD's.. no picks.. 220 yrds.. and a 124.3 QB rating. Message to Schotty sent loud and clear.. TRUST MARK MORE!

*Braylon: He looked great. Simple as that.

*LT: How about that old dog San Diego didn't want anymore? What's his name?? Oh well, anyway.. he's got 140 rushing yrds (on just 22 attempts) over the last 2 games. That's an average of 6.5 yrds per carry. Not bad for what's-his-name huh?

*Folk: I'd like to thank the Dallas Cowboys organization for this one. --17 Points in the last 2 games. I take back everything I said about Nick Folk. Keep it up guy.

..I absolutely can't wait until Sunday, when Peyton beats the ever loving sh!t out of Big Blue.. and all you fvckers can go back into your holes with tails between your legs.

Not so fast...the G-MEN have a shot against the Colts if they can win in a Scorathon.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

..now go back into your hole(s)! B )

Edited by Beezer34

Thought the Pats-Jets game wound up saying far more about the Pats than it did about the Jets. That's not to take anything away from the Jets...their coaching staff made all of the adjustments at halftime, and the Jets executed damn near perfectly in the second half. They did everything they had to to take control of the game and were impressive in doing do.

I've now seen two very good NFL defenses do their thing this season (Ravens and the Jets twice), and NE's D isn't close to being on that level. Pretty much every fear I had about that unit was confirmed yesterday...and suffice it to say Butler will be getting thrown on constantly as long as he's on the field. This is also two straight games that the Pats' D got smoked in the second half, which shows me that one coaching staff is adjusting and one isn't.

And Randy Moss' absurd one-handed catch notwothstanding, for all his big career numbers, it's just not that hard to make him a non-factor...he had a whopping two catches yesterday. Cromartie had no problem picking up where Revis left off...Moss is simply not a tough football player and never will be.

Maybe through more smoke and mirrors the Pats somehow give up less than 300 points, but I think 350+ is more realistic...Peyton has got to be licking his chops...the only way the NE crew stops them is if they fail to execute.

YOU MAD? :lol:

Lucky you'll be there. Hope you and all your little fellow fans get beer and spit thrown at you.

I was at the Raven game on opening night and by some miracle I found myself in a Raven's fan section!!!!

If opening night was any indication once the Jets fall behind their fans are more likely to turn on each other.

I was at the Raven game on opening night and by some miracle I found myself in a Raven's fan section!!!!

If opening night was any indication once the Jets fall behind their fans are more likely to turn on each other.

Once the Jets fall behind, I'm sure all the punk-ass Jet fans that show up will shut their mouths and start heading for the exits. This after talking all week about how they're gonna woop us, I'm sure.

It's big though. Personally because I would hate for them to go 3-0 and being in first. fvck THEM. MUST WIN GAME IN MIA NEXT WEEK. SQUISH THOSE fvckING FISH!!

..this game is big.. NOT due to the fact that the Dolphins would remain an undefeated team. (should the Jets lose) But more because, we would drop to 3rd in the Division.

Think about it.. there is no way in hell the Bills beat the Patriots next week. Therefore, if we were to lose on Sunday.. the AFC East ranking would be; *3-0 Fish in 1st place. *2-1 Pats in 2nd. *1-2 Jets in 3rd.. and *0-3 Buffalo in last.

But the thing that works in our favor is, we're in control of our own destiny. If we beat Miami on Sunday.. regardless of if New England wins or not.. the Jets are in 1st place in the division.

..this game is big.. NOT due to the fact that the Dolphins would remain an undefeated team. (should the Jets lose) But more because, we would drop to 3rd in the Division.

Think about it.. there is no way in hell the Bills beat the Patriots next week. Therefore, if we were to lose on Sunday.. the AFC East ranking would be; *3-0 Fish in 1st place. *2-1 Pats in 2nd. *1-2 Jets in 3rd.. and *0-3 Buffalo in last.

But the thing that works in our favor is, we're in control of our own destiny. If we beat Miami on Sunday.. regardless of if New England wins or not.. the Jets are in 1st place in the division.

If the jets can come out 3-1 in their first 4 games, then I would take them into consideration as an AFC champion. Hopefully the play calling continues to improve

nfl_a_sanchez_edwards1x_576.jpg

..well.. well.. well.

What a difference a week makes, eh gentleman? 2 games in the books.. and the laughing-stock Jets are now 1-1. -IN FACT (while we're at it) let's look at some of the other teams that are 1-1 in the Conference, shall we? New England.. Baltimore.. Cincinnati.. Denver.. San Diego.. Indy.. Tennessee.. Jacksonville..

..Get the picture yet? Let the cluster-fvck, that was the AFC last season.. begin again THIS season!

This is why you play the games folks. And this is why you wait 'till (at least) November to make claims. This season for the Jets (and most of the teams in the AFC for that matter) is going to be a dog fight.. up until the very last game. What hurts the Jets is their schedule. What helps the Jets is the parody throughout this Conference. It's okay to have up & down weeks.. because that's how it's going to be for most of the teams in the AFC anyway.

Like I said last Monday.. relax.. breath deeply.. and take it one week at a time. :thumbsup:

----------------------------

Thoughts & Notes from the game:

*The Defense: What can you say? Over the last 2 games: 6 sacks.. 3 interceptions.. 3 forced fumbles.. only 3 touchdowns allowed. Just unreal all around. When the defense plays like their usual selves, and the offense does their job.. this team looks beautiful.

