Devils to Host the 2013 NHL Draft at Prudential Center

Maddog

Good point about the NHL, but we're considered the host and the Devils will be responsible for ticket distribution. Just as the Wild were this year.

I dunno about the Rags and Flyers fans being *that* interested. The Flyers are hosting it in 2014 and I would bet that neither of them will have high enough picks to garner that much interest.

Heres how the Wild did it. It looks like STH got first dibs, but then they had an allotment for tonight...

You ARE aware that it's currently 2012 and the draft is in Pittsburgh this year, right? :lol:

You ARE aware that it's currently 2012 and the draft is in Pittsburgh this year, right? :lol:

lol aware its 2012 but completely forgot its in Pittsburgh this year

They dont have any ticket information on their site anymore, but it appears that they did it the same way as the Wild did (STH get first dibs) but they're also having a big draft day party for their fans.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=79875&cmpid=bnb

Kind of hard to believe this will be the first NHL Draft in the New York metro area. I swear I thought the Devs had hosted one in the past and the fact that neither the Rangers nor the Islanders ever got the shot is... weird. Very nice to see the Devs, the Rock and Newark get some kind of spotlight here!

Now, it will really suck if we give up the 1st rounder in 2013. :P You know Lou's not the kind of guy to adjust team business to PR. I just hope he makes sure we do have a pick in the 1st round.