Fantasy Baseball Season Thread

NJDevs4978

Holy crap, Smoltz and Schmidt might have just stolen an opening week tie for me (at least if my ERA calculations are correct and Takatsu doesn't somehow get four strikeouts tonight) :o   :hail:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

UN-FRIGGIN-BELEIVABLE!!! :argh:

Go into the last day up 8-2 or 7-3 or something :noclue: like that and end up 5-5??? :puke::argh::angry:

Of course in my other league i went into sunday losing 0-10 and came out 4-6!!!

:rofl::dance:

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the plan is going to form. Even without my 3rd and 4th pitchers I still managed to clean up in the K category which led to doing well in the pitching category overall. Is there something I don't know about Contreras cause I loved getting him off the waiver wire this past week?

Well the plan is going to form.  Even without my 3rd and 4th pitchers I still managed to clean up in the K category which led to doing well in the pitching category overall.  Is there something I don't know about Contreras cause I loved getting him off the waiver wire this past week?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not neccesarily, Whne Matt Morris became available i decided i had to jump on him, and if you have not already noticed I make like 10 transactions a week, I react to every little thing.. it hoprrible... but I havalso won 2 or the last 3 years...

Has not sure if you notived, i won all 5 hitting you won all 5 pitching!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh believe me I noticed, I even told RD like Wednesday or so that I figured I'd HAVE to sweep the pitching categories to have any chance at a win or tie cause my entire offense stunk all week and your offense was pounding the ball like they all played in Coors Field :lol:

I really got into it yesterday, figuring out whether I had any shot to come back, I pretty much had no chance until Smoltz had his lights out outing then I started doing some number crunching and figured I had a chance with Schmidt still to go and he and Brandon Lyon clinched all the categories for me :)

Honestly though I didn't know each category gave you a win or a loss I figured it was just one single win, loss or tie depending on how you did each week. I like it better this way though, you get 220 'games' instead of 22.

Alfonzo and Kent have carried my team, Fonzie being a late round pick too. Hope he stays healthy. Griffey has done nothing. Belliard has been ok, though I've benched him on too many good days.

I was torn on Castilla, I waiver him, tried to reaquire him, signed Hillenbrand, dumped Hillenbrand. Really with the way Alfonzo is playing, Castilla would not have gotten much playing time and I wasn't going to dump my regular utilty Phil Nevin in favor of him either.

Also grabbed Garland and Fogg early, maybe they're due for breakout seasons, maybe they'll fizzle out early, but I wanted to take a chance on some pitchers.

know the feeling have had a few injuries also, but my bigest problem is Jeter who since the first game is batting like 084!!!

he's killing me to the point that i have benched him!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So thats why all the yankees are hitting tonight? I understand now, its always when you bench guys that things come alive...although I don't know how Jeter did tonight.

Tonight it does seem like everyone I benched had big games, while I got cute and pitched Bedard and he got CRUSHED by the popgun Tiger offense :P Well except for Inge anyway, who I picked in the last round and he might be my starting catcher in a matter of hours at this rate (and Estrada isn't doing half-bad but man Inge's been tearing it up - except when I do play him anyway) :lol:

Well I guess we have the first trade of the year (presuming it passes). Now that I have two slap-hitting midfielders with 30-steal potential and only need one, I'd trade Lugo for a SP or a RP, or Lugo and Brown for a good SP if there are any takers.

Edited by Hasan4978

Ugh, I can't win...I decide to bench Castilla today and he goes 4/5 with TWO SBs...he had like one SB all of last season! I could have won the SB category too, now I'm absolutely screwed for this week. UGH. :angry:

EDIT: Actually, he had ZERO SBs last year. I can't win. :evilcry:

Edited by RoughDraft

Haha that sucks :P

If it makes you feel any better I had Casey Blake get two steals on my bench in Week 1 (and he had only five all of last year) and lost the category by one lousy steal. There ARE a lot of weird guys getting steals so far, for a week and a half Manny had more steals than homers :lol:

Haha that sucks :P

If it makes you feel any better I had Casey Blake get two steals on my bench in Week 1 (and he had only five all of last year) and lost the category by one lousy steal.  There ARE a lot of weird guys getting steals so far, for a week and a half Manny had more steals than homers :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know trading Jeter will haunt me, but i had to do the 2 for 1 and fill that hole at RP!!!