2013 NHL Draft

Derlique

really? im not? but anyway

That's really weird... I tried to view it on my phone and it came up subscribers only, but then I tried it on my computer and it worked. Article doesn't really say why they're using the Devils' jet though, does it.

Thanks for pasting it, though.

Edited by NewarkDevil5

From what I've gathered from random forum posts; His agent is suggesting that he wants to go to the NHL asap, after recently being traded against his will.. He is under contract though, one that doesn't allow him to leave for another year. So, I wouldn't count on it unless some kind of compensation was agreed upon.

Edited by njdevsftw

From what I've gathered from random forum posts; His agent is suggesting that he wants to go to the NHL asap, after recently being traded against his will.. He is under contract though, one that doesn't allow him to leave for another year. So, I wouldn't count on it unless some kind of compensation was agreed upon.

Couldn't something happen like with Radulov, except the other way around?

The new ISS Top 30:

1. RD Seth Jones
2. C Nathan MacKinnon
3. C Jonathan Drouin
4. F Valery Nichushkin
5. F Sasha Barkov
6. LD Darnell Nurse
7. C Elias Lindholm
8. LD Nikita Zadorov
9. C Sean Monahan
10. C Bo Horvat

Also, Hockey Prospectus has their Top 250 listing and then links to the more detailed posts on each different group as they upload them.

Buzzing the Net: Top 10 draft prospects headed to Saskatoon

Guys who may be available when the Devils select 9th overall and are projected early to mid 1st rounders:

4. Bo Horvat, centre, London Knights – It’s believed Horvat leads the way of the Knights’ handful of highly-regarded draft prospects. He, however, isn’t too far ahead of Domi and Zadorov in most rankings.

The 6-foot, 203-pounder, who is ranked 15th by NHL's Central Scouting, doubled his point total this year, notching 33 goals and 61 points in 67 games. He also made a name for himself in the dot, typically winning 60 to 70 per cent of his faceoffs on any given night.

Horvat’s real coming out party came in the second season. After scoring 16 goals and 23 points in 21 games, he was named the Ontario Hockey League’s Playoff MVP.
 5. Max Domi, wing, London Knights – Domi’s nose for the net and first-class first two steps has put him on the map as one of the top forwards of the draft.

The Toronto native led London in scoring in both seasons, netting 39 goals and 87 points in 64 games in the regular-season and 11 goals and 32 points in 21 games in the playoffs.

Even though he was ranked 19th by NHL’s Central Scouting, there is a lot of chatter that the 5-foot-10, 194-pounder, who is the son of former NHL tough guy Tie Domi, could be one of the first 10 players to have his name called in New Jersey on June 30.
6. Nikita Zadorov, defence, London Knights – Standing 6-foot-5, 228-pounds, it’s practically impossible to overlook Zadorov on the ice. He, however, stands out for a lot more reasons than his towering stature. The Russian native is a smooth skater, plays the body hard and often, and can contribute in the offensive zone as he scored six goals and 25 points in 63 games.

Should be available in the 2nd round at 39th overall but would probably be a reach:

8. Oliver Bjorkstrand, wing, Portland Winterhawks – Although he isn’t as highly regarded as Nino Niederreiter, the New York Islanders’ fifth overall pick in 2010, or Sven Baertshi, the Calgary Flames’ 13th overall pick in 2011, Bjorkstrand is the Winterhawks’ latest import draft star.

Bjorkstrand’s transition to the North American game from the pro Denmark league he played in last year has been smooth. The 5-foot-11, 163-pounder, who is ranked 36th by Central Scouting, quickly found success finding the back of the net in Portland, going on to almost maintain a point-per-game ratio with 31 goals and 63 points in 65 games.

Should be available in the 4th round when the Devils pick at 100th overall - a guy I know nothing about:
10. Remi Elie, wing, London Knights – After scoring seven goals and 17 points in 65 games, the 6-foot-1, 200-pound rookie raised his level of play for the Knights in the playoffs. He potted four goals and eight points in 21 contests, improving his points-per-game ratio by roughly 45 per cent.

Elie, who is ranked 71st among North American skaters by Central Scouting, is known for playing a simple meat-and-potatoes style. He finishes every check and plays a 200-foot game.

Article also mentions Halifax Mooseheads G Zachary Fucale who is supposed to be the first goalie drafted. I would be shocked if the Devils took him at 9th or even at 39th if he somehow fell that far (doubt it) nor do I think it would make sense for them to take a goalie early in the draft.

Watched Knights/Sask. blades earlier today. Zadarov looked really good, a leader as well, so did Horvat!

Domi is quick a great stick handler.

Ever wonder if Conte is looking further down the list of players and see a "pearl" of the oyster?? like

Robert Hagg or Wennberg? or Lazar?

Also, without having to peruse this entire thread, can anyone tell me the rounds devils will draft in?thx

Watched Knights/Sask. blades earlier today. Zadarov looked really good, a leader as well, so did Horvat!

Domi is quick a great stick handler.

Ever wonder if Conte is looking further down the list of players and see a "pearl" of the oyster?? like

Robert Hagg or Wennberg? or Lazar?

Also, without having to peruse this entire thread, can anyone tell me the rounds devils will draft in?thx

The Devils have the following picks by round: 1 (9th overall), 2 (39th overall), 4 (100th overall), and 6 (160th overall). Below are my random thoughts on the game.

