GDT: Devils vs. Bruins

Cachorro Louco

The Devils are 5 points ahead of 8th place Winnipeg with THREE games in hand. I'm not worried about them. 6 points ahead of Wash and NINE points ahead of Buffalo with a game in hand. Beat Washington tonight, and they will be 8 points ahead. I think we're alright.

Step off the ledge people.

Something to note. During this losing streak, every loss has been by one goal (not counting the rags eng). So we've done quite well against the stiff competition, but are not getting any bounces or puck luck

Exactly.. And did this team look like a defeated, confidence-lacking group yesterday? The Bruins played us tough and we came back from a 2 goal deficit in the first 10 minutes.. I think if we just keep playing our game we'll be more than fine

Played EXTREMELY well against Vancouver but Schneider was outstanding.

Not looking at the score and looking only at how the games were played, only the Tampa game looked like a loss. The Devils played well enough to win the other three, but bad bounces, missed calls, fluke this, fluke that, whatever you wanna call it, the games just didn't go our way.

As long as the losing streak doesn't get in any of the players' heads, I think the team will be fine. That said, a win tonight would be really nice. :evil:

The most important aspect of last night's game was that we put some pucks in the net. I dont believe that a small losing streak (when the team is still playing pretty well) gets into the guy's heads nearly as much as not scoring for a few games. I think Zach getting one vs Tampa late as well as last night is huge for his confidence as we head down the stretch. Kovy is streaky, and Clarky has already given us more than anyone really expected...we're going to need Zach to play like the best US born player in the game if we want to have continued success.

Bruins really carried speed into our zone all game. after that start the wheels could have come off, but the boys rallied and showed that they can skate too. it has to be good for the teams psyche even if we did blow the lead, 4-0 would have been a downer

zach showed extra hustle even for him, poni was all over, I thought A-train won his battles. I liked our aggressive pinching and the way greene is carrying the puck in. (even if zid did get caught)

Zid looks like he has a small footprint behind and near our net, I thought he'd be a little quicker with his blades

marty kept us in it and got us a point, a big point

Good to see the Devils scoring again. These slumps happen but we competed well in every one of them except for the Tampa game.

I am still on the fence right now if Zid is an upgrade over Foster. I kinda miss Foster's shot on the PP. I'll give Zid a few more games.

Edited by DevsMan84

Good to see the Devils scoring again. These slumps happen but we competed well in every one of them except for the Tampa game.

I am still on the fence right now if Zid is an upgrade over Foster. I kinda miss Foster's shot on the PP. I'll give Zid a few more games.

Excellent sign that you think he may not be a upgrade over Foster.

Number of Power Plays we've gotten the last ten games:

Very low considering we have been playing pretty well. The refs have been brutal.

with the amount of short handed opportunities boston had last night, maybe thats a good thing

Wow.

Game had a little bit of everything didn't it? A pathetic 25+ minute performance, a little bit of hope, a bunch of nice saves by Brodeur. Poor old man, playing his heart out and this team continues to let him down.

Typical Devils. All and all this is who the Devils are. Not the team who was 9-1-1. They can't compete with top teams 80% of the time and IF they make the playoffs they'll be lucky to win a single game.

Oh And another hat trick? Thats just fvcking lovely. Embarrassing.

If they lose to the Caps tonight they can seriously go fvck themselves. Inconsistency is key for these bullsh!t artist. It's absolutely inexcusable to win 5 in a row and then gain only 1 point in your next 4 games, especially with the amount of talent on the team.

But hey stay positive right? We've only been losing by 1 goal each game! Hurray! And it will get easier...oh wait, no it won't.

The kid is going to be great in just a few years, but Larsson needs to sit now. i know that may screw with his confidence a little, but they may have to make that choice. I would put Tao back in the line up. Larsson, IMHO, is not playoff ready(especially Flyers or Bruins)and I really fear that with him in the lineup it may be the difference between a playoff series win or not. He is a much weaker skater than I thought, and I am sure opposing teams scout his weakness of being able to keep guys to the outside. Although this is something he will master of with due time from experience and physical growth. It's funny because when I look at Zidlicky, I see Larrson at age 42.

Wow.

Game had a little bit of everything didn't it? A pathetic 25+ minute performance, a little bit of hope, a bunch of nice saves by Brodeur. Poor old man, playing his heart out and this team continues to let him down.

Typical Devils. All and all this is who the Devils are. Not the team who was 9-1-1. They can't compete with top teams 80% of the time and IF they make the playoffs they'll be lucky to win a single game.

