2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

..don't forget Jenkins, and a 50% Jason Taylor & Brad Smith. Coupled with your home-field advantage?!?!

I'm really looking at our 2nd meeting as the barometer for my Jets in December. Hopefully by that time, we'll have a somewhat complete team closer to competitive snuff. (barring injury)

*EDIT: It's pathetic if you guys can't get a 'W this Sunday. If by any chance my banged up Jets escape Miami with a victory.. then the Fish are FRAUDS son! smiley-gen162.gif

Of course you use the Jets HOME game vs the Phins as the "barometer" for the Jets. In your last post you added "home field advantage" to your list of ready made excuses for a loss on Sunday...

Of course you use the Jets HOME game vs the Phins as the "barometer" for the Jets. In your last post you added "home field advantage" to your list of ready made excuses for a loss on Sunday...

If I were to site home-field advantage as the sole reason for Miami winning, you'd have a case. But I didn't do that. I listed all the Jets players either *not playing.. *playing a limited portion of the game.. and\or *playing the game banged up.. THEN (after all that) I listed home-field in conjunction to the list of players missing.

Let's put it in perspective; -If the Dolphins were heading into this game without Jake Long.. Channing Crowder.. Jason Allen.. Jared Odrick.. Brandon Marshall.. Brian Hartline.. (for a quarter) a 50% Ronnie Brown\Karlos Dansby.. AND THEN AFTER ALL THAT.. my Jets have home-field advantage.. you can bet your last bottom dollar I'm expecting my boys to snag the 'W.

Injuries are a BIG part of an NFL season. If your team can't stay healthy then you will be forced to go to the bench. The "Star studded" team the Jets paid for seems to get bit by the injury bug. Who said Braylon was sitting out a quarter?

Injuries are a big part of the NFL... but not when it's as much as the Jets have after only 2 games. And not when it's so one-sided either. (which is why I'm looking ahead to December.. when Miami will be just as banged up as everyone) With the exception of CC listed as probable, the injury report for the fish going into this game, reads like a blank piece of paper.

Furthermore.. my prediction on this game weighs more on the fact of Miami being a very good team. If you look what I predicted for this game going into the season.. you'd see it says; *Jets Lose*. (and that was assuming the Jets would be healthy) But when you're as banged up as the Jets are, there's really little chance the Jets win this game. There's a reason why the Dolphins are favored 3 points.. despite only having 1 more win than my Jets.

..and me saying "Braylon will miss the 1st quarter", is just an educated guess.

the more i think about it, the more i think the jets r gonna win this game. theres a ton of pressure on the fins here. pressure to say undefeated. presure to play in fron t of their fans for the first time this season. pressure to be the sunday night game. to be the favord team by 3 points. and then u add all these injuries that the jets have. i think ppl are just expecting the jets to lose. that may be dangerous.

the more i think about it, the more i think the jets r gonna win this game. theres a ton of pressure on the fins here. pressure to say undefeated. presure to play in fron t of their fans for the first time this season. pressure to be the sunday night game. to be the favord team by 3 points. and then u add all these injuries that the jets have. i think ppl are just expecting the jets to lose. that may be dangerous.

This is dead on.

I think the Dolphin D is on a high after stopping Peterson on 4th and goal. If they are complacent, look for Sanchez & Cotchery, Keller to have a big game.

This is dead on.

I think the Dolphin D is on a high after stopping Peterson on 4th and goal. If they are complacent, look for Sanchez & Cotchery, Keller to have a big game.

I agree with that, but I'm fairly sure Marshall used to toast Cromartie regularly when he was with Denver and Cromartie was with San Diego, so this is a big advantage to the Fins obviously.

btw I looked up the Brandon chronicles (vs. San Diego), here are his statlines in his last six games - I ain't counting the two when Marshall was a rookie and had 20 catches for the season:

7 catches, 72 yards, 0 TD's

6-75-0

18-166-1

6-55-0

5-49-0

3-26-0

So five out of six he wasn't really a big factor at all, and the other one he had a monster game.

Edited by Hasan4978

The refs absolutely gifted Miami 7 points in the 1st half, reminds me of the Baltimore debacle.

Sanchez has looked great though, his speed in decision making has really picked up. No more holding onto the ball for hours like last season.

Edited by '7'

I've seen a lot of one sided officiating against the Jets in my time, what I saw on that drive with the refs literally taking away two 1st and goals and wiping a TD away on a "hold" where the dolphin was release is just flat out disgusting.

The refs are absolutely in the bag for Miami

where were these calls on new england for the better part of a decade?

Since when do you see tripping called?

Edited by '7'

I've seen a lot of one sided officiating against the Jets in my time, what I saw on that drive with the refs literally taking away two 1st and goals and wiping a TD away on a "hold" where the dolphin was release is just flat out disgusting.

The refs are absolutely in the bag for Miami

where were these calls on new england for the better part of a decade?

Since when do you see tripping called?

i think they meant to say leg whipping and you rarely see that called anymore so i agree with you and it is usually called on linemen

i think they meant to say leg whipping and you rarely see that called anymore so i agree with you and it is usually called on linemen

and it had nothing to do with the play...edwards was on the freaking ground! I think they made a judgement call there but you don't take 1st and goals away from teams on stuff like that.