Pru Center For Sale?

The Rock 07

Pru Center For Sale? Newark may sell their share of The Rock to close their budget gap. The link is to HF Boards because the poster their didn't have an original link and I didn't want to post the whole article here but its from Bloomberg.

Newark May Consider Prudential Center Sale to Plug Budget Gap

By Terrence Dopp

Aug. 17 (Bloomberg) -- Newark, the largest city in New

Jersey, may consider selling its three-year-old Prudential

Center arena to close a $150 million deficit, the council vice

president said.

Edited by The Rock 07

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this should really be in the main forum for hilarities sake.

Newark City Council reminds me of the Board of Ed from Lean on Me. :lol: YOUR END OF THE DEAL IS WORTH ABOUT $10. Sharpe James screwed you over. :lol: No one is giving you $200M, because the state basically gave you that $200M that you parlayed into $0.

They should have built the arena somewhere else to begin with. I thought Parsippany would have been nice. More practical than Newark, a safer town than Newark...(Plus living in the Rockaway/Denville area it's only a hop, skip and jump for me.)

I think that the only reason it was built in Newark was because the land was so cheap and because of Newark's dire need to change their image.

Edited by TheMazz

They should have built the arena somewhere else to begin with. I thought Parsippany would have been nice. More practical than Newark, a safer town than Newark...(Plus living in the Rockaway/Denville area it's only a hop, skip and jump for me.)

I think that the only reason it was built in Newark was because the land was so cheap and because of Newark's dire need to change their image.

Parsippany would've made a lot more sense. Building the arena in Newark, which is accessible by Amtrak, NJ Transit the PATH and countless bus lines in addition to already having thousands of parking spots in place made absolutely no sense to me.

You're all missing the point. Newark couldn't make money off this deal if it was the most beautiful place on earth. They have made.... wait for it. $0. They want to sell $0, and the potential for maybe $1-2M a year, should Devils Entertainment lose their arbitration, for $200M. :lol:

Newark City Council is, and has always been, full of total retards. You got dicked on the deal w/ money that the state basically gave you. What about that is worth $200M? I don't even know if JVB's half is worth $200M yet, and he's the one that makes the money on the deal.

The DEVILS would not be making the same money off of this if it was in Parsippany.

There's nowhere in Parsippany to build the parking garage or practice rink, nevermind the arena.

Besides, the traffic on 46 and that stretch of 80 is too heavy as it is. You can't build these things in bedroom communities and suburban areas.

There's nowhere in Parsippany to build the parking garage or practice rink, nevermind the arena.

Besides, the traffic on 46 and that stretch of 80 is too heavy as it is. You can't build these things in bedroom communities and suburban areas.

I think he was kidding.

And in Essex County, land is NOT cheap. Neither is taxes.

I thought Newark was a great location.

I also thought New Brunswick would have been a good location too.

If the Hoboken arena idea went through, it would have been neat... they would have to change around roads and traffic patterns though.

Actually I wasn't. There is plenty of room off of 80 to build what the Devils need. The lot, arena, rink...plus all of the money in Morris county to fund it to add in the fact it would have been a better and more sensible option.

I thought the Hoboken thing was a joke. Where are you gonna park there? You want to talk about hardly any land...

Edited by TheMazz

Actually I wasn't. There is plenty of room off of 80 to build what the Devils need. The lot, arena, rink...plus all of the money in Morris county to fund it to add in the fact it would have been a better and more sensible option.

I thought the Hoboken thing was a joke. Where are you gonna park there? You want to talk about hardly any land...

Why would it be sensible. how is anyone outside of 287 getting there? is there a corrupt politician there that is going to give them 100% of the revenue for 50% of the cost, and then structure the lease in a way that they don't have to pay rent?

where is the mass transit? Newark was a perfect location for the building. I understand some people might not like having to go to Newark and leave their suburban paradise, but oh well, tough sh!t. so, if I'm taking a train from the shore, I have still go to or past Newark Penn to transfer? and there may or may not be a stop in the vincinity of your proposed arena?

this is like the Sens building put even further away from the city. ask 100 Sens fans how they feel about the location and its access.

