Brady out for season?

Prucenterrules

You're just making up stuff. The Pats didn't play "situational football?" Belichick didn't do much game planning? Talk about revisionist history.

I'm stating that they didn't have to...not that they never did. Of course they did against close games like against the Ravens and in the Super Bowl. But now every week is going to have to be a grind.

And when I said game planning...I'm talking about beating the Chargers 38-14 last year. Don't really have to worry about LT when you are up 28-0 at the half. When you beat the Redskins 52-7...Clinton Portis becomes a non-factor. Their offense was so good that you basically had teams abandoning the run in the first quarter and throwing the ball 50 times a game.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading some Bills message boards and SOME of the fans I admit, disgust me. These are the same fans (and I'm sure this goes for other Jets fans as well) who RIP Philly fans for cheering when Michael Irvin got hurt, but then turn around and say "f Brady, I'm glad he is hurt!"

Yeah, that stuff ticks me off, too.

I have to say something about this Brady situation.

After reading some Bills message boards and SOME of the fans I admit, disgust me. These are the same fans (and I'm sure this goes for other Jets fans as well) who RIP Philly fans for cheering when Michael Irvin got hurt, but then turn around and say "f Brady, I'm glad he is hurt!"

Well say what you want about Brady's arrogance, but last I checked, he earned that arrogance, and is not a dirty player. Now if Vince Wilfork got this, MAYBE i feel a touch different. But these guys are still humans and I don't wish that on anyone.

Jets fan here.

I don't wish injuries on anyone, and I never, EVER cheer someone getting injured, having suffered sports injuries myself. He's still a person. As you said, Brady earned his arrogance. He has been amazing. But on the same token, I also was not absolutely crushed that he went down. This gives the Jets a legitimate shot at the division. (Although Buffalo looked good yesterday).

That being said, I'm sure there are lots of Jets fans out there who were ecstatic when he got hurt, and even happier when it turned out to be season ending.

I'm sure there will be some acts of pure class this Sunday from the stands in NY. :rolleyes:

Hrm. I'm hearing that he's not just gone for the regular season... but the whole entire season, including playoffs. I thought maybe, just maybe, the team could ride the easier schedule to the playoffs and have Brady step in for the playoffs. That doesn't seem likely at this point.

you know it was reported that Vince young has a TORN ACL and is only out for 2-4 weeks....... What exactly is Brady injury? Worse than young's torn ACL?

I heard torn ACL AND MCL.

NAH NAH NAH NAH...HEY HEY HEY...GOODBYE.

Sorry. Lost my composure for a second. Sucks for the Pats. But I don't like them. So...

QB Tim Rattay and Chris Simms flew into NE and they were turned away and sent back to the airport. What a waste of their time. Culpepper rumors are now surfacing by ESPN Chris Mortensen.

Classic Belichicken move... but then again Chris Simms should be stopped at the city limits of any city with an NFL team in it :P

QB Tim Rattay and Chris Simms flew into NE and they were turned away and sent back to the airport. What a waste of their time. Culpepper rumors are now surfacing by ESPN Chris Mortensen.

Wow, they called them in and then turned them away? That's rough for both of those guys.

The Culpepper rumors are interesting, since Culpepper was saying he's done with the NFL just last week. Then again... Favre was done with the NFL, too... hehe.

Wow, they called them in and then turned them away? That's rough for both of those guys.

The Culpepper rumors are interesting, since Culpepper was saying he's done with the NFL just last week. Then again... Favre was done with the NFL, too... hehe.

Yeah well that is an ass of a coach for you. Always hated that ass. Culpeeper possibly to come out of his brief retirement to reunite with Moss. :noclue: Just rumors right now.

What I am hearing is that Rattay and Simms CALLED the Patriots... and flew to New England with the hopes of convincing the Patriots to let them play. The Patriots told them repeatedly that they were not interested in their services.

Yeah well that is an ass of a coach for you. Always hated that ass. Culpeeper possibly to come out of his brief retirement to reunite with Moss. :noclue: Just rumors right now.

Exactly. Just rumors. All of this stuff, really. So before calling Belichick an "ass" maybe you should at least wait to see if he did indeed call Simms and Rattay in before turning them away?

Cassel's going to be the guy for one very important reason: he knows the playbook. Anyone else who comes in and is asked to start right away is going to have to learn the Pats' offense from scratch. That's asking a lot. And whoever backs up isn't going to get a whole lot of snaps, because Cassel's going to need as many as he can get.

Exactly. Just rumors. All of this stuff, really. So before calling Belichick an "ass" maybe you should at least wait to see if he did indeed call Simms and Rattay in before turning them away?

Um, no. He's an ass whether he called Simms and Rattay or not, that would have just confirmed it for the 100th time :P

Good point!

I just hate Belichick and think he is an ass, but that's my opinion. Belichick is a cheater and don't like him for trying to ruin the game and the NFL.

You do know that Jimmy Johnson admitted to doing the very same thing (taping signals)?

I forgot that the Cowboys were the poster boys of class when they were winning their Super Bowls.

You know I like you SD, so I'm not trying to pick a fight with you here, and you're not alone in hating Belichick...you've got plenty of company. But you know and I know that if Belichick had taken the Cowboys to three SB wins, you wouldn't be saying a word about him "ruining" the game and the NFL.

You do know that Jimmy Johnson admitted to doing the very same thing (taping signals)?

I forgot that the Cowboys were the poster boys of class when they were winning their Super Bowls.

You know I like you SD, so I'm not trying to pick a fight with you here, and you're not alone in hating Belichick...you've got plenty of company. But you know and I know that if Belichick had taken the Cowboys to three SB wins, you wouldn't be saying a word about him "ruining" the game and the NFL.

Hey its ok CR. I know you're not.

Not true at all though CR. I was not a big fan of Jimmy Johnson either and some of the things he has done in the NFL. He was a great coach just like Belichick is, but I do not have to like them. I do not condone things like that if it ruins a sport and a good one like the NFL. I know no one is perfect, but again I do not have to like the coach or coaches.