*Sanchez: WOW! 21 for 30, with 3 TD's.. no picks.. 220 yrds.. and a 124.3 QB rating. Message to Schotty sent loud and clear.. TRUST MARK MORE!

*Braylon: He looked great. Simple as that.

*LT: How about that old dog San Diego didn't want anymore? What's his name?? Oh well, anyway.. he's got 140 rushing yrds (on just 22 attempts) over the last 2 games. That's an average of 6.5 yrds per carry. Not bad for what's-his-name huh?

*Folk: I'd like to thank the Dallas Cowboys organization for this one. --17 Points in the last 2 games. I take back everything I said about Nick Folk. Keep it up guy.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

..now go back into your hole(s)! B )

Sanchez looked good. I am glad you take such joy in a Giants loss. You, like most Jets fans, have the inferiority complex and for just cause. The Giants will always be the premier franchise and it is a bitter pill to swallow for fans of Gang Green. The Colts are one of the best teams in the league, it's not like the G-Men lost to Oakland

EDIT: FVCK BRAYLON EDWARDS! WHAT A MORON! ARRESTED FOR DUI!!!! He is my 3rd starting WR for fantasy, and I thought things were looking up now that they took the training wheels off of Sanchez. Then this clown goes and does this! Rot in jail moron! I am in trouble now....

Edited by ThreeCups

Mike T said that Braylon will play Sunday.

There's some kind of clause in the CBA that the team can't sit a player without just cause, and that they would face grievances by the union if they deactivated Edwards without the league suspending Edwards.

It's likely that the league won't act until criminal prosecution comes to an end. At that time, if Edwards is found guilty and/or pleads no contest to a charge, then he would be suspended for violation #2 under the league personal conduct policy. He's also liable to be fined something like $50K as a first offender under the substance abuse policy (and the two policies cannot assist each other; each is a seperate process and behavioral strikes cannot be used as substance abuse strikes and vice versa)

So, basically, the Jets have said he won't start, which probably means he's out for the first series. Beyond that, any further punishment will have to come from the league after the criminal proceedings have gone through their motions.

However, there is one small wrinkle, and that is that Edwards violated probation in Ohio with this DWI. The State of Ohio might attempt to jail Edwards over this, not sure how that's going to work.

There's some kind of clause in the CBA that the team can't sit a player without just cause, and that they would face grievances by the union if they deactivated Edwards without the league suspending Edwards.

Which is nonsense if you think about it. Otherwise you could never deactivate any scrub without them filing a grievance, or suspend any single player for 'violating team rules' (Mike Sims-Walker comes to mind last year, if only cause it cost me a game on one of my fantasy teams :P)

I don't mind the Jets not deactivating him, why should we be held to a higher standard than other teams with DWI's that let their players play? (Brown, McKenzie, etc). What I take issue with is the weenie compromise of sitting him out a series or two and so-called explanation that our hands are tied, no they're not. You can sit him out, you just have to pay him his game check.

Edited by Hasan4978

Revis out for Dolphins, Mangold does not practice

Hope Antonio's eating his Wheaties. Motivated Marshall > Slouch Moss. Though to be honest, the Mangold thing would be really far worse than the Revis injury.

I agree with that, but I'm fairly sure Marshall used to toast Cromartie regularly when he was with Denver and Cromartie was with San Diego, so this is a big advantage to the Fins obviously. But in all honesty I hope Mangold plays for them. No Revis, no Santonio, Edwards MAY have his playing time limited enough to send some kind of message, no Pace, and then you add Mangold to the list? That's a lot of dudes. I don't want them to have that many excuses.

i am not sure if anyone has been listening to WFAN but all they talked about was Edwards. I was off from school and work today and was just amazed how many people called to chime in on the issue. I found it interested how the incident (according to the NFL rules) that driving drunk is not a personal conduct issue but it falls under substance abuse. They made the point why Ben Roethlisberger was punished yet Edwards may not or be punished as severe due to the CBA. I was also surprised that the NFL provides all their players free driving service

1994–2014.... 20 years of Head Coaching..

Jacques Lemaire, Robbie Ftorek, Larry Robinson, Kevin Constantine, Pat Burns, Lou Lamoriello, Claude Julien, Brent Sutter, John MacLean..

..of the aforementioned HC’s, Pete DeBoer has a better winning percentage than just one.. John MacLean. Everyone else has a higher Win%.

1 playoff berth in 4 seasons, and 114 wins in 248 games coached. Is there an: “average\mediocre ” choice that I may vote for??

..because if the Pete DeBoer was considered a NJ Devil “success” ..what is Claude Julien, with nearly 50 wins in 79 games? --a God?

PDCJ_zpsd4591892.png

Edited by Beezer34

..don't forget Jenkins, and a 50% Jason Taylor & Brad Smith. Coupled with your home-field advantage?!?!

I'm really looking at our 2nd meeting as the barometer for my Jets in December. Hopefully by that time, we'll have a somewhat complete team closer to competitive snuff. (barring injury)

*EDIT: It's pathetic if you guys can't get a 'W this Sunday. If by any chance my banged up Jets escape Miami with a victory.. then the Fish are FRAUDS son! smiley-gen162.gif

I love it Beez, you're conceding defeat already :P And yeah, I forgot about Jenkins. We should absolutely win the game, but I'd say that even if the Jets were completely healthy. I still expect a bloodbath of a 3-7 point game in the winner's favor though.

Edited by MadDog2020