would a third Jersey boost team revenue?

Scottie2Hottie

Not to mention the Packers are the Packers. Millions upon millions of fans from everywhere in the US willing to spend a couple hundred bucks on a piece of paper.

That's unreasonable to expect here - just look at the bricks in Championship Plaza. There's two sections, when the original plans called for them to circle the entire logo AND the steel hockey player structure.

Not to mention the Packers are the Packers. Millions upon millions of fans from everywhere in the US willing to spend a couple hundred bucks on a piece of paper.

That's unreasonable to expect here - just look at the bricks in Championship Plaza. There's two sections, when the original plans called for them to circle the entire logo AND the steel hockey player structure.

Yeah plus with the financial troubles the Devils are reportedly having, many people might not see the Devils as a wise investment while the Packers are clearly not having financial problems.

Yeah plus with the financial troubles the Devils are reportedly having, many people might not see the Devils as a wise investment while the Packers are clearly not having financial problems.

I would hardly call packers "stock" to be an investment since you cannot sell it, provides no voting power and yields no dividends. It is basically a nice little scam to raise cash to gullible fans.

I would hardly call packers "stock" to be an investment since you cannot sell it, provides no voting power and yields no dividends. It is basically a nice little scam to raise cash to gullible fans.

That was my point when I asked that question, it's a fund raiser more or less, and you get a nice certificate to hang on the wall. I'm sure people on this board have spent plenty of money on jerseys (that are obsolete when that player isnt a Devil anymore) and banners and clocks etc etc.

Didn't realize you can't sell it, then yea they are pretty much just asking for donations haha.

I would just hope any 3rd jersey wouldn't be another one with the logo in a circular crest i.e. the Wild, Blues, Penguins, Blackhawks and I think even Panthers did it. It's their regular logo downsized with a circular frame with "XXXXX XXXXX" "Hockey Club" or something around it. Maybe something a little more inspired. I always liked the idea of a black one with red shoulders and the skating devil Lowell used...

Didn't realize you can't sell it, then yea they are pretty much just asking for donations haha.

Yeah I just checked with the website that has an FAQ about their "stock" and it yields no dividends, is not tax-deductible, and you can only sell stock to members of your immediate family. This pretty much makes it worthless.

I did notice that I was wrong on the voting part as each stock gives you 1 vote. To vote on I have no clue but I doubt they will leave important club matters to the cheesehead fans of theirs other than maybe what should be on the menu at the concessions stands.

Wanna raise money- win and win consistently. Have a sound business plan that doesn't diloute your product image. A third jersey, although good for the marginal fan interest, may diloute fan interest for the "winning brand" over the course of time.

Coca Cola, for example, hasn't changed its logo...if they did, people would not like it more...

Wanna raise money- win and win consistently. Have a sound business plan that doesn't diloute your product image. A third jersey, although good for the marginal fan interest, may diloute fan interest for the "winning brand" over the course of time.

Coca Cola, for example, hasn't changed its logo...if they did, people would not like it more...

The Devils still had trouble filling the arena consistently between 95-03, so winning is only going to marginally help the Devils at most.

With the Coca-Cola thing, sometimes change is good in an unexpected way. When they released Coke 2 in the 80's, people were so up in arms about the change that they reverted back to the original formula and sales spiked due to nostalgia and put them ahead to Pepsi, with whom they were losing to and were trying to dethrone with Coke 2.

Same thing happened a couple years back with I believe it was Tropicana where they changed their logo on their boxes and people hated it so much that Tropicana went back to the original one.

im not saying anything here, its interesting to me and i do have a marketing degree i dont use, ive tried to play with the logo enough to allow me to say i dont like any of the others and i do appreciate the traditional one considering hardcore fans dont want to get duped into a trendy one,

i didnt want to say how much i want an official black practice jersey cause i know its black but i like it plain, if anyone know where to get one lmk

if you add a gunmetal grey see how it adds to the black and red and white, other than that some royal blue which sounds crazy, its not just the circle logo which is fine but you can tweak it very little and hold onto the traditional look or you can go wild but add a fourth and/or fifth color.

i was messing with the logo but it wasnt working for me

Edited by lazer

I like the one time a year deal they have going. Rather keep our dignity and miss out on some extra cash than see the Devils disgrace their identity with something like the Islanders third (not saying they'd be that stupid, but there have been some bad thirds). Maybe they should wear the white version of the throwbacks once a year too. If those were available I'd buy one.

Wear the red on St Pattys Day and the white sometime around the holidays .