Rick Nash

Daniel

They will eventually have to move him.

But why? because the media has deemed Nash and Columbus need to move on?

There is a lot of pressure on Nash to be the end all, be all. If they can get a good team around him, I don't see why they have to part with him.

If CBJ can't get what they want, or reasonably uncompromising offer... I don't see why CBJ needs to pick the best of subpar deals. I don't see Nash holding out and taking a suspension. I don't see him limited his trade value by not really putting effort in. If CBJ starts off hot, you'll forget these trade talks ever occurred.

I do believe it's more likely someone who overbid for him... eventually this offseason. But I wouldn't be shocked to see Nash stay. Much how Nash was supposed to be out at the deadline last year...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disregard Nash. Acquire Ryan.

http://www.the700lev...?blockID=729056

“I heard Anaheim was a little overwhelmed with offers and they only took four seriously, but none of the teams were mentioned to me other than Philly,” Ryan said. “Everybody wants to play in your hometown, but it would be tough because a lot of expectations come when you're put into a situation like that. For me, if I'm moved, Philadelphia would be a very ideal and comfortable place for me.”

As a personal rule of thumb, if you consider Philly an "ideal" place to play, you're not the kind of player I want on my team.

Edited by ben00rs

But why? because the media has deemed Nash and Columbus need to move on?

There is a lot of pressure on Nash to be the end all, be all. If they can get a good team around him, I don't see why they have to part with him.

If CBJ can't get what they want, or reasonably uncompromising offer... I don't see why CBJ needs to pick the best of subpar deals. I don't see Nash holding out and taking a suspension. I don't see him limited his trade value by not really putting effort in. If CBJ starts off hot, you'll forget these trade talks ever occurred.

I do believe it's more likely someone who overbid for him... eventually this offseason. But I wouldn't be shocked to see Nash stay. Much how Nash was supposed to be out at the deadline last year...

The longer this goes on, the more likely it is that Nash's trade value decreases, not increases. Yes, Nash doesn't have a ton of leverage, but neither does Columbus with trades. If the cap goes down significantly, here's what could happen - A: Nash's contract becomes prohibitively expensive B: The players Columbus might want for Nash, young and cheap, become more attractive to high-spending teams C: There will be players available due to amnesty buyouts who could be attractive D: A lockout might dry up the Nash trade market - teams may be afraid to rock the boat with a big deal knowing they don't have much time to get team chemistry in place

While we're on the topic of trades that will never happen...

Someone called into the sports talk radio show here in Nashville, talking about both Suter/Parise leaving for Minny. Thinking that the same will happen with Weber, they proposed this trade:

Weber to NJ

Henrique and Larsson and pick(s) to Nashville.

Even if you could get Weber to sign a long term deal before hitting free agency (which is unlikely), there's no way I'm doing that if I were Lou.

Someone called into the sports talk radio show here in Nashville, talking about both Suter/Parise leaving for Minny. Thinking that the same will happen with Weber, they proposed this trade:

Weber to NJ

Even if you could get Weber to sign a long term deal before hitting free agency (which is unlikely), there's no way I'm doing that if I were Lou.

i honestly probably would not do that if we were considering talent alone

Weber to NJ

Wouldn't do it for either Henrique or Larsson and even if Weber were signed to a market-rate long-term deal.

http://www.the700lev...?blockID=729056

As a personal rule of thumb, if you consider Philly an "ideal" place to play, you're not the kind of player I want on my team.

Not to mention when he becomes a FA everyone knows where he will end up. Why pay a lot for him now in a trade only to have him for a couple of years? He can, and will, jump ship to Filthy at the first opportunity.

Nash has an NMC anyways and reports have said that he has given the Jackets a list of teams he'd play for - none of which are the Devils. The report I read gave a douche list in which basically Nash only had teams that were on huge stages: (Pitt, Bos, Phi, NYR, etc..)

Edited by ben00rs

• 1 year later...