This was my first time getting to watch London. Out of the 3 big London prospects, I was most impressed by C Bo Horvat and saw why he's been climbing up the rankings. Kid turned 18 in April, is already 6'0, 203, and has continued his breakout season and playoffs into the Memorial Cup. Skates well and seems to have a great understanding of the game in all 3 zones. Had a really nice steal to set up the 2nd London goal. Seems to have the makings of a solid 2 way center.

D Nikita Zadorov seemed to get better as the game went on after being on for an early goal against. He clearly towers over everyone at 6'5, 228 and he just turned 18 a month ago. I was impressed by how mobile he is for a big guy. Even was cutting towards the front of the net and creeping down low which helped him pick up his PPG.

LW Max Domi was solid but I can't see him being a top 10 pick. I will say his skating and vision was very impressive. Defintely seems more like a playmaker than a scorer and I'm not sure how confident I'd be in him scoring down the road in the NHL. More like a mid 1st round pick to me in this draft class. He's generously listed at 5'10, 194 but I'd be shocked if that was true - though he is built like a tank. With the way he threw his body around out there, he seems like all muscle. Check out this huge shoulder to shoulder hit he had:

Domi seems like he's going to be a real solid NHLer.  While 9 might seem like a stretch for him at this point.  5 years down the road it might look like a steal.  As important as his skill he has the head of a hockey player.  Could be our new Parise...

This draft in general seems pretty sweet.. Though, we could easily pull up highlights from Omark & Granlund that look even more impressive.. That sorta fancy stickwork doesn't necessarily transfer that well to the NHL.

Edited by njdevsftw

This draft in general seems pretty sweet.. Though, we could easily pull up highlights from Omark & Granlund that look even more impressive.. That sorta fancy stickwork doesn't necessarily transfer that well to the NHL.

Or Tedenby for that matter.

Evidently, Nischuskin has said he's coming to North America for the upcoming season, and was told that canceling his deal with Dinamo shouldn't be a problem. 

Corey Pronman

@coreypronman

Valeri Nichushkin tells RSport.ru he has decided to transfer to North
America. Dynamo in the KHL have no issues terminating his contract.

Edited by Daniel

Damn. That means he'll surely be gone by the time we pick. Hope one of Monahan or Lindholm drop

Strange things can happen, as we saw last year with Forsberg and Grigorenko drafted below where conventional wisdom predicted.  Maybe there's the perception of an "attitude problem". 

I'm starting to wonder whether Lou will be forced to take a defenseman. While the Devils' supposed best player available mantra is a bit overstated, it seems like they wouldn't pass up on a 1B defenseman, over a 2a forward. The Finnish defenseman evidently is drawing comparisons to Larsson.

I have a feeling that Lindholm and Monahan will be gone by the time we pick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nurse, Ristolainen, and Zadorov all seem like really good players. I wouldn't be at all surprised if 2 of them get selected in the top 8. But I would probably opt for one of those guys before choosing someone like Shinkaruk or Domi, if Lindholm and Monahan are gone.

apparently edmonton are talking about trading their pick 7 th overall... to pick higher or to pick back + ????

https://twitter.com/ToddCordell/status/338298440889028608/photo/1

People here were speculating that they are drumming up interest in order to trade down, with the assumption that they would rather trade down to 10 and pick a d-man, rather than take one at 7 rather than the best player available or be forced to pick another forward. Edmonton claims they want a center though.

How's this for a mini mock draft up until 9? Not sure where I'm going with this, so don't take it too seriously.

1. Colorado Avalanche - Seth Jones / He seems to be the highest regarded prospect by most.

2. Florida Panthers - Nathan MacKinnon / I like Drouin more, but I think a Huberdeau/MacKinnon combo would be great for Florida.

3. Tampa Bay Lightning - Jonathan Drouin / They had to sacrifice Conacher to help fix their goaltending problem from this season, but maybe Drouin could pick up where he left off even better.

4. Nashville Predators - Alex Barkov / In desperate need of a franchise forward. Perfect pick for them.

5. Carolina Panthers - Darnell Nurse / I think Nurse is really underrated in this draft class. Plus, Carolina is stacked with relatively young forward talent in their top 6. They saw what happened when Pitkanen got hurt. I think they need to draft defense, especially if they aren't going BPA.

6. Calgary Flames - Valeri Nichushkin / Can't pass on him at 6. The Flames have not drafted well lately, but I see Nichushkin as one of the best players in this draft (top 2/3)

7. Edmonton Oilers - Sean Monahan / Their GM basically came out and said that he's interested in Monahan at 7.

8. Buffalo Sabres - Nikita Zadorov / Since Myers doesn't seem to be working out for them, here's another big defenseman who has the potential to be a #1D. I've heard he looks pretty dominant in the OHL.

9. New Jersey Devils - Elias Lindholm / Best player available

Basically what I'm trying to say is: it won't be too surprising if a guy like Lindholm or Monahan falls to the 9th spot. I do worry, though, that Buffalo takes that last player before the drop off in talent. That said, I wouldn't mind selecting Zadorov, Ristolainen, or Nurse at 9.

I think that's a reasonable mock. I have the same concerns about Buffalo grabbing a forward instead of defenseman but I'd be happy with Shinkaruk if the Devils were looking for a forward and the likes of Monahan, Lindholm, etc. were off the board. I've really become a fan of Horvat watching the Memorial Cup and wouldn't be upset if they moved back to get him and acquire something else in the process.