If they lose to the Caps tonight they can seriously go fvck themselves. Inconsistency is key for these bullsh!t artist. It's absolutely inexcusable to win 5 in a row and then gain only 1 point in your next 4 games, especially with the amount of talent on the team.

But hey stay positive right? We've only been losing by 1 goal each game! Hurray! And it will get easier...oh wait, no it won't.

Did you forget your meds again?

Wow.

lol is it just me or does anyone else really look forward to your posts after a devils loss?

I am not kidding I just laugh thinking somewhere out there you are just going nuts over this. Agree with you or not no one can say that you dont make the board a little more entertaining.

• Like 1

Honestly, what the fvck?

Another fvcking collapse.

If this team makes it to the fvcking playoffs, are we even going anywhere?

Watching this team down the stretch and getting excited is going to be a waste of time because they just are not that good.

We get bumped off the puck all night long. Our players are soft. It's just a waste of time.

fvck.

This. There's talent on the team but they really play terrible hockey sometimes.

This. There's talent on the team but they really play terrible hockey sometimes.

They were down 2-0 after 1 period and everyone wrote them off. Then they stormed back and made it 3-2 and Boston tied it in the 3rd off a questionable goal involving a missed hand-pass.

I wouldn't exactly call that horrible effort.

:cheers:

lol is it just me or does anyone else really look forward to your posts after a devils loss?

I am not kidding I just laugh thinking somewhere out there you are just going nuts over this. Agree with you or not no one can say that you dont make the board a little more entertaining.

You just described every NHL team.. Are you sure you want to be a fan of this sport?

Ok sorry. 40% of the time.

Honestly this team is like a hot girl who just teases the sh!t out of you.

You're hanging out one day, decide to go to the gym and them BAM! Text message from a hottie. Win.

You end up hanging out with her and her hot friends that night, have a three some! Win.

The next day is even better because she takes you to her place in the Hamptons. Win.

You meet her family and they invite you on their ski trip the following day. Another win.

So now you've spent almost a week with this super hot chick and you're having a blast, you're excited for the momentum to keep rolling, you want MORE wins!

BUT after the ski trip she drops you off and things become awkward. Loss.

She stops texting you. Another loss

You're wondering what the hell happened because everything was going so well. Another, fvcking, loss.

Maybe tonight that hot chick will tease us. :giggle::blahblah:

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

Honestly, what the fvck?

Another fvcking collapse.

1 If this team makes it to the fvcking playoffs, are we even going anywhere?

2 Watching this team down the stretch and getting excited is going to be a waste of time because they just are not that good.

We get bumped off the puck all night long. Our players are soft. It's just a waste of time.

fvck.

1 - Wow.. Spoiled much? The playoffs aren't some birthright.. Missing them SUCKED last season, so just getting in will be enough to make me happy.. I feel sorry for anyone who feels the way you do.. I guess we've had 3 or 4 acceptable seasons by your standards

2 - Good point.. I only watch the Devils during seasons when they win the Stanley Cup.. Otherwise, what's the point? I'm only a fan of a winner, it's just wasting my time to support a team through a season when they won't win it all.. They key is knowing the future before it happens

Basically what you're saying is that you're like many Rangers fans this season.. You only come out of the woodwork and support when your team is the best.. It's a "waste of your time" to support your team any other season when they aren't #1

By my count, the Devils are 22-16 in one-goal games this year. Before this streak, they were 22-12. So yeah, there's no reason to be concerned, since I'm pretty sure that winning one-goal games is not a skill (Don't mention the shootout, the Devils are good at it, but I find it hard to believe they're better than 60%)

Honestly this team is like a hot girl who just teases the sh!t out of you.

You're hanging out one day, decide to go to the gym and them BAM! Text message from a hottie. Win.

You end up hanging out with her and her hot friends that night, have a three some! Win.

The next day is even better because she takes you to her place in the Hamptons. Win.

You meet her family and they invite you on their ski trip the following day. Another win.

So now you've spent almost a week with this super hot chick and you're having a blast, you're excited for the momentum to keep rolling, you want MORE wins!

BUT after the ski trip she drops you off and things become awkward. Loss.

She stops texting you. Another loss

You're wondering what the hell happened because everything was going so well. Another, fvcking, loss.

Maybe tonight that hot chick will tease us. :giggle::blahblah:

You realize youre describing life, in general, right? Sometimes things are good, sometimes not so good. It's sports, sometimes we win, sometimes we lose. Why would anyone expect otherwise?