All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:36 AM

Let's Go DEVILS!!!!!!!

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#22 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

Must win for our guys. Someone has to step up and lead for once.

#23 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

Big game but not series-ending if we lose.. Get lots of shots on Hank and SWARM THESE MOFOs

I'd say it depends on how they lose...if they lose 4-3 but got a few past Lundqvist I'd feel a little better than if they got shut down again offensively (one could argue that the Devils will have wasted a game where they actually solved Lundqvist in such a situation, but I can't stress enough how important I think it is that the Devils simply get some pucks in the net against this guy). If they lose 2-0 or 4-1 or something like that, I think their confidence takes a big hit, especially because of who's in net. If it was a Bryzgalov-type, even after two games I think the Devils would still be OK confidence-wise.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 16 May 2012 - 09:55 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#24 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

Kovalchuk's going to go HAM tonight and begin to take over the series. 2 goals for him tonight.

LGD!

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#25 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

Just win. LGD.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#26 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,908 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:16 AM

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#27 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

From TG:

Devils coach Pete DeBoer has reunited Zach Parise with Travis Zajac and Ilya Kovalchuk on the top line and reverted to the line combinations he used in the Florida series.

Patrik Elias is centering Petr Sykora and Dainius Zubrus on the second line and Adam Henrique is centering Alexei Ponikarovsky and David Clarkson on the third line. The fourth line remains the same with Stephen Gionta centering Ryan Carter and Stephen Gionta.

I know Gionta has been good, but thats asking a bit much!!!

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#28 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

Am I the only one who thinks when gionta flys by defenders he says fast in a high pitched voice "scuse me, comin through"?

#29 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

From TG:

I know Gionta has been good, but thats asking a bit much!!!

Gio playing double roles on the same line? lol sounds as silly as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC7zRboFh8I&t=1m4s

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#30 DobaMB30

DobaMB30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:13 AM

I hope they bring the same intensity as they showed vs the Flyers, if they do the goals will come and so will the wins.. LGD !!
Posted Image

#31 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

Lets Go Boys!! LGD

#32 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

im getting more and more nervous....win devils!!
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#33 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

I don't know about the lines.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#34 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,276 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

I'd say it depends on how they lose...if they lose 4-3 but got a few past Lundqvist I'd feel a little better than if they got shut down again offensively (one could argue that the Devils will have wasted a game where they actually solved Lundqvist in such a situation, but I can't stress enough how important I think it is that the Devils simply get some pucks in the net against this guy). If they lose 2-0 or 4-1 or something like that, I think their confidence takes a big hit, especially because of who's in net. If it was a Bryzgalov-type, even after two games I think the Devils would still be OK confidence-wise.

You might be right...except going down 2-0 would stink either way because I can't see us sweeping the home games here since it won't be a huge home-ice advantage. So at best, we'd probably have to win 5 & 7 at MSG.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#35 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,905 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

Harrold in and Larsson out.

Lineup is pretty much back to what it was at game 1 against the Panthers.

nj.com

#36 Rangerfans

Rangerfans

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

nj.com

I thought Larsson looked pretty awesome in Game 1. Guy isn't afraid to shoot.

#37 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

nj.com

Ehhh... Not sure about this. Larsson was one of the only people firing away in Game 1.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#38 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

agree with you guys larsson at the end of the guy was firing bombs
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#39 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

Ehhh... Not sure about this. Larsson was one of the only people firing away in Game 1.

Almost feels like DeBoer and Co. are already in "uh-oh" mode. Hope this works out.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#40 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:53 AM

Yeah, I don't get this. Unless they just want better D on the power play.

Man, could we use Tallinder.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users