Why would it be sensible. how is anyone outside of 287 getting there? is there a corrupt politician there that is going to give them 100% of the revenue for 50% of the cost, and then structure the lease in a way that they don't have to pay rent?

where is the mass transit? Newark was a perfect location for the building. I understand some people might not like having to go to Newark and leave their suburban paradise, but oh well, tough sh!t. so, if I'm taking a train from the shore, I have still go to or past Newark Penn to transfer? and there may or may not be a stop in the vincinity of your proposed arena?

this is like the Sens building put even further away from the city. ask 100 Sens fans how they feel about the location and its access.

You do realize that train you are talking about...takes you right through Parsippany and 80?

Edited by TheMazz

You do realize that train you are talking about...takes you right through Parsippany and 80?

You do realize that there is no direct line because the NJ Transit is hubbed out of Newark/Secaucus/Hoboken/NYC, right?

so someone who has to go to your proposed arena, from down the shore, has to go past the current location and switch trains, for another long train ride so you can have an arena in your backyard. that next to no one can access via roads.

it's exactly the same as Kanata, an outpost location misserved by mass transit. it's basically at the edge of the NYC metroplex going west. how in the world is that a good location?

Edited by maxpower

You do realize that there is no direct line because the NJ Transit is hubbed out of Newark/Secaucus/Hoboken/NYC, right?

so someone who has to go to your proposed arena, from down the shore, has to go past the current location and switch trains, for another long train ride so you can have an arena in your backyard. that next to no one can access via roads.

it's exactly the same as Kanata, an outpost location misserved by mass transit. it's basically at the edge of the NYC metroplex going west. how in the world is that a good location?

I just don't see how you can be in favor of Newark ever getting that arena. Is it a big city...yes. But It's gang warfare there. Newark at night...oh god. It's dangerous. Bad location could be the reason it's losing money?

Edited by TheMazz

I just don't see how you can be in favor of Newark ever getting that arena. Is it a big city...yes. But It's gang warfare there. Newark at night...oh god. It's dangerous. Bad location could be the reason it's losing money?

folks, your stereotypical white suburbanite. :round of applause:

I mean, they're having Larry the Cable Guy there. I guess all of the white folk are just too scared to turn out and the place is a total flop. everyone knows what kind of hit Larry the Cable Guy is in Irvington.

You probably haven't been there have you? By your logic the United Center, Yankee Stadium, Verizon and Staples would be bankrupt by now.

And for a place that's 15th in the country in tickets sold(not including sporting events), it ain't doing shabby.

I've been to quite a few. Last year was my first time there and I went to five total last season. (Against the Jackets, Panthers, Isles, Bruins and game one against the Flyers) I'll gladly put up a photo of one of my tickets if you want proof.

Parsippany would've made a lot more sense. Building the arena in Newark, which is accessible by Amtrak, NJ Transit the PATH and countless bus lines in addition to already having thousands of parking spots in place made absolutely no sense to me.

:clap:

I just don't see how you can be in favor of Newark ever getting that arena. Is it a big city...yes. But It's gang warfare there. Newark at night...oh god. It's dangerous.

Quick, somebody post a picture of Kevin Weekes and see if he sh!ts his pants.

Personally, I never wanted the Devils to leave the Meadowlands, which is just 10 minutes from home for me.

But it turns out I love the Rock and have never had a problem in or outside the arena. And I usually park a few blocks away on the streets for free.

Edited by 95Crash

TheMazz is a douche.

'nuff said.

I love your early judgement of me. hey though, you have all the right in the world to think what you want at me.

For all of those that want to throw drinks and food at me because of my views on Newark...heres how you can identity me whenever I go to the Rock. I'm the one wearing the custom red and green Devils jersey with "Mazzarone" on the back.(Number 89. I also wear a white Nieuwendyk jersey) Hunt my head if you wish. Doesn't bother me none. I've been called and dealt with worse in my short 21 years. I really don't hate anyone lol.

Edited by TheMazz